Some warning signs for child eye sight
For an infant
You must find out watering eyes or droopy eyes in your infant. The family history of glaucoma or cataract can be a sign to keep a close at your child’s eyes. Make sure they are not blinking more than normal. Take the child to an ophthalmologist who can check the child’s eye for any neurological issues with the child’s eyes.
For a toddler
Keep a look out for crossed eye or lazy fixation of the eyes. Note if the child is able to follow the moving objects. Make a note if you see some purposeless eye movements. You must check with moving objects to find if they are able to follow the movement or get confused with them. Excessive eye discharge or intolerance of normal light will be a problem and you must take the toddler to the doctor for checkup if this happens.
For school children
If the school children are unable to see the board or are squinting while watching television, then you must take a notice. If they hold the copies or books closer than normal, then you must find out about their eyesight. Sitting closer to televisions or falling down at nights are also indication of their eyesight not being normal. They may also lose interest in surrounding or stop reading books. These conditions must not be overlooked.
Tips for eye care in childhood
1. Diet: A usual balanced diet comprising of red and green leafy vegetables like spinach, carrots, beetroot and yellow fruits encompassing mango and papaya which are wealthy in carotene (A forerunner of Vitamin A) should be made for the progeny.
2. TV Viewing: TV should be observed at a proper viewing expanse of 3.5 meter or more in a well lighted room.
3. Computer Usage: the child should be boosted to use it judiciously in order to decrease eye fatigue. Computer screen should be somewhat lower than the eye level. This permits entire blinking thereby decreasing symptoms of dryness and eye fatigue. This child should attentively blink his/her eyes and give rest to the eyes at intervals.
4. Playing sport on the wireless: telephones should be restricted because of the less form component and the resolution.
5. Lighting: One should have a light source behind while revising. Books should be held at about 14 inches expanse.
6. If the progeny takes active part in communicate sports, then shielding eye wear is suggested.
7. Protective goggles are also recommended while bathing; they avert inflation due to chlorine and reduce the dangers of eye diseases.
8. Allergic Conjunctivitis is often glimpsed in school age, young kids should be discouraged from wiping their eyes since it aggravates the allergic process, In supplement, due vigilance has to be paid to eye hygiene. young kids should not feel their eyes with soiled hands
9. Certain practices of submission of Kajal to newboms and washing eyes with rosewater should be disappointed.
10. Disappoint the use of playthings with sharp and pointed brim for infants and toddlers as they can unintentionally get hurt.
11. Reduce of gaming on electronic devices: Make sure that they do not spend hours on gaming devices. Videos or pictures viewing also is a part of this viewing and must be controlled.
12. Proper breaks: The children should take breaks from reading, computer work or other work related to eyesight. They also should grow habit to sprinkle water in their tired eyes.
13. Looking at distant objects: They can practice looking at objects far away during their break. This increases the power of eyes.
14. Playing outdoor games: The children should play more games out of doors so they get proper exercise and reduce pressure on visual power. This will also ensure physical fitness.
15. They must study in rooms that are lit properly. Never allow them to read or work on computer in dimly lit rooms.
16. Holding the books away: They should hold the books 40 cm away from their eyes. This is a good practice and adds less strain to the eyes.
17. The monitor of gaming devices or computer should also be placed away. The screen should be 50cm away from the eyes.
18. Adequate sleeping and proper rest of eyes are a must.
19. Take them for regular checkup to the ophthalmologist so that minor problems are taken into notice soon.