When you want to lose weight, you want the difference to reflect on all parts of your body. Losing tummy is the quickest and is apt for times when you need to look thinner with less time. Tummy fat sheds down first and is then followed by thigh, hand and face. Making your tummy look thinner is simply going to add the initial push towards losing weight in an over all, and when you start seeing the difference, you will stay highly motivated to continue. In this article, we will stress on some yoga posture you can follow to get a flat tummy. Always remember that yoga is comparatively longer to work but it doesn’t build up fat again.
Tree pose (Vriksasana)
The tree pose is usually followed to make your body feel rejuvenated. It stretches your legs, arms and back. It strikes a balance between your body and mind, and it also improves your level of focus. This posture will not just help your reduce tummy, but will also relieve from cases of sciatica. Add some more strength to body and feel content.
- Stand straight on the floor or on the yoga mat.
- Now shift weight on the left leg.
- Draw the right knee to the chest and then grab ankle,
- Press bottom of your right foot onto left thigh.
- You might feel wobbly, so it is better to keep your hand on the ankle while the thigh is pressed.
- If you can balance well, then you can lift up your hands and place them high above. Join the hands and hold the posture.
- Your abdominal will be tight to the spine and you have to make sure that you can breathe well.
- Choose a focal point which you would concentrate and gaze at.
- Take 10 breaths and then switch the leg.
Chair pose (Uthkatasana)
This posture directly adds pressure to the stomach and strengthens the muscles towards the lower back. This vigorously exercises muscles, hips and chest. This posture needs proper concentration and balance. It is also known to improve the level of concentration with time.
- Stand straight on the mat and join your hands.
- Slowly, start bending at knee and make sure your thighs are parallel to the ground. This posture will make you feel like you are sitting on an invisible chair.
- Now, raise your hands above the head, while they are still joined together. You could also follow it separately, but having it joined will provide better balance.
- Now bend your torso forward and breathe well.
- Come back to the initial position after you can have stayed as long as possible.
- Try to sink deeper if you body manages to hold on.
- You should keep breathing normally.
- Straighten your knees while you get out of the posture and place your hands down to the chest.
Boat pose (Naukasana)
This boat pose literally tones up your tummy and creates healthier abs! It is also followed to strengthen the muscles at the back and abdomen. Help your legs and arms tone up and make your body feel lighter post yoga!
- Take your yoga mat and lay straight.
- Keep feet together and arms beside.
- Start inhaling and lift your chest while you exhale.
- Lift your feet simultaneously and place it off the ground.
- Keep arms straight and fingers outstretched.
- You need to be careful that you eyes, toes and fingers are all aligned.
- This yoga will strain your muscles at the tummy and contract the muscles as well. Hold the pose for about 5-10 breaths.
- To retrieve back to the initial position, you have to slowly come back to the start.
Warrior III (Virabhadrasana)
The warrior pose is known to add strength to the ankles, back and shoulders. It adds an extra bit of toning to the abdomen which helps you make your tummy flatter. This pose is also advised for increase in concentration and retention. This posture makes your body more flexible and adds energy.
- Shift weight to the right foot.
- Hug left shin to your chest and then extend it straight back.
- Flex the left foot and point toes down.
- Bring fingertips down to the ground and make yourself feel stabilized.
- Reach arm out and in front, so that your body is aligned from the fingertips. It will go all the way down to the back and out through left heel.
- Take 3 deep breaths at the time and then come back to the starting position.
- Repeat the yoga on the other side.
Camel hinge (Utrasana)
This is quite a benefiting pose because it comes with numerous advantages. This pose will not just aggravate the reduction of fat from the tummy, but it will work the thighs too. This pose strengthens and stretches the hips, along with the back and the shoulders. This is also known to improve digestion and respiration. This relieves you from lower back ache and makes the arms and things stronger. With regular practice, you will notice that your body is more flexible and toned.
- Kneel on your floor and place hip-width apart.
- Make sure your toes are tucked under.
- Now extend arms straight in front of chest and place palms down.
- Lift the chest and press pelvis forward.
- Slowly start hinging at the back and arch through the lower portion.
- Pause for a while and focus as you chest opens up.
- Keep rib-cage down and drawn belly button into the spine.
- Get back to the initial posture
- Repeat it 10 times.