Dry skin can not only take place only during the winter climate, rather the dry wind during the summer also gives rise to dry skin. Lack of moisture in the air makes the climate dry which also impacts people staying in the particular region. People with dry skin type faces a great problem during the dry weather conditions as their skin becomes excessively dry.
There are varieties of moisturizers on the market that can remove the dry skin tone and give a confined look. The natural homemade moisturizers are really effective to treat such conditions as they are rich in all types of nutritious elements. The freshness of cucumber and the scrubbing element in oatmeal will make your skin smooth by removing the dead skin layer.
You must be thinking about the day long summer camp with your friends. Fun and thrill in various summer activities will be a part of the climate. If the wind blows to make your skin dry and dull, there are ways to treat such skin conditions. The goodness with the summer season is again backed with negative affect.
The sunrays become very irritating during the summer. The home remedies are always available to treat the dry skin tone. Online E-commerce websites are present to provide a wide range of summer face packs. But most of the people prefer adopting the home remedies.
There are four types of skin– oily, dry, and normal and combination. Summer season requires a different type of care for different types.
Dry Skin lacks oil and has the tendency towards dehydration. It lacks elasticity and is sensitive to the sun, wind and cold temperatures. Skin care should be done according to the weather. The sunlight, pollution, dusts and dirt in the summer season leads to further dehydration of the dry skin. It can cause cracks and a burning sensation when exposed to excess ultraviolet rays.
How to manage dry skin?
It is a challenging task to manage dry skin in the summer. There is no permanent cure for dry skin. It can be kept soft and smooth temporarily with certain remedies. Dry skin can be managed to a certain extent by applying night creams containing hydroxyl acids. A healthy diet consisting of Vitamins A, E, and B will help in making the skin glow. Leafy vegetables, fruits and other fluids help in reviving the lost moisture of the skin and also in softening the skin. A daily massage with herbal oils and the use of mild soaps works wonders on dry skin.
Homemade face packs for dry in summer
Aloe vera and cucumber face pack
Scrape out fresh aloe vera gel from the leaf. Grate a cucumber and mix the pulp with the aloe vera gel. Apply this pack on the dry skin face and let it stay for half an hour before you wash it off. Keep this procedure on for 4 times a week to get naturally hydrated skin.
Cocoa face pack
Mix together half tablespoon of cocoa powder with half tablespoon of honey, one teaspoon of oatmeal and 2 spoons of coconut milk. Apply this paste on your face and leave it on till it dries. Wash off the face gently with water. Do this once a week to get fresh and soft skin. Antioxidant rich cocoa takes away your dryness and dullness and gives you naturally moisturized skin.
Orange and oatmeal pack
Mix together two tablespoons of orange juice and two tablespoons of oatmeal. This pack should be applied for 15 minutes on your face every week. The skin toning properties of orange juice balances the pH levels of the skin and secretes natural oil. It also repairs damaged skin and the vitamin C content also reverses skin aging by increasing collagen production in the skin. The oatmeal helps to moisturize the skin.
Mint face pack to get rid of dry skin
In order to make this face pack, you need to get a hand full of fresh mint, a pinch of turmeric and Luke warm water. You need to get the mint leaves in a grinder and add some warm water over it. Make a paste out of it and add a pinch of turmeric over it. After making a paste, apply the same over your face covering all portions of your skin. This needs to be kept for 15 minutes and remove it with cold water. This will give you a cooling effect and your dry skin will be repaired.
Almond oil to prevent dry skin in summer
If your skin has become dry, oil massage will provide a moisturizing effect. All you have to do is take two spoons of almond over a glass bowl and dip a cotton ball over it. Rub your entire face and hands where you can feel the dry skin. You can also apply your fingers and massage your face in a circular motion, such that the oil gets inside the skin and creates a moisturizing effect over the skin. This is one of the simplest and great treatments for dry skin.
Lentil and soya pack for glowing skin
This might sound little odd as very few people have known the treatment procedure of soya with lentil for the dry skin tone. But those who have used it have recommended it. To create this face pack, you require soya bean of around 50 grams, raw milk and almond oil. First of all you have to soak soya bean over night in water. After you get up in the morning, remove the peels of soya bean and make a paste out of it. Now add 5-6 drops of almond oil and a little warm water to make a paste. Apply this wonderful pack over your face during the summers when your skin becomes dry.
Tomato and honey for moisturizing
The juicy tomato has moisturizing element and is really good as during the hot summer days you need to get exposed to the sunlight, which in turn can give rise to tan layer over your skin. Honey has long been known to have moisturizing properties. Mix the pulp of half tomato with one spoon of honey and apply it over your face and neck. This has to be kept for 20 minutes and then remove it with lukewarm water.
Sugar with cucumber face pack in summer
People keep on consuming cucumber during the summer as this will give you a very fresh feel along with its juicy content. But today, this can also be applied over the skin tone to remove its dry feeling especially during summer. You need to peel and grate half the cucumber and grind it. Now put a spoon of sugar over it. Mix them and apply on your skin rubbing slowly as the sugar granules will work like a scrubber. The scrubbing will help removing the dead skin layer and the freshness of the cucumber will make your skin soothing during hot summer days.
