Wrinkles between eyebrows can actually make you look much older than your age, but they are not essentially formed due to aging.
Appearance of wrinkles between the eyebrows, more commonly known as the “11” wrinkles, is a problem that can make appearance even in your mid 20 s.
Vertical wrinkles between the eyes at an early age are mainly caused due to overuse and contraction of the corrugator supercilii muscles during the regular course of the day for expressing and talking. Depending on their intensity, these wrinkles can be cured through cosmetic procedures or natural ways.
Use Satin sheets for your bed
It is very usual that whenever we sleep we have this habit of tossing and turning on bed. Now this initiates friction on our skin because of which the gentleness can dry out and cause more appearance of wrinkles. Satin Sheets are apparently very smooth and do not cause harsh friction for the skin to grow wrinkles.
Massage your face
Apart from doing a set of Exercises for your face it is equally good to give your face some massage which is a pinching massage by pulling the skin and holding it for 10 seconds to make it firm. Also, whenever you go for facial to salon ask the beautician or staff to do the massage for your forehead.
Yes, many a times it is because your eyes are taking a lot of strain to get things into vision because of which you squint and the frown lines appear. So, go for an eye check-up even if you already wear glasses may be then change in power of your glasses can be an issue.
Scrub your face twice a week so that all the dead skin cells get washed away and your skin will naturally glow after that. There will be rejuvenation of new skin cells because of which appearance of frown lines is likely to occur.
You can also start having a good quality multivitamin so that your skin remains hydrated and firm. The hydrating power will remove fatty acids as well as the wrinkles. Especially Multivitamins with Omega-3 fatty acids because they keep the skin plump and away from any sort of lines or wrinkles.
Quit bad habits
If you are an addicted smoker then it is better said that smoking causes too many Wrinkles too early for a skin.
So, either you can limit your smoking habit or it is better if you can completely quit it. If smoking is something you enjoy out of fun then stop it immediately and you will notice improving results of your skin.
Removing between eyebrow wrinkles through cosmetic processes
- Botox: This FDA approved and extensively used cosmetic treatment can be highly effective to offer long term results to erase the wrinkles between the eyebrows. Botox is considered as one of the best clinical treatments available for “11” wrinkles. It is also being used as a preventive therapy. To maintain the best results the treatment needs to be repeated after 3-6 months.
- Hyaluronic acid based dermal fillers: The highly sophisticated and advanced hyaluronic acid based dermal fillers, like Juvederm or Restylene can be injected into the area in order to offer a long term solution. Injecting hylaform gel into the affected area can also be effective to treat the problem clinically. The effects of these treatments are immediate and stay put for longer. They need to be repeated after 6-12 months. Dermal fillers can be ideal even for treating the deep set “11” wrinkles between the eyebrows.
- Laser treatment: Laser resurfacing can be an excellent procedure to remove the wrinkles between the eyebrows. Laser treatment smooths the etched lines and can be highly effective for fine wrinkles of the area. Laser resurfacing can also be used along with Botox to treat the deep set lines between the eyebrows effectively.
Removing wrinkles between the eyebrows in natural ways
The cosmetic procedures for removing between the eyebrow wrinkles are suggested only in case the lines have been etched due to aging or are not at all responsive through other treatments.
In every other case, you can not only improve the condition but remove these lines completely through minimal care. For this you need to implement some changes in your lifestyle and habit; and along with that you need to take some extra care for the skin of the affected area.
The lifestyle changes that you need to implement
Healthy eating filled with lots of leafy vegetables, fruits and adequate amount of protein is essential for the overall good health of your skin.
Drinking water in sufficient quantity at regular intervals can prevent dehydration of your skin, which is a primary cause of skin wrinkle formation. Other changes that you need to implement into your lifestyle for a wrinkle free skin is adequate sleep.
While sleeping, ensure that you do not rest your body in a posture that stresses the muscles of your forehead.
Wrinkles between the eyes are often caused due to excessive movement of the muscles of the place, so change your habit of straining the muscles of this place while talking or expressing yourself.
Always use a sunglass while stepping out in the sun, so that the skin of this area is not squeezed due to squinting of eyes.
Exercise for removing lines between the eyebrows
Doing some special exercises that involve the muscles of the wrinkled area between the eyebrows can be effective for removing these lines. One of the most popular exercises that is believed to have great effects in removing the wrinkles between the eyes is described in steps below
- Put the tip of the index fingers of both your hands at the middle of your forehead, at the top of your eyeballs
- Now press the fingers lightly and move them in circular motion
- Continue the process for 3-5 minutes each day
This exercise is believed to remove stress from the muscles of the place enabling it to relax.
In addition to that it increases the blood flow in the area thus reinvigorating the natural repairing mechanism of the skin. A visible improvement is expected to be noticed within 2 weeks of regular practice.
Skin care for removing between the eyebrow wrinkles
There is hardly any skin problem that cannot be treated with proper CTM routine. However, you need to pick the products that you use in this regime according to your particular concern to get the best results.
Dehydration is one of the major reasons of wrinkle formation. If you are suffering from the “11” wrinkles between your eyebrows it is essential that you pick a facial cleanser that is free of alcohol and other harmful chemicals.
Resorting to homemade oil based facial cleansers is best for removing the unwanted wrinkles. Some effective formulas include
- 5 drops of olive oil
- 5 drops of rose water
- Mix these two ingredients and apply the mixture on your face and on the wrinkled skin with the help of a cotton ball.
- Now simply wipe off your face with the help of a soft and clean piece of cotton, without rubbing too hard.
- Wash with plain water and pat dry.
