Dry hair result from lack of moisture in the hair.The hair lose their shine and the hair appear, lifeless, frizzy and dull. Men and women of any age can be a victim of dry hair.
Just like your skin, hair also becomes dry and unattractive. But there are certain reasons for dry hair. The effect of environment, pollution and the food we eat with lifestyle changes can visibly affect our hair health. But, dry hair tips will help resolving such issues. You might get some conditioners and shampoo in the market that can make your dry hair lustrous. But, you might not know the side effects of the same. It is always better to have a natural way of treating dry hair.
Reasons for dry hair
There is no single reason for dry hair.There is variety of factors that can lead to dry hair, which include
- Environmental conditions like living in a dry, hot climate, too much exposure to sun and swimming often in chlorinated water encourage dry hair.
- Hair-care practices like washing the hair frequently, using shampoos containing harsh chemicals, blow drying the hair daily, getting chemical treatments and using electric curling irons or straighteners also contribute to dry hair.
- Anorexia nervosa is an eating disorder in the person goes hungry with the fear of gaining weight. This disorder can cause malnutrition and their side effects can be dry and brittle hair.
- Hypobaric -thyroidismis a condition when the parathyroid gland in the neck produces less parathyroid hormone. As a result the level of calcium in the blood decreases. Calcium is the main nutrient for healthy hair, bones tissue and teeth.
- Hypothyroidism is a condition when the thyroid gland produces less thyroid hormone. Early symptom of hypothyroidism is dry and brittle hair.
- Menkes Kinky Hair Disease rare genetic condition in which there are some cells that do not absorb copper. Low copper absorption cause dryness of the hair.
- Too much bare to sunlight When you are going out in a summer day, the harmful sun rays will directly fall on your hair. This becomes worse if you don’t cover your hair. People might not have realized but this is one of the reasons for dry hair.
- Styling with blower and flat iron These days youngsters wishes to get different hairstyles on each different day. This is done with the hair of hair styling tools such as flat iron or a blower. But, they are not aware that , this can be one of the reasons for dry hair.
- Excess hair care habit Hair care habits are good when it is done to a certain limit. But excessive doing of it can also hamper your hair. As it will take away the moisture layer from your scalp and make it frizzy and dry.
How to treat dry hair at home
Dry hair can be prevented by eating a healthy diet, using good quality hair products and taking good care of the hair. treat dry, brittle hair with a small amount of butter for
Sandalwood oil The oil extracted from sandalwood is really an amazing remedy for those with dry hair. Take few drops of such oil and apply over your hair root and shaft. This will certainly make you free from dry hair.
Curry leaves This leaves are really wonderful in adding taste to Indian curries. Now this has proved as a remedy to treat dry hair. You have to add few curry leaves in hot coconut oil, keep for some time and apply that oil over your hair.