Milk face pack to get clear moisturized fairer skin
Take two spoons of raw milk in a small glass bowl and dip a cotton ball over it. Slowly take it out and apply over your face. If you want to clean your skin you need to apply the milk with a cotton ball and squeeze the dirt over the milk untouched. Carry on with the process till the container of milk becomes dark and changes color no more. This will provide you great moisturizing effect during your summer days when your skin has become dry.
Face pack with banana in summer
In order to make a banana face pack the ingredients that you would require include 2 spoons of lemon juice, half of banana and milk cream. First of all you need to mash the banana and add 2 spoons of lemon and a single spoon milk cream in it. Apply they had so formed pack over your face in such a way such that it covers all parts. Once 10 minutes are over you need to wash it away with the lukewarm water.
Lemon juice and egg white to get soft skin
You need to break one egg and separate the yolk portion of the white one. Take the egg white in a small container and add 2 spoons of lemon juice in it. Apply this over your skin to get a mesmerized view during the hot summer days when your skin becomes too dry. This pack should be kept for 20 minutes.
Water melon face pack to get glowing skin
You need to get the juice of a watermelon of quantity 2 spoons, a spoon of milk powder, 2 spoons of cucumber juice and a spoon of yogurt. Mix them all and apply over your face. Keep this for 20 minutes and wash it away with water.
Simply milk pack to get beautiful skin
It is a very simple and effective face pack for dry skin. All you have to do is take a cup of cow milk and apply it with the cotton cloth over your face. Rub it and drop it in the milk. Slowly you can see the white color milk becomes black. This will wash away the dirt from your skin and make your skin moistures. You must apply milk on your face and keep for 20 minutes. Thereafter remove it with water and see how beautiful you look.
Shea butter for extra nourishing skin
You must have seen the shea butter extract is incorporated in many of the beauty products. But have you ever used it in an original form. But, you can use this shea butter face pack on your skin to get a wonderful skin. You need to take a spoon of fresh shea butter and combine it with the same quantity of honey. Mix them well and apply on your face. Keep this for 10 minutes and wash away.
Strawberry and lemon to prevent dry skin
Strawberry too has a wonderful remedy once applied over the skin to getting fresh and nourished skin. If your skin has become dry during the dry season of summer, strawberry face pack works well. You need to take a handful of strawberries and mask it appropriately. Now add half a lemon in it. Mix both the ingredients and apply over the face. You can actually get wonderful skin with well nourished toned.
Face packs for dry skin in the summer
- Face packs made of fruits that are rich in vitamins and water has a beneficial effect on the dry skin. Papaya, peach, and banana are some of the fruits that can be used in preparing packs. Face packs prepared with seasonal fruits mixed with other ingredients leave the skin smooth, glowing and fresh. Watermelon is the summer fruit which is full of juice and water.
- Watermelon mashed and rubbed on the face cools down the skin and revives back the lost moisture. Dried watermelon with some flour makes an excellent scrub to clean the skin.
- The papaya face pack has anti-aging properties and helps in removing dead cells. It is famous for balancing the moisture content of the dry skin.
- Gram flour or besan is best as a cleansing agent and works on all the skin. Dry skin can modify the pack by using besan with full cream, honey and turmeric. The e face pack will maintain the moisture levels and remove the dryness of the skin.
- The yogurt Face Pack can be prepared by making a paste of yogurt and honey. This pack revives the dull skin and hydrates the dry skin. It serves like a natural bleach of the skin.
- Yogurt retains the moisture in the skin and revives dull skin. It also acts as a natural bleach. Honey moisturizes and softens skin naturally.
- The sandalwood Face Pack is ideal to cool down the skin. A paste made with sandalwood powder and rose water works wonders on the dry skin in the summer.
- Oats and cucumber face pack helps in soothing and healing the dry skin and also tones the skin
- Almonds and rose water makes a royal face pack for the dry skin in the summer. Almonds contain the vitamin E oil that helps in getting rid of dryness of the skin.
- Avocado is a super fruit for all skin and health issues. Most of the people use this pack in winter to protect the skin care. Avocado is the richest source of vitamin E. It helps in skin moisturizing properties.
- Mint and rose water face pack – Add 4 tbsp of rose water and crushed handful of fresh mint leaves and mix them well. Apply this on face and neck. Let it dry for 30 minutes and wash with cool water. This results you the best hydrating summer face pack for all skin types. Menthol in the mint gives a cooling sensation when applied to the skin. Rose water consists of the antiseptic properties that relieve sun burned and itching skin.
- Pulpy mango and milk hydrating face pack – King of fruits is the mango. Take a ripe mango and milk for preparing this face pack. Add a few mango pieces into mixer and fresh thick milk. Grind until it becomes a smooth paste. Apply this to face using thick brush. Allow it to stay for 30 minutes and then wash off with cold water. This pack is ideal for sensitive and dry skin. Vitamins that contained in the mango will keep the skin hydrated and prevents from wrinkles.