- 1/2 spoon of fullers earth
- 2-3 drops of lemon
- Mix the above ingredients.
- Simply rub the mixture on your face with both the hands in light circular motion and wash off with plain water and pat dry.
When it comes to removing the between the eyebrow wrinkles toning the skin of the area properly is most important. You can provide the best toning effect for removing the wrinkles with the help of different homemade face packs.
Here are some homemade face pack formulas that can actually remove the furrow lines from between your eyebrows effectively.
Fruit pack to treat frown lines naturally
Fruits are filled with natural antioxidants and are able to provide great rejuvenating effect to the skin. By using the right fruits in the right way as a pack on the wrinkles you can easily get rid of them.
- 1/2 teaspoon of avocado pulp
- 1/2 spoon of mashed banana
- 1 small cube of ripe papaya
- Mix the above ingredients in a bowl and apply the mixture on the wrinkles.
- Leave it on for at least 30 minutes before washing it off with cold water and patting dry.
- Use the face pack daily to get visible improvements within a week.
Egg white with glycerin
The white of the egg includes 69 types of major proteins and have an extensive effect in tightening the skin tissues.
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon glycerin
- Separate the white of an egg and mix it with 1 teaspoon of glycerin.
- Now apply the mixture on your face with the help of a brush in upward direction.
- Leave it on till the pack gets completely dry.
- Then wet your face with moist cotton and finally wash off with cold water rubbing your face mildly with both the hands.
- This pack can be used everyday and shows results within a week.
Apple Cider Vinegar with honey for frown lines
Apple Cider Vinegar has the capacity to promote blood circulation thus rejuvenating the repairing process of the skin. It helps in maintaining the pH balance of skin and act as a natural toner.
- 1 teaspoon of ACV
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Mix the above ingredients and massage the mixture for 5 minutes on the skin of the affected area.
- Leave it on for another 20 minutes and then wash off with normal water before patting dry.
- You can repeat the process 3-4 times every week to get instant improvement in your between the eyebrow wrinkles.
You need to moisturize your skin in the best way in order to remove the furrow lines from between your eyebrows. The effective moisturizing that can remove these lines quickly include,
Anti-aging creams and serums
There are a number of anti-aging creams and serums available in the market. The ones from good brands come with a decent dose of retinol and vitamin E which can actually remove wrinkles quickly.
You can also buy dermatologist suggested anti-wrinkle creams for the purpose. Using these creams and serums religiously can remove between the eyes wrinkles effectively.
Essential oils for frown lines
Essential oils have the magical capacity of removing skin wrinkles without any side effects. These oils are highly effective and can be used in combination with a number of moisturizing oils to get an effective result within minimum time.
- 3-4 drops of Lavender oil
- 6-8 drops of olive oil
- Mix the above two oils, massage the mixture with light hands on the skin of the affected area.
- Continue messaging for 5 minutes and then leave it untouched.
- Use this potion at least an hour before going to the bed.
- Remove the excess oil by dabbing a clean piece of cotton with light hands before you land in band.
- In the morning wash off with plain water, without using any soap or face wash.
- This treatment is very effective and can show visible results within a few days.
Some more home remedies for removing furrow lines
Aloe vera and honey pack for removing furrow lines effectively
Aloe Vera is high in Vitamin E content which can be very helpful to fight the wrinkles on the skin. Honey on the other hand works as a great moisturizer and toner for nourishing the skin.
- 1 tablespoon Aloe Vera
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Collect 1 spoon of Aloe Vera pulp and add 1 spoon of honey to it.
- Mix the two well and apply this mixture on the affected area in a thin layer.
- Once the pack seems to dry a bit, apply another layer and continue the layering for around 3-4 times.
- Then let it set for another 10-15 minutes and finally remove with a wet cotton ball and wash off with normal water.
- It is best if you can take this treatment twice a day.
Egg white and onion juice for erasing lines between the eyebrows
This pack is surely going to smell awful, but once you see the results you will know that all the pain is worth.
- 2 tablespoons egg white
- 1 tablespoon onion juice
- Mix 2 spoons of the white of an egg with 1 spoon of freshly prepared onion juice.
- Apply this runny pack onto the affected area in layers.
- You should use at least 3-4 layers of the pack to cover the area.
- Leave on for 15 minutes or until it gets fully dry and then remove with a wet cotton ball.
- Wash off with water.
- Take this treatment daily for the best results.
Nutmeg, milk and kesar pack for erasing furrow lines
This is another effective wrinkle removing treatment that can erase your furrow lines unless they are already deep set.
- 1 tablespoon raw milk
- 1/2 tablespoon nutmeg
- Soak a few strands of kesar in 1 spoon of raw milk.
- Now add 1/2 spoon of fine nutmeg powder to this milk and mix well.
- Apply the resulting mixture onto the affected area.
- Continue adding more layers after one layer gets dry.
- Finally let it stand for 10 minutes and then remove with a wet piece of cotton.
- Follow the treatment regularly.
The most common cause of wrinkles between the eyebrows is repeated facial expressions such as frowning or squinting.
Using a moisturizer, applying sunscreen, and using anti-wrinkle creams or serums can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles between the eyebrows.
Botox injections, dermal fillers, laser resurfacing, microneedling, and chemical peels are all treatments that can be used to reduce wrinkles between the eyebrows.
Regularly using a moisturizer and sunscreen, and reducing facial expressions that can cause wrinkles can help prevent wrinkles between the eyebrows.
The best skincare routine to reduce wrinkles between eyebrows is to use products containing retinol, antioxidants, and hydrating ingredients.