It is not an issue to grow extra fat on the sides of chest, which is also known as man breast or man boobs. Getting man boobs is pretty natural as it is caused due to weight gain or some other factors. If you have gained extra fat around your chest then it is very important to consult a doctor, if the excess tissues on your chest region are a result of weight gain or mild gynecomastia. Gynecomastia is a common endocrine system disorder, which is a non cancerous increase in the size of the male breast. Around 70% adolescent boys experience breast enlargement during puberty. There are ways to get rid of it by sculpting the muscles around your chest. Make some changes in your daily diet and add some exercises to your daily schedule to get a toned chest muscle.
Consume healthy meals
The food you consume every day serves your body with required amount of vitamins, proteins, calcium, carbohydrate, etc. But the same food also adds up fat and huge amount of calories to your body. Here are few steps which would help you control the calorie consumption and follow a healthy diet.
- Cut off 5500 to 1000 calories from your daily diet. This is very important when you are working on weight loss issues. But do go below 1200 calories a day as it may affect your health.
- Consume more of vegetables, leafy food preparations, fruits, lean meat, whole grain, fish, eggs and fresh dairy products.
Avoid junk food
Well junk foods may seem to be pretty yummy and mouthwatering but they harm you the most. Junk foods come along with a high level of calories and fat which can cause serious damage to your health.
- Avoid starchy foods made of refined carbohydrates like pasta, baked goods, white bread and rice.
- Save yourself from foods containing high content of sugar. If you see conditions including dextrose, sucrose, maltose, corn syrup, try and shun the product.
Hydrate your body
If are following a strict and healthy diet then it is important to maintain a hydrated body. Drink enough water to keep your body away from dehydration. It is recommended to consume at least 4 litres of water daily.
- Keep away from elevated calorie beverages like soda, tea, specialty coffees, plain coffee, and alcohol. As an alternative, prefer non-calorie beverages like diet soda, black coffee, juice cocktails, and sparkling water.
Build your chest muscles
Along with a strict a diet, some regular exercises are required too. The strength training exercises basically help strengthen the core muscles of your body, including the chest muscles. Regular workout also helps in speeding up the metabolism rate and burn the excess fat stored in your body.
- Perform 3 sets of dips for chest with 15 repetitions each.
Pushups are an effective way to strengthen the core muscles and get a toned chest muscle. It targets your chest muscles, the minor muscles which sculpts the cuts on your chest, the abdominal muscle and back muscles.
- Take the plank posture for doing pushups.
- By keeping your arms in a straight line and your hands a little wider than your shoulders.
- Bow at your elbows as you lower your body until your chest touches the floor. Try semi-plank or knee pushups if you are incapable to do pushups in plank posture.
- Try to get a hold of your chest, groin and chin in a straight line as your body touches the ground.
- Add on pushup variations such as military pushups, archer pushups and chest squeeze pushups to give your chest better muscular form.
Pressing can be of any form and any amount of weight right up from your chest, which can help you to strengthen your chest muscles. Varying from, lying presses to chest presses and bench presses to inclined presses, these exercises can actually help you to get rid of your excess fat stored in the chest area.
- Lay down on your back on a bench with a pair of dumbbells or a bar carrying weight to perform chest presses.
- Clasp the weight around your lower ribs, bow your elbows, and press up until your arms are in a straight position.
- Hold the position at the top for 3 seconds and then slowly lower your arms back to the initial position.
- Begin with suitable weight according to your capability and gradually increase to more weight.
- Carry out 3 sets of such presses with 5 repetitions each.
- You can also try different forms of presses such as neck bench presses, incline or decline presses, squeeze presses, dumbbells and close grip bench presses.
Cardiovascular exercises are a must for any kind of weight loss treatment. There are a variety of cardiovascular training procedures which are very easy to execute and very much effective in case of calorie loss.
- At least 100 minutes of restrained cardiovascular activity on alternative days or 60 minutes of dynamic workout every day is required.
- Seek for at least 30 minutes each of any two type of cardiovascular exercise daily to reduce excess fat.
- Prefer workouts that test your body and your capacity to perform.
- Prefer activities like swimming, walking, rowing, jogging or running, cycling or biking.
- You can also workout by using machines such as stair trainer, or rowing machine and elliptical.
Get sufficient rest
Giving your body the required amount of rest is very important. As you need exercise and healthy diet to control the fat, so do you need sufficient rest for being active. Giving rest to your body helps in proper blood circulation, relaxation of the muscles, etc.
- Take at least one full day off from your daily schedule to let your body relax. Giving sufficient time to relax helps in muscle building and recovery.
- Aim for at least 8-9 hours of sleep on an average every night. Take a 30 minute power nap if you’re exhausted at some point of the day.