The harsh elements in the sun are harmful for the skin and hair. It can cause long term damage that becomes difficult to be repaired. Exposure of hair to the ultraviolet rays of the sun causes lack of moisture in the hair that can lead to split ends, frizzy hair, dull and dry hair.
Hair damaged due to the sun can be a little difficult but it is not impossible. There are some home remedies that help to keep the hair healthy, shiny and bouncy during summer. Here are a few remedies and one can chose the best that suits them. Continue with the sun damaged hair remedy that best suits you for about two months and the results will be visible.
Home remedies for sun damage on hair
- Apply aloe vera juice with some lemon juice on the hair. Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash it off.
- An easy and simple remedy for sun damaged hair is to apply mashed ripe banana with some honey on the hair. Wash after half an hour.
- Eggs are a good cure for damaged hair. Oily hare need to be treated with egg white only, dry hair with egg yolk and normal hair with the whole egg. Apply whipped egg on egg on hair and leave it for 15 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water. Some honey and olive oil can also be mixed with the egg to nourish the scalp.
- Rinse the hair with beer after shampooing to get the bounce and shine on the hair.
- Yogurt is the simplest home remedy for sun damaged hair. Apply yogurt to the scalp and leave it for 20 minutes before washing with lukewarm water.
- Apply raw milk into the hair and scalp with a ball of cotton soaked in it. Wash after an hour.
- Curry leaves are also a good remedy for sun damaged hair. Boil 10-12 curry leaves in coconut oil and leave it to cool. Rub the oil in the scalp and hair and wrap the head with a warm towel for minutes and then wash the hair.
- Fenugreek seed is one of the natural remedies for damaged hair. Make a paste of soaked and ground fenugreek seeds with yogurt. Add some honey and olive oil to it and apply on the head. Wrap it with a shower cap for an hour and then wash with a mild shampoo.
Natural packs and masks for damaged hair
- Strawberry and mayonnaise mask can be prepared by mashing 10 strawberries and making a paste with one spoon of mayonnaise. Apply this paste on the hair. Leave it on for 20 minutes before washing.
- Banana and coconut oil hair mask Mash 2 bananas and add one spoon each of honey, coconut oil and olive oil into it. Apply into the hair and leave it for 30 minutes. Rinse with warm water and slash cold at the end.
- Avocado mask Blend a banana and two spoon olive oil and massage into the roots of the hair. Shampoo normally after 30 minutes. Give the last rinse with apple cider vinegar mixed with cold water.
- Egg yolk and avocado hair mask Whisk avocado and egg into a creamy consistency. Massage it on the roots of damphair. Rinse and shampoo after 20 minutes.
- Gelatine hair pack Gelatine is rich in protein which is important for the cure of damaged dry hair due to sun. Mix aspoon of gelatine in a cup of water and stir it to melt. Add a spoon of vinegar and few drops of rosemary, lavender or lemon essential oil. Mix and apply on the scalp. Wash after 15 minutes with lukewarm water.
- Essential oils Dry hair caused by sun is caused by lack of moisture and sebum. Most essential oils have the capacity reduce dryness. These oils include rosemary, lavender,lemon,geranium, parsley leaf, rosewood, carrot,bay, chamomilesandalwood essential oils. Four dropsof any of these essential oils mixed with six spoons of carrier oil like coconut, wheat germ, castor, avocado or sesame oil makes a very efficient remedy for sun damaged hair. Heat this mixture of oils and rub on the scalp in circular motion with the fingertips. Leave it on overnight and shampoo the hair in the morning for best results.
The heat of sun during summer can be negatively effective to your hair. Along with your skin, your hair also has to be cared during the summers. Your hair can become dizzy, dry and pale due to the sun rays and the harmful rays that emits from the sunlight. But there are some many home remedies that create sun damage to hair. You also get cosmetic remedies from the beautician but getting the natural remedy will be the best. You can even cover up your hair in order to restrict the sun exposure on the roots and tips of hair. If you hair is already damaged, there are some damage control tips you can avail.
Home remedies for sun damage to hair
Strawberries hair pack
Yes this tasty fruit can be very effective to get your hair free from sun exposure damage. All you have to do is take handful of strawberries and mash it adequately. Now add some olive oil in it. Blend it again and apply all over your hair. Leave this for 30 minutes and wash away.
Hot oil treatment
Hot oil treatment is a wonderful remedy to eradicate damage hair. You can use the combination of natural oil such as olive oil, coconut oil, lavender oil and jojoba oil. Now combine all these oil together and heat the oil. Apply the oil over your scalp and massage it with the fingertips. Keep this for 2- 3 hours and shampoo it.
It is an effective remedy for damaged hair. You must come forward to avail this remedy and get free fro the sun damage. You need to take half cup of flat beer in a container and add a teaspoon of sunflower oil. Now break a raw egg in it. Mix all well and apply over your hair in an effective way. Use this remedy to remove the sun damage on your hair. You can also keep this mixture in a spray bottle and spray it all over your hair. Keep this for 30 minutes and then wash away with shampoo which is mild.