Dark hips are a common skin problem that we often tend to neglect. However, it can be a point of embarrassment in certain situations and can even hold you back from certain dressing styles.
Different reasons are there that causes darkening of the skin of the hip area and it can affect people irrespective of their age, sex or lifestyle. The skin on the buttocks is naturally thicker than that of other body parts.
Lack of blood circulation into the skin of this area due to sitting down for long and rubbing of tight clothing against the skin of the area work as the primary reasons for the hyperpigmentation, which is increased with time as no much attention is being paid.
If you are trying to lighten the color of your dark hips you need to implement some habit changes and take some special care for the skin of this area to lighten it over time.
- Do not sit down continuously for hours in the same posture. Take a break after every one hour, and walk around for five minutes so that the blood is properly circulated in your buttock area.
- Do not wear very tight lower garments that can cause friction with the skin and can result into skin darkening. Opt for cotton lower garments that let the skin of this area breathe rather than synthetic ones.
- Do not neglect the buttock area during bathing and cleaning.
- Moisturize the skin of this area regularly.
Once you have implemented the above changes you only need to follow any of the below mentioned home remedies to get rid of dark hips
- White sugar, avocado oil and aloe vera gel
- Sugar, olive oil and aloe vera gel
- Sour grapes
- Rice flour scrub
- Brown sugar, salt, olive oil and turmeric
- Barley flour, honey, lemon juice
- Nigella seeds
- Licorice root powder
- Lemon peel
- Lemon and glycerin
- Sugar and milk scrub
- Yogurt and turmeric
- Cucumber, lemon and milk
- Coconut oil and lemon juice
- Almond oil and honey
- Potato juice and mustard oil
- Aloe vera with neem
- Orange peel and milk
- Oatmeal and Apple Cider Vinegar
- Sandalwood with vitamin E
- Cocoa butter
- Sea salt with citrus peel and honey
- Red lentils with milk scrub
- Vitamin E and milk powder
If you want to lighten the skin complexion of your buttocks then, this is surely going to be an essential home remedy.
This remedy proves to be quite effective for the Vitamin C loaded avocado and the anti-bacterial, antiseptic properties ridden aloe vera gel. These nutrients enriched natural herbs nourish the skin from within and enhance the natural glow.
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- Avocado oil
- Aloe vera gel
- Take a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of white sugar with avocado oil and aloe vera gel.
- Mix the ingredients and apply the thick paste on the buttock area.
- Leave it for 20-25 minutes and the wash it with warm water.
This exfoliation mask for the hips work really well as the dead skin cells are removed which helps in removing melanin. This will help in making the skin lighter, brighter and whiter.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Olive oil
- Aloe vera gel
- Take a bowl and mix one tablespoon of sugar, add a few drops of olive oil and aloe vera gel lumps.
- Homogenize the ingredients well.
- Then, apply these ingredients on the buttocks and leave it for 20-25 minutes.
- Apply this home-remedy on every third day and you will be able to see visible benefits.
It is often believed that sourness of grapes greatly helps in removing the toxins and several dead skin cells. This detoxification proves to be fruitful for sensitive skin which becomes visibly fairer, lighter and whiter.
- 10 gms of sour grapes
- If you want to lighten up your buttock, then grab 10 gms of sour grapes and extract the juice.
- Apply the extraction on your buttocks and leave it overnight.
- Next morning, while bathing, clean your affected area.
- You will be able to see visible changes after 3-5 applications.
It contains vitamin C. It helps in reducing dark spots and skin damage. Cleansing and exfoliation using this mask will help in enhancing the glow an making your derriere look flawless.
- 2-3 gooseberries
- Boil 2-3 gooseberries and extract the juice out of it and apply it on the buttocks.
- Let it stay for at least 30 minutes and clean off with cold water.
- You will be able to see visible benefits if applied regularly.
- You must apply the grape fall juice mixed with the generous amounts of gooseberry.
Rice flour is an idea mixture to exfoliate the skin. It’s a proven remedy to remove the dark skin and clear the impurities.
- Rice flour
- Take a bowl and add milk with some rice flour and make a thick paste.
- Then, rub the mixture on your buttock in a circular motion, to remove all the dead skin and smuts.
- Apply the mixture for at least 4 days a week to reap the maximum benefits.
