Are you having pimples or acne on scalp? Do you know how to get rid of scalp pimples quickly? What are the causes of pimples or acne or zits on scalp? Scalp pimples can be caused due to different reasons. Change in your lifestyle or hormonal changes in the body can be the reason for sudden breakout of pimples on the scalp. Dandruff can also be a cause of scalp pimple. If you have suddenly developed this condition checkout if you have added any new product in your hair care routine.
There are some active hair care products that might cause pimples on the scalp if it does not suit your skin type. In such situations the best remedy to get rid of the condition is to stop using that particular product. If you find nothing is working it might be caused due to hormonal changes, which can occur during puberty, pregnancy or menopause. In such cases consulting your doctor is surely the best way out.
Here are some more home remedies that can help you to get rid of scalp pimples if they are not caused as an allergic reaction to some product or due to hormonal changes in the body.
How to treat scalp pimples or scalp acne? How to get rid of annoying zits on scalp? A scalp pimple is an unpleasant skin condition which involves hair follicles to become inflamed. Pimples on scalp is a common problem lots of people are facing this problem now-a-days. They are affecting all kinds of age groups. These are hard to reach because they are buried under your hair. You will recognize them as small and itchy sensation. Actually there are two types of scalp pimples. They are severe and mild cases. In severe cases doctors prescribe patients to use steroids. For mild cases patients maintain some hygiene to solve the problem. We should use some home remedies for getting rid of them.
Precautions for hygienic hair, scalp pimples
- The best thing to start is applying proper hair hygiene. By taking care of hair hygiene you will shut down the inflammation of scalp pimples.
- By applying hypoallergenic shampoo to your hair. You will eliminate excessive oils and even stop more pimples of breaking out.
- To remove dirt and oil from hair in milder cases. You can apply Benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid to scalp for avoiding blocked pores.
- Prefer the foods that are rich in antioxidants that build your cell strength and fight against yeast and bacteria.
- Use right shampoo and moisturizer to keep your scalp clean. Stop using oily styling products.
Lets see simple home remedies to treat zits or pimples or acne on scalp. Best and essential ways for reducing and removing scalp acne.
Home remedies for scalp pimples
- How to reduce scalp pimples? Rub your scalp with fresh garlic around the pimples regularly. You observe change from day to day. This method is easy and simple to use.
- How to stop pimples or acne on scalp? Dip the cotton balls in salicylic acid and rub on pimples. It helps to dry the pimples and stops the acne problem.
- How to overcome the scalp pimples? Take one tablespoon of lavender oil, 4 tablespoons of tea tree oil, one tablespoon of olive oil. Mix them well.rub on your scalp using cotton balls. This method is used to overcome the scalp infections.
- How to get instant relief from scalp pimples? Make the juice of raw papaya along with skin and seeds. Apply on pimples using cotton. it provides instant relief without any scars.
- How to remove scalp acne or scalp pimples using home remedies? Take ripe tomatoes and cucumber pulp. Apply on scalp for an hour. It helps to get rid of acne on scalp. Wash your scalp after 20 min. you will observe a better change using this method.
- To get relief from acne on scalp, mix orange peel powder with water. Apply on and around the scalp pimples. It provides instant relief from acne pimples on scalp.
- Home remedies to treat scalp pimples or acne. Neem leaves and water for hair scalp pimples or acne. Take some fresh neem leaves and plain water. Boil them at a particular temperature. Wash your head with neem water when it is warm. You will get rid of itching sensation from scalp pimples.
- Milk and fresh lime juice to get rid of acne or pimples on scalp. Take a glass of boiled milk and fresh lime juice. Wash your scalp. This method helps to treat the acne cracked scalp pimples, reduces pain of acne.
- Lime juice and rose water to reduce scalp acne. Take 4 tablespoons of lime juice and few drops of rose water. Mix them well. Apply on scalp. Leave it for one hour. Wash off with luck warm water for instant relief from acne.
Curry leaves with neem and basil
Get rid of scalp acne or pimples. Curry leaves, neem and basil can be effectively used to reduce any scalp infection, irritation or pimple. Boil 15 curry leaves, 10 leaves of neem and 15 numbers of basil leaves in 2 cups of fresh and clean water, till the water gets half. Now strain the liquid and place it in the fridge to cool. Apply this solution to your scalp rigorously and leave on. You need not to wash your head after using the concoction. Use at least 2-3 times daily for a week to get results.
