[ Hindi version ]
Body heat can be produced due to variety of factors among which the environmental heat that surrounds your body plays an important role. Your body can get heat up during the summer season when you are mostly exposed to the scorching sunrays. Another factor of heating up of body is the food you are consuming. The spicy foods, alcohol, caffeine are some component which you must avoid as these are food which can heat up your body internally. Some illness or drugs can also be responsible for increasing heat inside your body. But, today you can get some effective ways that can easily control heat inside your body. Some natural herbs and home remedies play an important role in this process.
The normal body temperature of a human should be 36.9o C, with small variations which are acceptable. No matter what the external weather conditions are like, the internal body temperature is actually maintained for the regular functioning of the body. Just in case, a person’s body temperature falls too low or rises too high (which may be due to innumerable reasons), it can bring about damage to his/her internal organs leading to poor health and fitness. Read on to find out ways to avoid extreme body heat…
Reasons for Body Heat
- Wearing tight or artificial clothing may trap water and produce ineffective decrease in heat
- Illnesses for example fever as well as infections
- An increased activity on the thyroid which raises the metabolic activity by the body processes and causes production of excess heat
- Strenuous workout or physical exercise
- Medical conditions for example seizures and muscular disabilities
- Certain drugs or stimulants for example amphetamines, cocaine and so on
- Neurological disorders can bring about excessive body heat even when sleeping
- Others factors which will result in increasing body heat are psoriasis, systemic sclerosis, cystic fibrosis, and eczema ( as these diseases can affect the normal process of sweating).
- Excessive contact with the sun can also result in high body temperature
How to remove Heat from the Body
- Stay away from hot and spicy food items
- Avoid fatty and fried foods (junk/fast foods)
- Stay away from caffeine & alcohol
- Follow a low sodium diet regime
- Use Coconut or Olive herbal oil for cooking than using almond,sesame & corn oil
- Do not use nuts in your daily diet as they are known in increasing the body temperature rapidly. Try to have them 2-3 times a week
- Try to follow a vegetarian diet regime or reduce your usage of red meat.
Home remedies for reducing body heat
- Drink a glass of fresh pomegranate juice mixed with a few drops of almond oil, every morning.
- Take a basin of cool water and soak your feet in it. This will help in reducing excessive heat from the body
- Eat a handful of poppy seeds before you to go to sleep to get good rest and to maintain normal body temperature during night times. Remember that poppy seeds contains opiates and should not be consumed in large quantity nor should be given to children.
- An easy home remedy to relieve body heat, eat a spoonful of fenugreek seeds on a daily basis.
- Add a tablespoon of honey in cold milk and have it on a daily basis for fast and effective results.
- Mix sandalwood with water or cold milk and make it into a fine paste. Apply this paste in your forehead and cheat. This is a proven technique to reduce excessive body temperature and cool the skin instantly. You may also want to add few drops of rosewater to the paste for attaining greater results.
- Add 2 tablespoons of clarifies butter to a glass of milk and have it daily. However, if you’ve high cholesterol, you should avoid this remedy.
- Vegetables that are high in vitamin C and also fruits like orange and sweet lemon that contains citrus in it, are excellent foods to relieve body temperature.
Foods that helps in reducing body heat
One on the easiest ways to stay hydrated in addition to controlling the body heat is by eating the kind of foods that help reduce body temperature naturally. These include:
- Cardamom – In line with the ancient practice of Ayurveda, using cardamom is the best way to relieve body temperature naturally. You can add cardamom in your tea as well as add as a flavoring agent in sweets and savory dishes.
- Peaches – Excessive body heat affects skin and often ends in rashes in addition to skin soreness. Peaches are generally known for containing vitamins A new, B2 and potassium content, which are essential for maintaining healthy skin and body. Dried peaches also helps in regulating the amount of heat produced by the body.
- Apricot – Drink a glass of apricot juice mixed with honey to cool the body temperature and quench the thirst.
- Buttermilk – Drinking buttermilk in Summer helps in providing your body with required probiotics, minerals and vitamins that may be depleted on account of excessive sweat.
- Watermelon – Watermelon is that one fruit that contains almost 95% of water and aids in reducing body heat immediately.
- Coconut water – Re-hydrate your body with a glass of coconut water as it helps in naturally balancing out the electrolytes in addition to regulating the body temperature.
- Other foods to help reduce body heat include cucumbers, bananas, sugarcane liquid, barley, citrus fruit juices and organic teas for example mint & fennel green tea.
Please consult your doctor in case your body temperature doesn’t normalize even after following these remedies.
Honey dew melon
One of the effective fruits that help in reducing heat inside an individual’s body is named as honey dew melon. When summer approaches, getting honey dew melon in the market is quite easy. You can now easily consume it in the sliced form or extract juice from the same. During a hot summer day, you can feel fresh with the juice extracted from honey dew melon. Along with being an ingredient for body heat reduction, this honey dew melon also contains essential nutrients, vitamin B as well as iron. It will be healthier option during summer.
Related Read: Heat generating foods for this winter
Mint is used in variety of culinary to get a wonderful flavor and even in hot summer day, the juice extracted from mint helps in keeping your body cool. It has been proved as a cooling remedy for your body. In order to reduce body heat naturally, doctors also suggest consuming mint leaves in diet. You can also get acne free as well as glowing skin after regular consumption of mint in your diet.
During hot summer days, you can see the fruit sellers selling cucumber after peeling the skin so that it will be ready to eat for the travelers. People travelling for their work and any other reasons on a hot summer day will really need to stay cool and hydrated. The juicy fruit named as cucumber can bring back hydration to their body on a hot summer day and provide cooling effect to their body internally. You can easily reduce your body heat naturally if you can consume cucumber regularly.
During summer days heat strokes are quite common among people. Thus, it becomes important for people get their body cool internally so that chance of heat stroke is less. Radish is a vegetable which is rich in water and also have good source of vitamin C. The vegetable is also associated with antioxidant that helps in lowering body heat. This vegetable is also very effective in fighting heat stress.
Take a handful of fennel seeds overnight and strain water from it by filtering it. Drink the water from fennel seeds regularly every morning so that you can get your body heat reduced during the hot summer days. This seed is used in most of the Indian culinary to bring flavor out of dishes. Even if you consider it health wise, the seed is regarded to be one of the best means to lower your internal body heat.
Fenugreek seed has been used by our grandparents for lowering high blood pressure in a natural way. Even during the hot summer days, you can get wonderful remedy of unbearable heat through the Fenugreek seed. You can make powder out of such seed and consume it with meals to win over the summer heat or simply soak some solid fenugreek seeds and drink the water to stay away from summer heat.
Splash of water
Water is indeed the most basic and effective remedy to reduce underlying body heat. You need to drink adequate quantity of water every day in order to wash away heat produced inside your body. Also the oxidants present in your body are a way of increasing heat inside your body. Water is effective in washing away such body heat and keeping your cool and hydrated on a hot summer day. Not only drinking of water splashes of water repeatedly on your face and hands during the summer will give you relief from scorching sun rays.
Keep raw milk in a refrigerator and drink it with ice to reduce heat inside your body. You can also make a milk shake out of it with addition of flavor according to your wish. There are chocolate flavor, orange flavor as well as strawberry from which you can choose any one and make a tasty shake during the summer. You can also add some coffee powder with sugar to make cappuccino during the hot summer days. You can also mix cold water with 2 teaspoon of honey and drink early in the morning to stay away from heat production within the body.