- This will help in cleaning away the dead skin cells and accumulated impurities.
Sugar is a crucial ingredient when used to lighten the skin and exfoliate the area.
- Brown sugar
- Olive oil
- It’s really an essential mixture when added with salt, olive oil and turmeric, which is said to have antibacterial properties.
- Make a thick paste of the constituents and apply it in circular motion on your buttocks to reap the maximum benefits.
This lovely rustic aroma flavoured potion is also a good home remedy to help you lighten the dark buttocks. Barley has good whitening skin properties.
- Barley flour
- Lemon’s juice
- Take a bowl with some barley flour and honey and add one lemon’s juice.
- Mix the ingredients well and apply it on your buttocks.
- The honey has softening and lightening benefits.
- It will surely give you visible perks when applied regularly or every other day.
These exotic seeds are known to contain several antioxidants, antiseptic healing properties which help in nourishing the skin and instilling in them melanin rich properties. The vitamins and minerals enriched seeds wash away the unwanted substances.
- 25g of nigella seeds
- Take 25g of nigella seeds in a glass bottle and add some honey to it.
- Intermix the two ingredients and keep it overnight.
- Apply the paste everyday and you will be able to see visible changes in the color of your buttocks.
This rarely found powder is known to be quite beneficial for women since a very long time. Not only this magical potion is great for skin, hair and internal health but it also helps in removing the unwanted particles away. It also softens, cleanses and clears away the skin.
- 10g of licorice roots powder
- Take 10g of licorice roots powder and make a fine paste with milk or you could also boil the licorice powder and dab some cotton into it and apply it on the buttocks.
- Both the methods are effective and essential methods to reduce the skin darkening or to exfoliate the skin.
- Lemon peel
- Squeeze out half of a lemon and take the peel.
- Rub this peel directly to the hyper pigmented area of the skin.
- Continue rubbing for 5 minutes and then leave it for 10 more minutes before washing off with cold water.
- This can show visual improvement in the skin color of your hips within a week.
Lemon will cure any mild skin infection in the place and will also lighten the skin complexion and Glycerin will provide moisture to ensure quick lightening of the skin.
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon glycerin
- Mix 1 teaspoon of freshly prepared lemon juice with 1/2 teaspoon of glycerin and apply this runny mixture to the darkened skin on your buttocks.
- Leave for 15 minutes and wash off with water.
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Add 1 spoon sugar with 2 spoons of unboiled milk and rub this mixture on your dark buttocks with light hands.
- Continue rubbing for 5 minutes and leave for 20 more minutes before washing off with cold water while rubbing with your palms.
Yogurt and turmeric both work effectively in reducing hyperpigmentation. Turmeric has excellent antiseptic properties while yogurt also moisturizes the skin.
- 2 teaspoons yogurt
- Mix 2 teaspoons of yogurt with 1 inch of freshly prepared turmeric paste and apply this mixture to the darkened skin of your hips.
- Leave the mask on the skin for 30 minutes and wash off with plain water.
- Grind 2-3 thin slices of cucumber; mix it with 2 spoons of milk and 10 drops of lemon.
- Now apply this paste to the darkened skin of the buttocks.
- Leave for 5 minutes and then rub in the pack for 5 more minutes before letting it set for 15 minutes.
- Wash off with plain water.
- This remedy can show visible improvements within a week.
Coconut oil has the capacity to reduce hyperpigmentation while the Lemon works as a natural bleaching agent. Coconut oil also keeps the area moisturized.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Lemon juice
- Take 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and mix 10 drops of lemon juice with it.
- Slowly rub in this mixture to the darkened area of your buttocks.
- Continue rubbing for at least 10 minutes with excess of the prepared mixture.
- Leave for 15 another minutes and wash off.
- 2 teaspoons almond oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Take 2 spoons of almond oil and mix it with 1 spoon of honey.
- Apply this mixture on the darkened skin in circular motion.
- Keep on messaging the oil in for 10 minutes, leave for 15 minutes more and wash off.
Mustard oil moisturizes the skin while fighting skin problems, and potato juice gives a natural bleaching effect on the skin, lightening the dark patches quickly.
- 1 teaspoon mustard oil
- Take one small sized potato; grate it and squeeze out the juice.
- Mix this juice with 1 spoon of mustard oil.
