Hives are the red bumps formed on the skin due to the allergic reaction. They are itchy and spreads from small to big in most of the cases. What are the causes of skin hives? These skin hives are caused due to the reason of a chemical histamine. Histamine is discharged by the cells and this chemical is the cause for the blood vessels to leak the fluid into the deepest skin layers. What is the best treatment for hives?
Skin hives may effect any walks of people and the reasons are huge in the case of hives. Some of the reasons associated for the cause of the skin hives are medication, stress, viral infections, cold, sun light, pressure and heat. If some thing is being the cause for the allergic problem then it is easily chained to the skin hives such as dust, dust mites, pollen, dander, shellfish and other foods.
To get the relief from the allergic reactions that are causing skin hives take an antihistamine. Pick the newer medicine that won’t allow drowsiness to you. Let the drug roll its action and amidst do some home remedies that give you added relief. Here is the list of steps to inhibit the hives and to avoid the triggers. How to get rid of skin hives fast?
Natural home remedies for Skin hives
Cold compress/cold bath for hives
If you are suffering with the hives resulted due to cold, which comes in rare cases. Take a cold bath or go with cold compress which will shrinks the blood vessels and stops the extra discharge of the chemical histamine. To get the relieve from the itching problem, pour a half cup of oatmeal in to the water tub and give yourself a quick bath.
Astringents to get rid of skin hives
To deminish the blood vessels and to block the further release of the histamine, astringents like calamine lotion and/or witch hazel works good. You can optpepto–bismol or milk of magnesia that is alkaline in nature instead of using the calamine lotion.
Baking soda – Effective home remedies for skin hives
How to reduce skin hives naturally? Take two table spoons of baking soda in a bowl and add sufficient amount of water to it. Stir it to form a paste. Apply this paste on the hives affected area to get the relief from itching and to stop the irk.
How to treat skin hives at home with Vinegar
Get a table spoon of apple cider vinegar and mix with the equal proportion of luke warm water. Apply this solution to the affected area of the skin by using a q-tip, it will handle the itching sensation.
Brown sugar, ginger and vinegar
Best home remedy for treating skin hives. Take 1/4 cup of brown sugar, one table spoon of ginger and 3/4 cup of vinegar. Mix them all together and boil the mixture for several minutes. Add a little amount of warm water to the boiled and dab it over the hives in several times a day.
Fish oil natural cure for hives
Take the 1,000 milligrams of fish oil in capsule form for thrice a day. Capsules are the sources of fatty acids which are having anti-inflammatory properties. Cold-water fish like bluefish, salmon, and albacore tuna are good food sources.
Some times stress might be the reason for the skin hives so practice yoga, meditation and relaxation exercises.
Basil – Best home remedy for skin hives
Basil is not only used to make any dish flavorsome but it acts as a natural antihistamine and this is why basil is very popular for healing hives. Also, it can be very effective in fighting against itching and inflammation. For making a good skin mask out of it, all you need to do is follow some steps described below:
- First all you need to do is, take a jar of hot water and add one tablespoon of dried basil leaves, let it cool.
- Now apply the basil mixed solution to the affected zone with a soft cotton ball.
- Another step to get rid of hives is the simplest trick. All you need to do is, take a few basil leaves and crush it.
- Then apply it to the affected area and wash it off with lukewarm water.
How to get rid of hives? Mint is known for its cool soothing after-effect. It is again a very good agent for treating hives. Mint acts as a very effective agent for curing itching and uncomfortable burning sensations due to hives. Mint is enriched with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which is, mint is a good option. All you need to do is, follow the following steps:
- In a cup of bowling water, add two teaspoons of freshly crushed mint leaves and leave it for five minutes.
- Then simply strain it and let it cool down in the refrigerator for few hours.
- Apply this cool minty solution to cleanse your infected skin, to cure hives.
- Repeat this several times in a day.
- The second solution is the one which needs to be orally taken instead of exterior application.
- It is a simple solution made out of boiling one teaspoon of crushed mint leaves and two teaspoons of sugar in one cup of water for five minutes.
- Then all we need to do is just strain and let it cool down.
- Drink this solution twice a day.
Turmeric is a natural home remedy for skin hives
Turmeric or ‘haldi’ is a spice which can be found easily in every kitchen of an Indian household. This is a spice which does not only add flavor to any food, but it also makes for a skin enhancing agent and curing hives. The anti-inflammatory properties being one of its basic and key features, turmeric helps in stimulating the body’s natural anti-inflammatory corticosteroids. Turmeric is also a very good agent of natural antihistamine and antioxidant for hives and a various other sorts of inflammatory skin ailment. Just follow the following tips:
- Drink twice a day a glass of hot milk or water, by adding one teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You may also increase the intake of turmeric by adding it in your cooking a little bit more quantity than the usual.
Nettle and honey – Effective treatment for hives
Nettle, which is an herbaceous plant covered with jagged leaves and stinging hairs, is recommended by most of the herbalists as an effective alternative treatment for hives. Nettle is considered as a natural antihistamine and filled with anti-inflammatory and astringent properties, which helps in treating for swelling, inflammation and itching. Just follow the basic guidelines as I have mentioned below:
- Take 1 tablespoon of dried nettle leaf and add it to a cup of warm water.
- Steep it for 10 to 15 minutes and then strain it.
- Add a little honey to it and drink this tea 2 to 3 times a day until your condition improves.
- Otherwise, you can also take 300-milligram capsules of nettle on a daily basis. It is recommended to consult a doctor before taking nettle capsules.
Oatmeal and baking soda – Home remeies to get rid of skin hives fast
Oatmeal is known as a great skin scrubber as it has a coarse grainy texture which helps in exfoliating. But apart from that, oatmeal is very effective in treating hives. Due to its anti-irritating, anti-inflammatory and soothing properties, it prevents itching keeping your skin healthy. All you need to do is, follow simple guidelines as I am going to mention now:
- Firstly, mix one cup of baking soda and two cups of ground oatmeal.
- Then the next step would be adding this mixture to a bathtub filled with warm water.
- Mix well and stay in that water for at least 15 minutes.
- Repeat this soothing bath twice a day till your hives get treated.
- Alternatively, you can also make a thick paste and apply the concoction on your affected area.
- Take adequate amount of water in a bowl, add 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, 2 cups of oatmeal to form a paste.
- Now apply the paste on the skin and let it get dry for about 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- You need to follow this procedure every day.
Aloe vera for treating skin hives at home
Aloe Vera is known for its cool and soothing effect just like mint. So it also makes way as an agent for treating hives by following no artificial way. Aloe Vera is enriched in anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties which reduces redness, inflammation and itching. Also, it stimulates immunity and helps eliminate inflammatory toxins if taken orally.
- Firstly, gently apply fresh Aloe Vera gel to the affected skin and keep it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Apply this remedy several times a day for a week or two.
- Alternatively, you can also drink the juice of aloe vera daily.
- Drinking aloe vera juice can actually help in stimulating and enhancing our body’s immune system.
- Remember that this tip is not for children and breastfeeding women.