Scars and marks are something that we hate on our skin, but if you have got one and it does not seem to go any time soon, the best option you are left with is to hide it.
Scars on your legs can draw you back from donning some pretty styles and they can actually make your otherwise beautiful legs look doleful. The good news is that, if you have scars on your legs, it is not necessary to opt for cosmetic surgery to erase them completely.
In order to erase leg scars quickly you can use a medicated cream or some effective home remedies and in the span when the scars are still there you can simply cover them up with a minimum extra attention. You can do them up nicely with makeup and also without makeup.
Through the processes mentioned here in you can actually cover them in the most perfect way and no one will be able to notice that you actually have scars on your legs. Let’s start with the no makeup ways
Covering scars on legs without makeup
If you have scars on your legs and you want to cover them without using makeup because you are in hurry or you are running out of your concealer, go for any of the following according to the position of the scars
- You can always opt for full -legged jeans and trousers to hide any scars on your legs. If the scars are present in the upper part of the legs, you can also opt for capris and other pants that will keep the scars covered.
- Skirts are also a great option to go with in such cases. You can also opt for a salwar suit or any other dress that covers the scarred skin on your legs fully.
- The other option is to wear a thin underclothing on your legs before you wear a leg revealing dress. This can cover up the scars easily and effectively without making it appear that you had to hide something.
The other way of covering leg scars without makeup is to use some accessories that will hide the scar intelligently.
- If you have scars at the lower part of your legs, that is, under the knees, you can simply opt for a long legged boot. They will look great on you and will also hide the scars.
- Thick leather anklets can also be used for hiding scars on your legs, but it becomes useful only if you have a tiny scar or a bunch of scars in the particular area were you can put on the anklet.
Covering scars on legs with makeup
Covering scars on your legs is possible with the right makeup. You need not to go to a professional makeup artist to cover up the scars on your legs, you can do it all by yourself just by putting in some more time. The best thing here is that you even need not to go purchasing for any extra makeup products to hide the scars on your legs.
Obviously you can spend for buying some dedicated makeups for body, but the ones you use for your face will also do it nicely, just follow the steps
- Clean the skin over and around the scar thoroughly with a cleanser
- Now exfoliate the legs, including the area of the scar with a exfoliator
- In the next step apply a moisturizer to your legs particularly concentrating on the skin on the scars
- If you are going out in sun, make sure to use a sunscreen along with the moisturizer
- After you have moisturized the skin over and around the scar properly, let the moisture sip in for 10 minutes
- Now take a waterproof concealer. The trick of applying the concealer correctly lies in picking the right shade of concealer. Normally, the skin color of our legs is lighter than our face, or it can be the other way round as well. You need to pick a concealer that is one shade lighter/darker than the shade of the skin of your legs. In case, the scar appears whitish compared to the skin color of the leg you need to opt for a one shade darker concealer; and if the scar has a blackish appearance you need to use a one shade lighter concealer. Also keep in mind when you are picking a concealer for covering a scar, go for a complete and heavy concealer not a light-coverage one.
- Apply the concealer on the scars with the help of your fingers or the brush provided with the concealer and dab it in on the scars instead of rubbing it like a cream or foundation. Opting for a liquid or cream concealer is also better than the stick concealers as they can start caking if used in higher quantity.
- Once you are done with the concealer, and still there is something more to hide; use your foundation on it. You can also apply a mousse depending on what you have at hand.
- Finally, dust in your face powder on and around the scars with the help of a brush. This will help the whole makeup to appear natural and will also set it in.
- You can also use a bronzer on your whole leg, after covering the scars to give your legs an enhanced appearance and hide the scars and the makeup completely.
The above mentioned ways can be actually effective to hide the scar but they will not remove the scar or help it to lighten over time.
Here are some home remedies that can be used for lightening any type of scar on the skin over time. You can use these treatments religiously to get rid of any unwanted marks on your legs.
Home remedies for erasing scars on the legs
Sandalwood and green coconut water pack for scar removal from legs
Sandalwood is an ideal skin soothing agent and it has the ability to lighten any kind of scar on the skin when used religiously over time. Green coconut water also has amazing scar lightening abilities.
- 1 tablespoon green coconut water
- Take 1 spoon of green coconut water and use this water for rubbing the sandalwood stick on the sandstone to make the sandalwood paste.
- Now simply apply this paste onto the scar in excess and leave on.
- You need not to wash it off; the sandalwood will be removed automatically as the pack will get dry.
- Try to keep the pack wet for as long as possible.
Aloe vera and egg yolk for scar removal from legs
Another effective pack for removal of scars from legs can be made by mixing Aloe Vera pulp with the yolk of an egg.
Aloe Vera moisturizes and nourishes the skin helping the natural regenerative mechanism of the skin while the egg yolk being filled in Vitamin A helps in natural skin exfoliation, which can be very helpful for removal of any type of scar from the skin.
- 1 tablespoon Aloe Vera
- Take the yolk of an egg, whip it and add 1 spoon of freshly collected Aloe Vera pulp to it.
- Mix the two ingredients well and apply to the scars on the leg.
- Let it set for 30 minutes and then wash off with water.