Mint leaves with aloe vera
How to treat scalp pimples with mint and aloe vera? Take 15 number of mint leaves; boil them in fresh water until the water gets half, and strain the liquid. Mix this concoction with freshly prepared 2-spoons of Aloe Vera pulp and apply the mixture onto your scalp. This home remedy will give your scalp a cool sensation and will also work on the pimples to reduce them. Use daily for 1 week.
Ginger juice is the best way to treat scalps pimples. Ginger juice has excellent anti-bacterial properties and it can cure the problem of scalp pimple quickly. Just grate some ginger after cleaning it well. Strain the juice and apply the juice to your scalp. Leave on for 30 minutes and wash off with fresh water. Use for 1 week on alternate days and see the result.
Baking soda for reducing pimples or acne on the scalp. Scalp pimple can be caused as a result of closing of the skin pores on the scalp due to buildup from different hair care products. In this case washing your scalp by rubbing baking soda onto the scalp and letting it set for 5 minutes before washing with water can be highly effective.
Fenugreek seeds is the best home remedy for treating itchy scalp or pimples on scalp. Fenugreek seeds can be effective to cure the problem of itchy scalp and pimple. Soak 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seed in clean water overnight. In the morning make a paste in the grinder. Now apply this paste directly onto your scalp leave for 30-40 minutes and wash off with water. Repeat the process everyday for a week to get rid of the condition.
Essential oil treatment
How to get rid of pimples or acne on scalp? Mix 8-10 drops of rosemary essential oil in 10-12 drops of evening primrose carrier oil. Apply this mixture on the scalp pimples. Rub in the oils lightly. Leave overnight and in the morning wash off with a mild cleaner. Both the oils have antibacterial and antifungal properties and can be excellent for curing scalp pimple quickly.
Nutmeg and milk for treating scalp pimples or acne
Make dust of a nutmeg and mix it with some milk to make a runny mixture. Now apply this onto your scalp and on the pimples. This mixture will give an instant cooling effect on the skin of the scalp and will cure the painful boils with regular use.
Apple Cider Vinegar for reducing scalp pimples or acne
How to use apple cider vinegar for reducing scalp pimples or acne? Apple cider vinegar fights scalp acne. If you are suffering from painful boils on your scalp this is another thing that can help you. Make a 50% solution of ACV by adding fresh water. Just rub in this solution to your scalp well. Leave for 15-20 minutes and wash off with plain water. It will restore the pH balance of your scalp and help in getting quick rid of the pimples.
Sour curd with honey
Sour curd and honey are the best home remedy to treat scalp acne or scalp pimples. If the pimples on your scalp are not caused due to hormonal changes or hygienic reasons, they can be effectively treated by a pack made from sour curd and honey. Sour curd has a load of good bacteria and it is actually nourishing for the scalp and the hairs. On the other hand, honey has natural moisturizing and antibacterial properties. Take 2 tablespoonful homemade sour curd and add 1 tablespoon of honey to it. Mix well and rub this mixture onto your scalp and leave it on as a pack for 30 minutes before washing off with a mild shampoo.
Onion juice for treating scalp pimples
Onion can be an effective remedy for removing acne on scalp. Onion is known for its selenium and sulfur content both of which can be very effective to kill any scalp infection and to promote better scalp health. So, if you are suffering from painful scalp pimples you can easily try out this easy available remedy. Crush a peeled onion and squeeze out the juice. Rub in this juice onto your scalp, concentrating on the area of the pimples. Let it set for 20 minutes and then wash off with a mild cleanser. You need to repeat this treatment once daily for at least a week to get any result.
Turmeric and neem leaves for treating scalp pimples
Remove or reduce scalp acne or pimples with turmeric and neem. Another unfailing home remedy for scalp pimples or any other type of scalp infection is turmeric and neem. Both these medicinal herbs are known for their antibacterial properties and their ability to soothe the skin. Collect 15-20 fresh neem leaves and fresh turmeric roots. Crush all these ingredients together and squeeze out the juice. Now, rub in this concoction on to your scalp and let it set for 15-20 minutes, but do not let it get dry. Wash off with plenty of water. You need to repeat this treatment everyday for at least a week.