Rising levels of pollutants, sun damage and dust piles on our skin everyday and makes it seem tanned and dull. With the busy lives of today, we don’t really get to visit a spa regularly to take care of your skin. While most people tend to opt for popular cosmetic products, the truth is these are laden with a number of chemicals that can be harsh on the skin and strip it of essential moisture. While they often claim to contain natural ingredients, however, the process they use to refine it ends up removing all the nutrient present in them.
In fact, you don’t need to look too far to find something that can work wonders for your skin and help you regain a flawless and stunning complexion. Your kitchen is probably filled with a number of ingredients that offer essential nutrients and can help fix an array of skin woes including sun tanning and dull, lackluster complexion. One of the miracle workers in this context is the humble egg. The egg white is packed with nutrients that can help remove impurities from the skin and impart a healthy glow to the skin.
Why does it work?
Egg whites are a storehouse of nutrients and can offer a wide spectrum of benefits. These include:-
- Egg whites can remove any impurities and dead skin cells from the skin to reveal your hidden fairness.
- With a vast array of over 69 different types of proteins, egg whites can help heal the skin from within.
- It draws out any excess sebum and dead cell buildup which can lead to bumps and subsequent acne flare ups or infections.
- The enzyme lysozyme in eggs can prevent the growth of acne-causing bacteria.
- The Vitamin A content provides antioxidant benefits to keep signs of ageing at bay.
- Magnesium and riboflavin can help in tightening skin pores and removing dirt and impurities from the skin.
- The vitamins present in egg whites can help stimulate and enhance the production of collagen and elastin, the key component that makes the skin more elastic, thereby appear youthful for longer.
Using egg for tan removal? Top 3 DIY egg face masks for tan-free skin
Egg white and Orange juice mask
Orange juice and orange peel are some of the most commonly used ingredients for lightening the skin. Vitamin C is a natural bleaching agent and can help promote cellular regeneration to help lighten the skin tone. Adding a tablespoon of turmeric into the mask can also help provide the added benefits of curcumin which is an amazing ingredient that can provide a lot of cosmetic benefits like lightening the appearance of scars and treating a host of skin ailments.
- Beat the egg whites with the orange juice till you get a frothy mixture.
- Optionally, add in the spoon of turmeric powder and give it a good mix.
- Wash your face and pat dry.
- Apply a thin layer on your face and let dry.
- Wash off after 15 minutes with some cold water and follow up with a moisturizer of your choice.
Pro Tip: Lie down and refrain from smiling while doing this mask to prevent wrinkles from forming on your skin. You may also want to change into an old t-shirt to prevent the turmeric from staining your skin.
Yogurt, Avocado and Egg white face mask
Moisture is key to achieving a glowing and radiant skin. Due to a number of internal issues and environmental factors the protective layer on the skin is weakened allowing germs to invade into your skin leading to acne and infections. Yogurt can also prevent acne and dry skin issues. Lactic acid present in the yogurt can also help provide mild bleaching action to help lighten your complexion. Avocado is amazing at improving hydration and providing a range of antioxidants as well.
Mash the pulp of one avocado with a fork. Add in 1 egg white and a teaspoon of yogurt. Mix thoroughly and apply on the face. Leave on for 20 minutes and rinse off with water.
Lemon juice and Egg white mask
Mix 1 egg white with 2 teaspoons lemon juice. Apply on cleansed face and massage into your skin in circular motions. Let it dry and wash off after 15-20 minutes.