Watermelon is known as the super cool fruit in summers. It consists of 93% percent water and loads of vitamins. It also has amazing qualities that can do wonders on the skin. Watermelons are rich in antioxidants which help to prevent ageing of the skin.They are also considered as natural toners and good for exfoliating the skin. They prevent the skin from sun damage, moisturize the skin and provide a fresh and youthful look.
[ Hindi version ]
Watermelon is a seasonal fruit that is relished by everyone. As summer is banging the doorway, you have to make your skin ready to fight sun tan and sweat. Having watermelon juice not only holds you hydrated but also assists in getting a radiant skin.
Watermelon is one of the fruits that boasts of both hydrating the skin and leaving it with a natural youthful look. You can either apply watermelon on your face or include the juicy fruit crop in your daily diet to stay healthy and look beautiful. If you desire to know some of the skin benefits of watermelon then read on…
Women are too much inclined towards the natural ingredients for skin and beauty care. Water melon is one among such fruits that work well in health care and beauty care. You must have felt really refreshing after having a slice of water melon or a juice extracted from ripe water melon during a hot summer day.
But you might not be aware that the skin care benefit of watermelon is hot topic. The cosmetic manufacturing companies have been using the water melon extracts to make variety of creams and cosmetics. Even the face wash can be used with the extract of water melon.
Skin benefits of watermelon: Skin benefits of red watermelon
A natural toner: This is one of the well known skin benefits of watermelon. This juicy red fruits is a natural astringent that changes the appearance of the skin. You can either massage your skin with watermelon slice or blend it with honey to get best outcomes. Add hazelnut powder to the juice extract and treat oily skin routinely with this remedy. You can furthermore use watermelon juice extract on your face and neck to keep it hydrated.
Stops aging: Watermelon is a rich source of lycopene, Vitamin C and A. Free radicals in the body can lead to fine lines, wrinkles and age spots. These antioxidants decrease free radicals from the body and stops all signs of skin aging. You can apply watermelon on your skin and consume the fruit daily to get best results.
Hydrates the skin: Watermelon is a juicy fruit that keeps the body and skin hydrated. If you have a dry skin, you can apply watermelon with honey to keep it moisturized and hydrated. Dehydration can lead to dry and dull face. So, including this juicy red fruit in your diet will help you remain refreshed and rejuvenated.
Reduces oil from skin: Watermelon is a rich source of Vitamin A. This Vitamin decreases the size of the skin pores and minimizes excessive oil secretion from the sebaceous glands.
Revitalizes the skin: This is another skin advantage of watermelons. Applying watermelon juice extract on the face rejuvenates and revitalizes the boring skin.
Therapies acne: Massaging the skin with watermelon juice every day is a natural remedy to therapy acne. If you are prone to acne and pimples, use watermelon to benefit your skin.
These are couple of skin and beauty benefits of watermelon. You can easily get the fruit this time of the year. So, include it in your diet and skin regime. You can simply dab a cotton ball in watermelon juice extract and apply it on the face after cleansing it. Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash with cold water. If you desire to make a face cream using watermelon juice, just add honey or yogurt to it and apply it on the face and neck.
Beauty benefits of watermelon skin care
- Lighten skin—Eating of watermelon will keep the skin hydrated and help it to be more muscular. Drinking watermelon juice in summer will give a healthy glowing skin
- Acne can be treated with watermelon juice and pulp of banana mixed together to form a paste. This helps to reduce skin inflammation, and keeps the skin firm and healthy. It is also considered an oil moisturizer that provides water to keep the skin moist.
- Clean your face— a slice of watermelon can be used as a cleanser by rubbing the face with refrigerated slice of watermelon. It helps to clean pores from dust which make the skin dull.
- Pure leather—Watermelon helps to brighten the dull and dirty look of the face caused by dust, pollution and exposure to Ultra violet rays.
- Skin can be kept free of blisters and plumps by applying cut watermelon slices every night or after spending hours in the sun.Crushed fresh watermelonisa topical treatment of wounds, cracked lips and skin rashes.
- Anti-aging skin—the carotene content in watermelon helps to prevent fine lines and wrinkles. Mix watermelon juice and butter and apply it on the skin to prevent signs of sagging skin.
- Exfoliation with watermelon–The acid in watermelon helps to exfoliate the skin. Mix watermelon juice and gram flour and apply it on the face. Leave for 15 minutes and then rinse.This pack helps to take away dead cells,prevent aging and makes the skin appear more radiant and youthful.
- Regain a fresh look by using frozen watermelon pieces.Simply rub watermelon and mint leaves frozen into ice cubes all over the face. This opens the pores makes the skin look fresh.
- A glowing skin can be achieved by mixing watermelon juice and yogurt and applying it on the face and neck. Leave it for 10 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
- Watermelons are full of antioxidants which help to prevent radical damage and so fights with the signs of aging like wrinkles and fine lines. Make a paste watermelon juice and mashed avocado and apply this mask on the face. Leave it for 20 minutes and then wash it off with warm water.It is a powerful anti-ageing mask during summer.
- Skin tan can be removed by applying watermelon juice with cotton pads on the tan areas.Equal portions of watermelon and cucumber pulp mask can also be prepared to remove sun tan.
Skin benefits of watermelon seeds
- Watermelon seeds are good for the skin as well as for the health they provide a glowing and healthy skin. Watermelon seeds contain unsaturated fatty acids, which are essential to keep the skin toned, moisturized and hydrated. They also help in preventing acne and a number of other skin disorders.
- The antioxidants present in watermelon seeds help in reducing the signs of ageing. It is beneficial to just to have a handful of watermelon seeds every week.
- The oil extracted from watermelon seeds is excellent for the skin.It is light in texture and does not clog the pores in the skin. It can be used to moisturize and hydrate the skin.
- Pimples and acne can be treated by applying watermelon seed oil. It also helps to unclog the pores. It can be easily used for all types of skin–oily, dry, maturing skin or prone to acnes.
- The extract of watermelon seeds is excellent for preventing the moisture from escaping from the skin and maintaining the elasticity of the skin.
- Certain skin cancers and skin infections can also be avoided by watermelon seeds.
Benefits of watermelon
These days’ people are too much concerned about their signs of aging. Due to the excessive pollution and adulteration in food people are looking older than their actual age. But with the help of water melon, you will be able to wash away the marks of aging. The wrinkles and fine lines will go away. You need to squeeze the water melon juice and apply it over your face. Keep it for some time and wash it away.
Most of the people have excessive oil over their skin layer. This combines with the carbon present in the outside environment and gives rise to dirt and blackish layer. You need to remove this excess oil from the face also around the nose and forehead. For this you need to take water melon juice in a small container and dip cotton ball. And apply it over your face and squeeze the residue in watermelon juice. Soon you can see the juice changes its color and your face becomes white.
Limits sun exposure
Since you need to go out of the house for working, it is obvious that sunlight would fall on your skin. This will invariably damage your skin. Also the tan layer over your skin will be visible. But if you can use the watermelon for this remedy, staying away from the harmful effects of sun will be quite easy. It is important to apply the water melon juice over your face so that harmful radiation and black color of skin will be removed.
Watermelon is not just a summer treat but also a great skin saver for almost any skin condition from sun damage to blemishes. It hydrates, moisturizes, repairs and protects the skin from damage.
[ Hindi version ]