Fake nails are artificial, false and fashion nails. They are the right answer to replace broken nails on special occasions. In modern times the artificial nails are as sleek and sophisticated as the natural nails.
Types of artificial nails
There are several different types of artificial nails that include acrylic, wraps, gels and press-on nails. Each of them is made of different compositions, techniques and varies in cost.
Acrylic nails are the most popular types of artificial nails that are available in saloons. Chemicals are applied on the natural nail to form an elongated nail that can be shaped into the desired length and style. They are long lasting and durable type of artificial nail. Some disadvantage of this nail is that they may damage the real nail by yellowing or causing fungal infection to the nails.
Gel nails are formed by applied a chemical mix and setting it with the help of an Ultraviolet lamp. These nails are considered as more natural looking and do not damage the natural nails. They give a clear shiny finish.
Wraps-Nail wraps are normally used for repairing broken nails or nail tips. They are used as extensions and to strengthen nail tips. Fine layers of silk, tissue or fibre are shaped and attached to the nail with glue. They do not require much maintenance and do not damage the natural nails.
Persons are quick fix artificial nail solution found in various colours, shapes and sizes. They are attached to the nail by a two sided tape. They are cheap and easy to apply but last for only a short time.
Ways to remove fake nails
It is easy to put on fake nails but some find it difficult to be removed from the natural nails. Fake nails can be removed with acetone polish remover this has to be put on the sides of the nails and the nail moved sideways or in any direction to loosen it.
Fake nails can also be removed by soak in the finger nails in warm soapy water. If there is too much glue than pure acetone is the best answer. Women are not satisfied with this process of removing the fake nails can get them done in the salons. The professionals know the right method to remove the fake nails without damaging the original nails.
Acrylic nails can be removed with the help of nail polish remover, nail clipper, olive oil, moisturizing lotion, orange wood stick, nail buffer, nail file and petroleum jelly.
- Cut the acrylic nails as short as possible to allow easy and fast removal.
- Fill a small glass bowl with acetone nail polish remover.
- Buffer and clean the nails from all sides to remove the dust and gloss.
- Apply a coat of petroleum jelly around the skin that is around the nail bed.
- Dip the nails in the bowl of acetone nail polish remover for 15 minutes or until the glue that blends the acrylic nail starts coming off.
- Remove hand from the solution and gently peel of the acrylic nails with tweezers.
- Apply olive oil or cuticle oil after all the artificial nails have been peeled off.
- Moisturizer must be applied to the hands as acetone dries up the skin on the hands.
- Soak cotton balls for each nail in the acetone andplace a cotton ball on each fingernail.
- Wrap tin foil strips tightly around the cotton balls.
- Keep the nails wrapped for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and cotton balls and scrape off the acrylic nails with an orange wood stick.
- Remove the extra glue with a nail buffer and gently make the nails smooth with the nail buffer.
- Wash and dry hands thoroughly before massaging olive oil onto the hands,
- Removing of fake nails with dental floss requires the help of another person.
- Gently peel off the fake nails with the help of an orange wood stick by peeling the bottom edge of the nail.
- Slide the dental gloss under the bottom edge with the end s of the floss held by each hand of another person.
- Rub the floss back and forth in a sawing motion until the fake nail is removed from the natural nail. This should be done gently and carefully so that the natural nail is not damaged.