Many girls, ladies and super moms out there suffer menstrual imbalances that make you frustrate. I have outlined few easy what to do and what not to during menstruation will definitely help you challenge the 5 day period cycle with more comfort.
Unfortunately, some girls have to face cramps on a monthly basis. Do not fix them by taking over-the counter pills as your body gets addicted to the drugs.
- Try heating pad or a hot water bottle over the parts that ache for relief
- Do not exercise during periods
- A small walk works or just warm up yoga for 15 min kick starts your day
- Proper rest is just enough!! Probably, it’s time to take enough rest
Menstrual hygiene is one of the most essentials you have to take-care for a comfortable every day during periods.
- Don’t wear same undergarments or used clothes during periods as they may cause odor overtime.
- Use washed under wears to avoid odors that go a long way pulling your confidence down while travelling in a bus/metro.
- Try wearing cotton fabrics for its sweat soaking and air circulating properties.
- Change your panty and pad both before going to bed to avoid irritation.
- Carry a handy sanitizer to wash your hands on the go.
- Your body may turn up stinky like fish when you bleed. So use a good smelling body mist or deodorant every time you step out.
Fall in love with showers
- Long hot water showers can be very refreshing and relaxing especially before going to bed.
- Don’t wash your genital area with too hot water as the humid may help bacteria grow in the region and further complicates the situation.
- Never clean your vagina using your fingers. Nature has everything perfectly set for us, vagina self cleanses and flushes out all of the blood clots and mucus contaminants all itself.
- Pouring Plain water/ cold water on your genitals and area between your legs should give you relief.
- Pat dry; don’t rub the genital area with towel as it can scrape’s your skin and cause irritation and rashes.
- Do not use powder or ointments on your genital area as it disrupts PH balance and lead to infections.
- All day on the go be it household chores or working for an organization; Women today have become multifaceted. Choose from different menstrual essentials available in the market ranging from tampons, disposable sanitary pads, re-usable pads and the latest menstrual cups.
- Try using disposable sanitary pads to office or when you step outdoors.
- Use re-usable sanitary pads at home.
Mother earth is choking
- Let’s together protect mother earth from the trouble we women contribute dumping millions of sanitary pads every year which are non-degradable causing mother earth to choke.
- Try to get re-usable pads from online and use them at nights/indoors and contribute a little part yourself to the revolution.
- Menstrual cups have become revolutionary, made of silicone it can be directly inserted into the vagina to collect the menstrual fluid and dispose it in a sink. They are re-usable after a wash.
Get a whole body massage done to help your body circulate enough blood to all the parts. Get rid of that ache targeted on one part. Most of them complain pain in thighs, buttocks, back or headaches.
- Choose oil that suits your body type with a dash of essential oils to help calm your hormones you feel strong and pain-free.
- If time restricts rub on to foot sole or part that aches. Go high, lift your mood.
Liquids and food
- Add a drop of lemon oil to warm water + a teaspoon of honey to eliminate toxins.
- Drink loads of juices, herbal teas and fresh water to compensate for the blood loss and dehydration.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Drink warm water throughout the day.
- Eat warm foods.
Keep track of your cycle
There are hundreds of apps available online. Download one to keep track of your menstruation cycle for some reason. It would help you remind of your upcoming period or may help you diagnose many diseases. If you are planning a baby you should keep track of your monthly cycle.
Hope this helps…forget not the use-able pads!! Go green!!