The practice of using the tea tree oil started in Australia, by the native aborigines to treat cuts, burns, boils and as an antiseptic for thousands of years. The oil is derived from the distillation of the leaves of the “Tea tree”. Tea tree oil has gained popularity for its varied and beneficial uses for hair and skin care. There are several ways in which tea tree oil can be used as a part of health and beauty regime.
People are using tea tree oil for variety of skin care and beauty factors. Even for your hair health, this tea tree oil is invariably used. This natural oil has antioxidant and antibacterial properties which will help regaining the hair growth. Even if you have dryness of your hair and skin, this can be easily resolved with the naturally obtained tea tree oil. You might need to add some other homemade natural ingredients to get perfect skin and hair care remedy with tea tree oil. But, the quality of the tea tree oil will be worth mentioning.
Tea tree oil has always been miraculous and a beauty secret in the life of many pretty women. You cannot be devoid of this great remedy, and surely get a complete healing and beneficial oil to use. In 2006, the world has consumed more than 3.5 billion gallons of oil per day, a lot of environmental conflicts took place, but there was one oil which was Eco-friendly, sustainable, and healthy that is tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is usually very clear to page golden colour with a mild camphor scent. This oil is antimicrobial and antibacterial which surely makes it one safe and effective cleaning for your home and body. Moreover, it has been found great against several fungal infections and lices. Benefits are great and researches are digging out more advantages of this magical oil. This oil is made from tea tree leaves in Australia, it is effective due to the content of terpenoids in it.
1. For cleaning skin and spot checking blemishes: Only rare people are fortunate enough to have that clear and blemish free skin. But those who are associated with outburst of blemishes and other skin issues, tea tree oil is the cure. It is great over skin, and a few drops of oil on cotton ball swabbed over the trouble spot are can give you drastic results. It is safer on the skin other than those harsh chemicals and alcohol.
2. Get rid of pink eye: It”s not an issue we face very often, but somewhere it is expected. Do not worry tea tree oil is there to save your day. Steep a tea tree bag in some hot water and let it cool for sometime, after it is cooled to a reasonable temperature for your skin, place the green tea bag infused with tea tree oil on your closed eyelid to get the immediate calm and relief.
3. Razor burn and ingrown hairs: It is great remedy to be applied on razor burns and ingrown hairs. Razor burns are highly irritable and sometimes painful, and if they become infected, it is downright painful. After shaving, gently pat some tea tree oil over the infected area with a cotton ball to get immediate relief. If its used to the bikini line, this method is highly safe.
4. Anti-septic to heal cuts and burns: Tea tree oil is widely used over cuts, burns and infections. Tea tree oil is best suited as it helps in best healing and easily available. Using a cotton ball or swab, apply tea tree oil gently over the cuts to get cured and to aid the healing process. For ingrown hair, it is best to apply tree oil with water.
5. A complete health remedy: It is used to treat acne, blisters and treats sinus infection. It is great to remove dandruff from the scalp and aids in vanishing lices from hair. A small amount of tea tree oil added in water helps in getting persistent body odor. For aromatherapy, it is used to treat cold, persistent coughs, acne, toothaches, and sunburns. Tea tree oil has myriad uses around the home as a natural cleaner and can be used in aromatherapy and other health pursuits. A proper consultation from doctor is essential before using the same for medical purposes. After that go ahead and enjoy the tremendous benefits.
Tea tree oil benefits for skin
- Tea tree oil is a savior for people suffering from dark spots, pimples and blemishes. It can be used by applying it on the affected areas with a cotton ball or use face washes and gels containing tea tree oil. It helps in keeping the skin healthy.
- A few drops of tea tree essential oil on a piece of cotton when applies on razor burns provide a soothing sensation to the skin. Ingrown hair can also be handled with tea tree oil mixed with water.
