Kalonji oil, also called Black Seed Oil, has resilient therapeutic benefits for hair and with its regular application on scalp it repairs hair and helps in hair regrowth on bald patches.
The highly concentrated Kalonji oil is extracted from small black seeds, commonly called ‘black cumin’ and has a scientific name nigella sativa.
This oil has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that help strengthen hair, treat hair-loss, and also check premature greying of hair. This oil offers other key benefits also, like fighting dandruff and conditioning the dry hair.
Black seed oil and properties
Black seed oil contains nigellone and thymoquinone compounds, these compounds are powerful antihistamines, which are normally prescribed to patients with hair loss issues like androgenic alopecia or alopecia areata.
When you are looking for an alternative method without medication then this is the best alternative for hair regrowth.
Black seed oil or Kalonji oil benefits
Black seed oil, being an essential oil, can mix with other ingredients unlike coconut oil and olive oil. Its properties, according to some are ‘miraculous’ for the hair.
- Anti-inflammatory: Kalonji oil being anti-inflammatory works beautifully to soothe scalp related issues, when mixed with carrier oil. The scalp conditions may include inflammation, flakiness, and distinct sensitivity.
- Checks infections: This oil also mitigates fungal & viral infections, and controls lice at an early stage.
- Regrowth: Black seed oil benefits in regrowth of hair as it mixes well with other components to offer excellent therapeutic support. This is an essential oil similar to lavender, citrus, and rosemary essential oils.
- Massage for healthy hair: In natural hair growth and regrowth, massage well with a mix of 1 part black seed oil and 2 parts olive oil on your bald patches. After some time rinse off with a mild hair conditioner, it surely helps in regrowth of hair.
- Analgesic: Black seed oil besides being anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral has analgesic properties also. It provides relief from scalp pain besides helping in hair loss issues.
- Dandruff: It provides relief from dandruff and conditions the skin to get relief from any discomfort. It is very effective in conditions of psoriasis & eczema and keeps your scalp moisturized with balanced oil production.
- Controls hair fall: The benefits of black seed oil are best to treat hair loss as black seeds have immense nutrients that maintain hair follicles. Its regular use works best for the general upkeep of hair too.
- Prevents premature graying: Black seed oil is effective in averting and reversing graying of hair. It checks pigment cells in follicles to change color from its original color to gray, thanks to linoleic acid present in it.
- Stimulates Blood Circulation: Black seed oil contains good amount of omega-3 &6 biomolecules that boost blood circulation to the body and scalp. This instigates quick hair growth and the results can be observed in few weeks.
- Hair conditioning natural way: Sebum is the natural oil produced in scalp that keeps your hair moisturized and nurtured. Black seed oil regularizes oil production in scalp to condition hair in natural way.
Black seed hair loss remedy at home
Worried about your fast depleting hairline? Try this recipe of wonder Kalonji oil to regrow your hair back.
- Start with adding 2 handfuls of black seeds or Kalonji in 5 cups of water.
- Now boil for 10 minute then let it cool.
- Strain the seeds and pour the residual black seed water into a glass vessel.
- Add 1 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil in this water.
- Massage with this mixture after thoroughly applying it on your scalp. After 45 minutes wash off your hair. Massaging with this concoction twice a week will get you best results.
- Keep this blend in the refrigerator for 2 weeks then prepare another blend.
- Pour 2 spoon of black seed oil in your palms and rub well with both palms to warm it.
- Begin massaging the oil onto your scalp, especially where you are losing your hair.
- When oil covers your scalp well, massage lightly so the hair roots are also covered by oil.
- Leave the oil there for approximately 30-40 minutes and then wash it off with your usual shampoo.
Besides hair, black seed oil is extremely effective in giving relief to joint issues and other body areas.