Rosemary is a native herb of the Mediterranean region, which is been, used since decades as a food ingredients as well as medicine. Rosemary oil is quite concentrate and does not contain fat. Due to its medicinal properties like carnosic acid and several anti oxidants it can solve several hair problems.
Benefits of Rosemary oil
- Reduces hair fall: Due to presence of various fatty acids and anti-inflammatory properties, rosemary oil helps in reducing hair fall. Regular hair massage with rosemary oil improves blood circulation and makes your scalp healthy.
- Reduces dandruff: Rosemary oil contains several anti bacterial properties that heal the damaged scalp resulting in a dandruff free hair.
- Gives you a healthy scalp: This essential oil gets down deep into your scalp and its anti oxidants deeply nourish your scalp. It also helps your scalp to recover from the damage caused by free radicals and extreme sun exposure.
- Controls graying of hair: The natural component of rosemary oil locks the shine and texture of your hair. This helps you to maintain the natural color of your hair preventing early or fast graying of hair.
- Facilitates growth of new hair: As rosemary oil deeply enriches your hair and improves blood circulation in the scalp, it makes the hair fossils much stronger. This leads to growth of new hair fossils, which facilitate hair growth. Using rosemary oil regularly will improve the quality and quantity of your hair naturally.
DIY rosemary oil
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 cups(475 ml) olive oil
- In a saucepan pour the olive oil and start heating it on medium flame.
- Add the rosemary sprigs to it and let it boil for 5-10 minutes.
- Do not boil on high flame.
- Turn off the gas and let the mixture cool.
- After the mixture cools, strain and pour the oil in a glass container.
- Refrigerate the oil and use it within 7 days.
Different ways to use rosemary oil for different hair problems
- To stimulate fast hair growth you can combine rosemary oil with other essential oils such as lavender oil, almond oil, jojoba oil etc…
- To enhance the quality of your regular hair shampoo with rosemary oil you can add 4-5 drops of rosemary oil in handful of shampoo mix well and apply the same regularly. You can Increase the quantity in comparison to the shampoo.
- Using rosemary oil as a hair scrub or hair wash will also prove effective for healthy hair.
- Always make it a point to wash your scalp and hair with warm water after application of rosemary oil to avoid scalp irritations or itchiness.
How to use rosemary oil for Hair fall
If you are using rosemary oil especially for treating hair fall then you need to follow the following procedure.
- Take 5-6 drops of rosemary oil and massage it evenly on your scalp. You can also mix it with your preferred essential oil.
- Let the oil stay on your scalp for at least 10-15 minutes so it gets down into your hair roots and nourishes it.
- Rinse you hair with warm water if you have a sensitive or itchy scalp or just leave it unwashed.