Aloe Vera is truly a miracle plant and has so many different and varied applications due to the range of skin care and medicinal properties it offers. The gel of the aloe vera plant has been used for a number of skin issues such as discoloration, pigmentation, tanned skin, rashes and sunburns, premature ageing, dry skin, pimples/acne and acne scars or any dark spots on the skin.
Here are some of the best homemade face packs with aloe vera to help you get radiant, even and flawless skin. If you are using aloe plants, simply slice a leaf laterally, exposing the clear gel inside. Use a spoon to scrape it out and blitz in a mixer to get a ready-to-use gel. Alternately, you can also use any good quality store-bought pure aloe vera gel.
5 Aloe Vera face packs for an even, glowing complexion
Aloe Vera, Milk and Sandalwood powder mask for lightening skin tone
This is an amazing pack that can help in lightening the skin tone. With the high vitamin C content of Aloe Vera, it can help make your skin fairer, while the milk can help in moisturizing the skin and providing a glowing complexion. Sandalwood too is an Ayurvedic medicinal ingredient that helps in promoting a healthy, fair and glowing skin.
- In a small mixing bowl, make a paste with 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel, 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder and 2 tablespoons of cold milk and whisk till it is completely combined.
- Apply the pack on your face and neck region.
- Leave it on for around 20 minutes and wash off with cold water.
The pack is best suited to dry, normal or sensitive skin.
Aloe Vera gel, Lemon juice & Orange peel mask for tan removal
With the cooling properties of aloe vera which helps to soothe the skin and heal any redness, rashes and inflammation due to sunburn, this is an amazing pack for the summers. The orange peel and the lemon juice contain Vitamin C and citric acid that can help in removing tan, brightening the complexion, lightening any dark spots or patches on the skin caused from sun exposure.
- Blend together 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel, 2 tablespoon of lemon juice and the peel of one orange into a fine paste.
- Apply the pack to any area affected by the sun.
- Leave on for 15 minutes and wash off with cold water.
The pack is ideal for oily, dry, normal or acne prone skin.
Aloe Vera gel, Lemon juice & Tomato juice mask for spot treatment
This pack works wonders for removing any hyperpigmentation, dark spots, pimple marks or acne scars. The tomato juice offers amazing and powerful antioxidant properties due to the vitamin A and C content to even out the skin tone and reducing the appearance of acne scars. The lemon juice acts as a gentle bleaching agent and removes any marks, dark spots and also lightens the complexion.
- Combine 2tablespoons of tomato juice, a tablespoon of lemon juice and a tablespoon of aloe vera gel to form a smooth paste.
- Cleanse your face with a gentle cleanser and wash your face with some lukewarm water.
- Apply the pack on your skin, massaging it in.
- Let it sink in for about 25 minutes and wash off with cold water.
The mask is best suited for normal, oily and acne prone skin. Do not use on open sores.
Aloe Vera gel, Rose water & Ripe papaya mask for glowing skin
This is an amazing pack that can help you get glowing skin. The aloe vera gel is absorbed into the skin seamlessly and helps in repairing any damage to the skin to promote a healthy and radiant complexion. The papaya is added to reap the benefits of papain, an enzyme that can help promote skin lightening and glowing skin. Rose water too, is widely used for that beautiful rosy glow.
- Blend together a few pieces of ripe papaya, 2 tablespoons of rose water and 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel in a blender until no chunks remain.
- Take a small amount of the paste in your palms and massage all over your face and neck in upward motion.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes before rinsing with cold water and patting dry with a soft towel.
This mask is suitable for all skin types.
Aloe Vera gel, Fuller’s earth (Multani mitti) & Cucumber mask for even skin tone
This pack can help with hyperpigmented areas of the skin and helps restore a smoother, more even complexion. While the aloe vera and the cucumber lightens the areas of your skin that are pigmented, clarifies your skin and removes any excess oil, Fuller’s Earth(Multani mitti) is an amazing cleansing agent that helps restore an even complexion by removing pigmentation.
- In a blender, blend together a few peeled slices of cucumber.
- Add 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel to this mix and stir in 1 tbsp of fuller’s earth to form a paste.
- Apply on your face and leave it on for half an hour before washing your face with some cold water.
This is suitable for all skin types.