In the Western countries, summer is the season of outdoor activities, family vacations and swimming and spending time tanning on beaches. But with excessive exposure to sun there are some inevitable skin problems that can become hindrances in the enjoyment s in summer.The harsh summer tans the skin and causes the pores to get clogged because of excessive sweating along with grime and dust.
Summer skin problems
- It is wise to take special care of the skin during the summer season to prevent and avoid certain skin problems which may be caused by different reasons.
- Rashes are red spots that develop on the skin with exposure to the skin.
- Certain medications for hypertension, inflammation and contraception react with sun and create a photo sensitivity condition of the skin which includes burning and rashes
- Prickly Heat develops with excessive sweating in the body. In this condition the sweat glands get blocked and rashes take place.
- Dermatitis- is a reaction of the sun on the skin because of the presence of certain chemicals under the skin. These chemicals can be present in some cosmetics or perfumes
- Rashes can also occur during the summer season with pollen from certain plants.
- Insect bites are most common during the summer season. Some of these bites can develop severe skin infections.
Home remedies for skin care in summer
Home remedy for sunburn
Due to the direct contact with UV sunrays, you may find red patches and inflammation on your skin. To solve this problem, you have to make a solution with baking soda and water, and apply it to your skin. However, you should also drink fruit juices every day. Those, who have dry skin, can avoid the use of soap since it increases the dryness. Honey or Aloe Vera gel also makes your skin smoother. You may treat the skin with these ingredients.
Drying and thickening skin
The intense sunraysmay trigger the aging process of your skin. They make your skin drier and thicker. With the regular use of sunscreen, you can prevent it. However, you may also use fresh, cold cream for rejuvenation of the skin cells. After the cream gets soaked into your skin, you have to rinse it off using water.
Sandalwood and curd
Sandalwood powder and curd are the best ingredients to cure the tanning issues. Apply this paste on your skin, and wash it after 10 minutes. However, you may also add lime juice and tomato sap to get the desired result. For dry skinned people, you have to blend these juices with sandalwood.
Let your skin breathe rightly
The skin cells should get a chance of breathing properly. Smooth circulation is always essential to make your skin look healthier. You may also wear breathable outfits. The tight-fitted clothes can block the circulation, and that’s why you can choose the loose ones.
Use the best natural toner
You can prepare this toner at your home. Buy high-quality oil, containing Vitamin E. take rose water and camphor to blend them properly. Then, add the oil to it.The solution that you get works as a very effective toner. To nourish and soften your skin, this toner is always important.
Home remedies for skin care
- Tomato removes tan, dark spots and blemishes from the skin in a gentle manner. It even outs the rough skin and makes the skin bright and glowing. It is the best ingredient for damage to the skin by over exposure to the sun.
- Cucumber works wonders in hydrating, cooling, toning and removing tan from the skin.
- Watermelon is the favourite fruit of summer and it makes one feel refreshed. It also helps in removing blemishes and tans.
- Coconut Water keeps the body temperature cool from inside and is amazing for the complexion.
- Buttermilk isbest to apply on the skin for preventing blemishes, and removing tan to get a glowing skin. A cup of buttermilk added to bath water gives ultimate freshness to the skin.
Methods to get glowing skin in summer
Water not only quenches thirst but also flushes out the toxins and waste from the body. The body can be hydrated and the heat in the decreased by taking fluids in the form of fruit juices, coconut water, green tea and plain water.
Foods containing salt can dehydrate the body; hence foods consisting of high water contents should be consumed. These include fruits and green vegetables. Meat is difficult to digest in summer hence the consumption must be reduced.
- The first step to keep the skin glowing is to exfoliate the dead skin cells from time to time with a good scrub.
- Cleansing—a good homemade cleanser like cucumber, aloe Vera, curd or honey will help in cleaning and moisturizing the skin.
- Steam Therapy done once a week can keep will open the pores and remove the dirt from the skin.
- Exercise also helps in getting rid of the toxins and keeping the skin glowing.