Here I would like to share 14 super foods to detox and cleanse your body. Basically, we eat food to get energy and get our day-to-day tasks done.
Why do we need to cleanse our systems is because, if the sewage in our street blocks we can’t even stand the stinky smell and call help for maintenance. This is what happens to our digestive track – it gets congested and blocked with undigested foods that change into toxins and bacteria overtime leading to skin allergies, overweight, under weight, and other health issues.
Maintenance is must once in a week or month at least to drag out all the overloaded waste products of digestion build in the digestive track. Consider these Top 14 super foods to cleanse your body – eliminate stale food by products out of your digestive pipes and you will see your body respond well.
I personally use Triphala on a daily basis – it’s a rescue for me on a daily basis without any side effects. Triphala – rich in vitamin C, bioflavonoid, and phospholipids has laxative properties that promote elimination of toxins, apart from keeping your body physically, mentally and emotionally in balance. You get Triphala readily available in Ayurvedic stores in powder form and tablets.
How to use:
- Mix 2 teaspoons of Triphala in a glass of warm water and add 2 teaspoons of honey
- Drink it before going to bed or drink in the morning on empty stomach
- Many say they don’t get to see any results – but the trick here is – don’t eventually end up eating your breakfast as soon as you drink Triphala. Right way is waiting for at least an hour to let the Triphala components wet, soak – lubricate – and enhance downward energy – takes time. After taking Triphala wait for 30 minutes and drink 2-3 glasses of warm water to flush out the toxins at a go through urine and stool. You will see your body responding to Triphala. The more the elimination the more healthy you will be. Add more extra 2 teaspoons of Triphala i.e. make to 4 spoons mixed with 2 spoons of honey.
- Use Triphala tablets if you cannot take the taste of Triphala. 2 tablets work well at night/morning empty stomach.
Wondering how sea salt would detox the body. The natural minerals present in the sea salt – not the regular iodized table salt. I use Himalayan sea salt from catch brand.
Sea Salt is a faster acting detoxification flushing out the bacteria and parasites off the gut – working in just few minutes. Prefer using Himalayan pink salt
- Boil a glass of water and add a pinch of sea salt + half lemon.
- Have loads of water later throughout the day to keep hydrated.
- Sea water detox is preferred to do in the mornings / evenings
- Do it for 3 day in a row and a month gap for the next flush
- Go green with coriander leaves/celery to have a deeper cleanse from deep at lymph, blood and fat cells. Have a few sprigs of coriander sprinkled onto your curry or buttermilk.
- To the freshly brewed green tea + add few coriander leaves + honey + lemon.
Ginger is a magical herb that leashes out the bad and helps in effective weight management.
Ginger tea: boil a cup water + add some grated ginger + strain + add some honey
- Use ginger + garlic paste in your everyday curries to get most out of Ginger and Garlic sisters
Fruits are a natural blessing that we have packed with loads of good fiber + nutrients; Smoothies are the new detox foods that evolutes to be revolutionary.
Choose your base for the smoothie ranging from coconut water, lemon juice, oranges, milk or just warm water helps – to this add – any greens spinach, bottle gourd, beets, carrots, cucumber, cabbage or any fruits/veggie, so you get a variety of health benefits in one.
- 1 large piece Watermelon + 1 teaspoon lemon juice + few mint sprigs + juice it + drink
- Add tulsi, ginger and basil to your regular fruit drinks for the magic detox
Lemons are everywhere; but our brains are triggered to find foods that are very costly or rare to cure our bodily problems. Lemons help in alkaline your blood from excess acidity by converting toxins into a water-soluble forms. It’s a everyday food you need to give to your body.
- Squeeze 1 whole lemon to glass of warm water and 1 teaspoon honey
Try incorporating lemon your daily routine and see the detox benefits it does.
Apple Beet and Carrot is one of the classic fiber rich + blood purifying + a lot more to add – the best detox juice to have for ultimate results.
- 1 apple + 1 carrot + a slice of beet + 1 lemon + 1 tsp honey
- More beneficial if you have them as is in salad form
It’s been in news since a while, but look for some great tasting drinks for detoxification. Aloe Vera is basically an all rounder it does a lot good for your body to treat constipation, skin allergies and many acute/chronic diseases.
- 1 small cube Aloe Vera pulp + 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Add aloe vera to your favorite fruit juice if it is hard to down the glass
Flax seeds are one of the most powerful natural laxatives – the high fiber content acts like a sweep to flush off toxins.
- 1 tsp Flaxseed powder + 1 glass water. Drink this mix in the morning empty stomach or 30 min before you go to bed.
- Ground the Flaxseeds into powder and store it in a container to sprinkle in on to your daily curries, yogurt and salads.
We all know the nutritional benefits of having sprouts – the living baby plants you grow out of lentils and beans – they double the nutritional value. Sprouts have been in use since ancient times – one of the extremely powerful foods in healing and detoxing the disease causing dreadful impurities from our guts.
Are you wondering spices could help you flush out badies out! Yes, it does with the right mix, right use and right consistency. Spices work at the cellular level in making your gut a healthy zone.
My favorite of all spices is in and out the best handy spice available in every Indian kitchen. This detox turmeric drink is advised to take at nights before going to bed to see the results in no time.
- Warm a glass full of cow’s milk (preferred)
- Add a teaspoon of turmeric and get to boil
- Honey and pinch of black pepper is optional
Cow’s ghee for detox??
Yes, it’s the Ghee the most powerful of all the detox foods that works crazy to help lubricate the digestive system making the undigested food to slide off the digestive track.
- A spoon full of cow’s ghee in a glass of warm cow’s milk – 30 minutes before bed
- Spoonful on to your hot rice or roti works
My besty!! You can make use of Yogurt everyday in the form of buttermilk i.e. mixing equal amounts of water to the yogurt add a pinch of salt + hint of pepper + few coriander sprigs. Post lunch this fermented drink reduces inflammation and helps soften the tissues thus eliminating bad bacteria off your gut.
Having warm drinks or water can make your gut happy all day. This spice tea works magical in cleansing your system from the roots.
- Boil the water + add pinch turmeric + grated ginger+ coriander seeds + fennel seeds + a slice of lemon for 10 minutes. Strain the tea and enjoy the sips.
One or the other of this 14 best and powerful detox foods will surely rescue your digestive track from the badies!! Share good!!!