- Massage this mixture into the dark skin on your buttocks.
- Continue messaging for 10 minutes and leave for another 20 minutes.
Aloe Vera moisturizes the skin of the area and work to reduce pigmentation while neem cures any infection or disorder of the skin that might be causing the hyperpigmentation.
- 1 tablespoon Aloe Vera gel
- 5 neem leaves
- Make 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel by grinding one Aloe leaf and mix it with a paste made from 5 neem leaves.
- Apply this paste to the darkened area on your buttock while messaging lightly.
- Leave on for 20 minutes and wash off.
Tomatoes are actually great for lightening dark hips.
- Just take a slice of tomato and rub it on the dark skin on your hips.
- Continue rubbing for 5 minutes, leave for 2 minutes and then again rub for another 5 minutes.
- Leave it for 10 minutes before washing off.
Papaya is an excellent natural bleaching agent.
- Take a cube of papaya, and rub it on the darkened skin.
- You can also make a paste and rub the paste on the affected area of the skin.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes and wash off with water.
- 2 teaspoons orange peel powder
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Dry the peels of an orange and grind in a mixture to make a powder.
- Now mix 2 spoons of this powder with 2 spoons of milk and scrub the dark skin on your buttocks with this paste.
- Continue rubbing for 5 minutes and then leave for another 15 minutes before washing off.
This pack can do wonders to cure hyperpigmentation on your buttocks.
- 1 tablespoon oatmeal
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mix 1 tablespoon of oatmeal with equal amount of ACV and rub the mixture on the darkened skin for 10 minutes.
- Wait for another 15 minutes and wash off.
Sandalwood can work wonderfully to lighten skin tone.
- Vitamin E
- Make a paste of sandalwood and add Vitamin E to it.
- Apply this mixture thoroughly onto the darkened skin of your hips.
- Leave for 30 minutes and wash off.
- This pack can be highly effective to lighten skin tone and you can observe visible results within a week on regular use.
Cocoa butter is believed to be highly effective in lightening darkened buttocks.
- Cocoa butter
- Take some cocoa butter and just massage it on the affected skin.
- You should repeat the process everyday for at least 1 week to see results.
If you are trying to get rid of that dark hips, try out this scrub pack and you are sure to get results in a week.
- 3 tablespoons lemon/orange peel
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- Collect the dry peels of lemon/orange and crush them lightly.
- Now add 3 spoons of this citrus peel with 2 spoons of sea salt and adequate amount of honey to coat all the ingredients well.
- Use this pack for scrubbing the skin of the hips.
- Scrub in circular motion for 2-3 minutes and then let it set for 1 minute.
- Again repeat the scrubbing for another 2 minutes and finally wash off with water.
- You should take this treatment daily for effective results.
Another effective treatment of lightening dark hips is to use a scrub pack made from red lentils and milk.
- 3-4 tablespoons red lentil
- Soak 3-4 spoons of red lentil in milk overnight.
- In the morning crush the lentils along with the milk but do not make a soft paste.
- Now apply this slightly rough pack onto the dark skin of your hips, scrub and leave on for 15 minutes.
- Then again scrub with wet hands and finally wash off.
- This treatment can be repeated daily for best outcomes.
Milk powder and Vitamin E can work effectively to remove any discoloration from your skin. You can use a pack made from Vitamin E and milk powder to lighten the skin color of your hips.
- 5-6 tablespoons milk powder
- 2 Vitamin E capsules
- Take 5-6 spoons of milk powder and the content of 2 Vitamin E capsules to come up with a sticky mixture.
- Now use this mixture to scrub the skin of the butts for 2-3 minutes and then leave on for 15 minutes.
- Finally wash off.
- You should repeat this treatment everyday.
Yes, the home remedies do work for lightening inner thighs & vaginal area. However, if you experience any irritation in the vaginal area, stop the application.
You can see the visible results within a week if you apply the solution thrice a week. Continue the application for a month and see the natural glow yourself.
Yes, you can apply the juice of gooseberry or amla. This exfoliating mask will help in reducing dark spots and skin damage.
Yes, women with dark skin tones can use it. The desired results will be visible comparatively after regular application.
The natural ingredients do take time compared to creams but the results are permanent. You can have visibly fairer, lighter & whiter buttocks over time.