In the Western countries, summer is the season of outdoor activities, family vacations and swimming and spending time tanning on beaches. But with excessive exposure to sun there are some inevitable skin problems that can become hindrances in the enjoyment s in summer.The harsh summer tans the skin and causes the pores to get clogged because of excessive sweating along with grime and dust.
Summer skin problems
- It is wise to take special care of the skin during the summer season to prevent and avoid certain skin problems which may be caused by different reasons.
- Rashes are red spots that develop on the skin with exposure to the skin.
- Certain medications for hypertension, inflammation and contraception react with sun and create a photo sensitivity condition of the skin which includes burning and rashes
- Prickly Heat develops with excessive sweating in the body. In this condition the sweat glands get blocked and rashes take place.
- Dermatitis- is a reaction of the sun on the skin because of the presence of certain chemicals under the skin. These chemicals can be present in some cosmetics or perfumes
- Rashes can also occur during the summer season with pollen from certain plants.
- Insect bites are most common during the summer season. Some of these bites can develop severe skin infections.
Home remedies for skin care in summer
- Tomato removes tan, dark spots and blemishes from the skin in a gentle manner. It even outs the rough skin and makes the skin bright and glowing. It is the best ingredient for damage to the skin by over exposure to the sun.
- Cucumber works wonders in hydrating, cooling, toning and removing tan from the skin.
- Watermelon is the favourite fruit of summer and it makes one feel refreshed. It also helps in removing blemishes and tans.
- Coconut Water keeps the body temperature cool from inside and is amazing for the complexion.
- Buttermilk isbest to apply on the skin for preventing blemishes, and removing tan to get a glowing skin. A cup of buttermilk added to bath water gives ultimate freshness to the skin.
Methods to get glowing skin in summer
Water not only quenches thirst but also flushes out the toxins and waste from the body. The body can be hydrated and the heat in the decreased by taking fluids in the form of fruit juices, coconut water, green tea and plain water.
Foods containing salt can dehydrate the body; hence foods consisting of high water contents should be consumed. These include fruits and green vegetables. Meat is difficult to digest in summer hence the consumption must be reduced.
The first step to keep the skin glowing is to exfoliate the dead skin cells from time to time with a good scrub.
Cleansing—a good homemade cleanser like cucumber, aloe Vera, curd or honey will help in cleaning and moisturizing the skin.
Steam Therapy done once a week can keep will open the pores and remove the dirt from the skin.
Exercise also helps in getting rid of the toxins and keeping the skin glowing.