Consuming the real essences of fruits and vegetables are always beneficial for our health. The rawest form is the purest to provide the nutrition that we obtain. In this article, we will go through the benefits of cucumber with accordance with losing weight. We will follow it up with a 14 day challenge, which can help you reduce up to 7 kg within this span of time. Cucumber slices comes with good nutritional benefits like vitamins C and K and they further ease weight loss process. There are recipes to make your diet better rather than consuming them plain. Let us go through the benefits and the tips to reduce.
Benefits of cucumber for losing weight
Adding low calorie items like cucumber helps your diet and makes you reduce weight faster. Cucumbers have really low calories, so you can consume as many times you want, throughout the day. One cup of sliced cucumber will only have about 14 calories. This is 1% of the amount of calorie your body needs in a day. Thus, the process of choosing and sticking to cucumber diet is quite weight loss-friendly. Having large portions of cucumber will not let you cross the amount of calorie you ought to consume, and also keep your stomach full. A medium-sized peeled cucumber has about 24 calories while an unpeeled one would have about 45. It also becomes a low energy density food due to this reason and thus triggers the weight loss process.
Nutritional benefits of cucumber
There are more to the nutritional benefits which simply keeps doubling up along with your steady weight loss process. Thus, these are add-on which you get while you also reduce weight.
- Consuming ½ of an unpeeled cucumber gives you about 1/3rd of vitamin K which is an important nutrient for blood clot.
- ½ of an unpeeled cucumber will provide about get 7 percent of the daily amount of vitamin C that you need. This is an antioxidant which supports the collagen production and makes your bone, skin and hair roots stronger.
- Cucumber is inclusive of several phytonutrients and these compounds provide antioxidants too. They are known to help anti-diabetic benefits and prevent constipation.
All these benefits add on to the weight loss process and nourish your body. Follow the cucumber diet for losing some weight and to detox your body. This is towards a healthy lifestyle but needs to be backed up by healthier eating and exercising.
How to lose weight with cucumber?
There is a 14 day challenge which has to be followed with regular exercising. If you can take it up and follow it properly, you will reduce 4 to 7 kilos for sure. This is perfect for times when you need to reduce for a special event coming up. Although, it cannot be continued for long, because the process can make your body weak. Once you start feeling lighter and you have attained your targeted goal for the time being, make sure you shift to a proper diet and exercise regime. Don’t forget to add cucumbers in the next diet you choose, after you have got significant results from this!
Products which can be consumed along with cucumber, during the diet
- 300 grams of fresh and seasonal fruit. Make sure you choose fruits like plums and apples which have lower calorie compared to others.
- 3 slices of whole wheat bread along with 2 boiled or baked potatoes
- 150 grams of tuna which should not be fried, 2 boiled eggs or 15 grams of grilled white meat. Alternate the items so that you get a variety in your diet, and you don’t get bored either!
- Tea and coffee can be consumed, but no added sugar. Strictly stop consuming soda-based drinks and alcohol.
Meals for the day
- Breakfast: have one plate of cucumber salad and 2 hard-boiled eggs.
- Between breakfast and lunch: consume 1 big apple, 5 plums or 1 peach.
- Lunch: consume whole wheat bread which is toasted and accompany it with 1 cucumber salad.
- Between lunch and dinner: make yourself a tasty cucumber shake.
- Dinner: consume a fruit salad of 300 grams.
You are allowed to eat cucumber if and when you feel hungry between the meals. This can also be replaced by a bottle of water which fills up the stomach and adds to the detox process.
- You need 400 grams of cucumber
- Followed by 200 ml of sour milk/yogurt
- Fresh onion
Peel the cucumber and then chop in small pieces. Add salt to the pieces and mix well. Now add sour milk/yogurt to the pieces and mix. Finally, add the freshly chopped onions and your salad is ready!
- You need a fresh apple
- Handful of spinach
- 1 fresh cucumber
- 20 g of almonds and walnuts
Add the apple, unpeeled cucumber and spinach and blend in a mixer. Add some fresh ginger slices to taste and blend again. Add the shake to glass and then add some crushed almonds and walnuts on top. It is important to drink it as soon as it is prepared, because delaying consumption can reduce the healing properties. This delicious shake has vitamins of K, B, A, V, C and minerals like magnesium, calcium, fiber, iron, etc.
Finally, it is important to note that, the best of this diet is only going to be fruitful when you add vigorous exercise to it! Hop, skin and jump, practice yoga at home, or simply hit the gym if you take this up for a long term process. You will feel much better at the end of the 14 day challenge and you will want more of it after that!