White and strong nails are what every women wish their nails look like. One thing that adds these two, is the demand for retaining thicker nails, which are not prone to breaking. When you have shiny and shaped nails it enhances the beauty of you hands. You can also style it better and free it from frequent chips and cracks. Brittle nails is a common condition for both men and women.
Due to excessive usage of nail paint remover or overexposure of water, women tend to face this a little more. It is important to take care of your nails to prevent infections as well. Pamper them with any of the suitable remedies we have listed below and reveal brighter and stronger nails.
Natural remedies to improve nail conditions
Lemon extract and olive oil
Both these ingredients are essential for our health. Be it consumed internally or applied externally, these two elements do wonders for our skin, hair and even nails. Olive oil will penetrates in the cuticles of your nails to repair and strengthen them, while lemon heals brittle nails and work like a natural bleach. Make a mixture of 1 tablespoon of lemon extract added with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Heat it slightly and then soak your nails. You can also dab the mixture with cotton and then massage. This is add shine and remove yellow stains.
Soak in beer
Beer, accompanied by olive oil and apple cider vinegar can turn out to be a powerful treatment for curing brittle nails. Beer includes potassium, selenium and phosphorus which help you develop stronger nails. Olive oil adds moisture and reduces chipping with within. Heat 3/4th cup of olive oil till lukewarm, and add 1/2 cup of beer and 3/4th of apple cider vinegar. Soak your fingers in this mix for 15 minutes. Repeat twice a week for significant difference.
Pure coconut does wonder for our skin and hair. It is one of the top most used products for healing conditions like rough weak hair or dry skin. Coconut oil can also be massage on your nails for making them stronger and for keeping infections at bay. It is also know to better blood circulation while massaging it improves blood circulation. Take a vessel and heat coconut oil. Use as warm as you can touch and them massage your nails for 5 minutes. Follow the process 2 time a day for speedy results.
Apple Cider Vinegar
This useful treatment is usually ready in our pantry. Apart from adding a lovely taste to our food, this ingredient is also known to work well our our skin and hair. these are accompanied with other elements for such uses though. It includes the goodness of calcium, potassium, vitamins and magnesium which make nails stronger and thicker. It is also inclusive of malic acid and acetic acid which keeps infection away. Take water and vinegar is equal amount and soak your nails in a bowl. Let it absorb the mix for our 10 minutes. You can store it and reuse in the following day.
Vitamin E oil
This too has become quite a great remedy for skin care. They have essential components which benefit hair and skin, and they also make us look youthful. Get strong and thick nails and stop it from breaking. This oil keeps your nails moisturized and makes the cuticles feel healthier. Buy vitamin E oil capsules and then extract the liquid. Coat them over your nails and massage for 5 minutes.
Tea tree oil
It is a natural medicine which has antiseptic properties and is used for numerous conditions. Tea tree is known to harder your nails and prevent fungal infection. This infection cures brittle nails and gives you speedy results. Help your nails look whiter and brighter. Take 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and add 5-6 drops of tea tree oil. Rub this solution on your nails for about 30 minutes. Clean with lukewarm water and then pat dry. Apply a lotion after that and repeat it once more in a day. Follow this for a month and reveal a newer look and feel!
Egg yolk and milk
One of the main reason to have weaker nails is due to the lack of protein and calcium. Egg yolk and milk can be blended together for restoring these deficiencies on your nails. The mixture might not sound or feel as appealing as the rest, but they are going to work out for you at their best! It is prompt, natural and moisturizing as well. Mix 1 egg yolk with 2 tablespoons of milk. Blend well and massage the mix on nails thoroughly. Give 20 minutes of time and then cleanse with lukewarm water.
There are so many masks for your hair and skin, why not create one for the nails as well? This remedy works like a homemade manicure and makes your nails thick and strong. Add 1 teaspoon of chamomile with peppermint tea. Pour boiling water to the mixture. Let them soak well for 2 hour after which you are to strain the tea. After that take one teaspoon of olive oil with 2 tablespoons of wheat flour to and add to the liquid. Blend well and apply on the nails. Cover it well and let it sit for an hour. Repeat twice a week for best results.
Winters are here, and it is one specific season, when petroleum jellies become immensely important to us! It has multiple uses for our skin, lips and nails as well. It add hydration and makes the nails stronger. Use some petroleum jelly for smearing them over your nails. Apply before you go to bed and see your cuticles soft and moisturized the next morning. Repeat for 1-2 months and have thicker nails.
Mix almond oil with equal amounts of olive and jojoba oil. Heat the mixture till it is bearably warm. Use cotton for dabbing in the oil and them on your nails. Wrap foils over the nails and let them sit for 10 minutes. This will let the oil penetrate in. Remove the foil and feel hydrated nails.
Tips to keep nails stronger
- Weak nails are a sign of poor diet. It is important to make a few positive changes in your daily edibles so that you are healthy and strong. Food which include protein, minerals, vitamins and healthy carbs, not only improve your nails but also make your hair and skin improve. Your nails need vitamins of A, B, C, D and E, along with folic acid, calcium, zinc, biotin and iron.
- File your nails whenever they get out of shape. These not only make them look good but they prevent chipping. The longer you nails grow, the weak they tend to become. You prevent breakage if you file them regularly.
- Buy a cost effective nail buffer for buffing your nails. This improves blood supply to your nail matrix, which are the tissues present below your nails. They are depended to produce new fingernails which is why keeping them healthy is important.
- Keep your nails away from excess water exposure. This can make your nails soft and pull away their natural moisture. Buy gloves for cleaning utensils and washing clothes.
- Use a moisturizer frequently for keeps your nails nourished. Just like you moisturize your body after a bath, you should also pay some specific attention to the nails. Keeping them moisturized regularly will hydrate them and prevent breakage.
- A lot of people have a habit of biting nails. This isn’t healthy for your stomach or your nails. Eliminate such practice and let the nails grow healthily.
- Don’t use nail paint removers excessively. Rather than applying nail paints every now-and-then, trying remaking the styles and avoid vigorous use of removers. These make your nails more prone to breaking and chipping.
- You can opt for vitamin supplement which strengthens your hair and your nails. Choose vitamins which contain biotin (the best one would surely be vitamin B) and consume one capsule daily. The amount of biotin should be within 300 micro grams and not more.
- Avoid the usage of fake nails. You might have brittle and weak nails, but we have listed the remedies to solve your problem. Using fake nails might lead you to fungi or bacteria, and that can definitely react in infections.