- Tea tree oil can be used as an effective remedy to cure athlete’s foot and fungal nail infection. It also has antiseptic properties that can be used to treat cuts, wounds, burns, boils and other skin disorders. Boil tea tree essential with water and apply on the affected areas to get instant relief.It immediately soothes the skin and reduces redness and itching.
- Acne can also be treated by applying tea tree oil and water. It is a natural alternative cure to treat acne without any negative side effects like reddening and peeling of skin.Tea tree oil is found to be an excellent skin treatment especially for oily and acne prone skin.
- Tea tree oil can be a good cure for corns, warts, wounds and ringworm. Undiluted oil can be applied on the warts. They will disappear themselves. This oil can also be used for healing wounds and cuts.
- Tea tree oil is a good cure for dry skin.Mix 5 spoons of tea tree oil to one spoon of almond oil and massage it gently on the skin.Leave it on for some time and then take a normal bath.It will leave the skin feeling soft, supple and glowing.
- Tea tree oil also has few medicinal uses. It soothes the burns and heals cuts naturally. It also helps to relieve the itchiness of rashes and soothe insect bites. A few drops of this oil added to the water for bath helps to get rid of many skin related allergies by killing fungus and bacteria.
Tea tree oil benefits for hair
- It has been found that tea tree oil encourages hair growth. It helps in unclogging hair follicles and nourishes the roots. Massage the scalp regularly with few drops of tea tree oil and any other carrier oil. It will give a refreshing and tingling feeling on the scalp.
- Tea tree oil helps to fight dandruff and lice. Mix a few drops of tea tree oil in the shampoo and wash the hair regularly with it. This oil has been used as a great dandruff cure for ages.
- Tea tree oil is very good for dry scalp. It moisturizes the scalp and hair properly. It also clears all blockages in the pores. Massage tea tree oil and jojoba oil into the scalp for 15 minutes. Keep it for and before washing.
- The properties and natural ingredients found in tea tree oil help to cure bacterial and viral infections on the scalp which is often the cause of scalp irritation.
- Tea tree oil is found to be very effective in preventing hair fall. It helps to restore all the replenished nutrients from the hair.
Tea tree oil benefits for health
- Tea tree oil helps in strengthening the immune system of the body, which may become weak by stress, illness, consumption of antibiotics and other medicines. It is also helpful in treating respiratory problems like common cold, cough, asthma and bronchitis. The anti-viral properties of tea tree oil helps to cure chicken pox, cold sores, and measles.
- Tea tree oil is helpful in reducing the reddening of the eyes due to conjunctivitis. Boil green tea bags in water and add a few drops of tea tree essential oil. Cool and place it on the eyes and keep for 20 minutes. This will provide instant relief to your eyes.
- Tea tree oil can be used for most oral problems like bad breath, plague, inflamed gums and gingivitis. It kills the bacteria in the mouth and reduces the pain and irritation due to its anti-bacterial properties.
Skin care benefits of tea tree oil
Removal of free radicals
Free radicals are one of the ultimate sources of all diseases. When you want to get rid of such free radicals all you have to do is apply the tea tree oil over your face and skin equally so that it covers all portions. Then you need to slowly massage your skin. Do it in a circular motion such that your facial skin will not sag as you age. It will stay intact and solid for a long time. This massage will penetrate the skin and get inside the body. It will work inside and remove free radicals.
Fights dental problem
Teeth is an important part of your body that will define whether you are beautiful or not. Yes, whenever you smile or laugh, your teeth is visible. If the yellow or black spots over the teeth is seen, that would be a prestige issue for most of us. Thus, it is important to go ahead with some dental problem removal. You can take tea tree oil in a container and go ahead with the oil pulling with the tea tree oil. This will help keeping yoir teeth healthy.
Treats dull hair
If you feel your hair is becoming too much dull, you must would like to consult with expert first. But today with the help of tea tree oil you can massage your hair and scalp. Tie it up for sometime and then wash away with the help of simple oil. This will remove dullness of your hair.