Argan oil is extracted from the kernels of Moroccan Argan tree. The researchers have found quite a number of its benefits for the hair specifically. This oil is good for moisturizing the scalp by mitigating dandruff.
Besides, it helps maintain right level of oil on hair roots and scalp. It also helps normal hair growth and makes the hair strands stronger and healthier by strengthening brittle hair.
Argan oil comprises of several nutrients like vitamin E (tocopherol), phenols, carotenes, squalene, and 80% unsaturated fatty acids.
- Oleic 42.8%
- Linoleic 36.8%
- Palmitic 12.0%
- Stearic 6.0%
- Linolenic 0.5%
Argan oil also contains natural phenols, such as caffeic acid, oleuropein, vanillic acid, tyrosol, catechol, resorcinol, epicatechin and catechin.
Argan oil authenticity and health
Ensure that the Argan oil you buy from the market is of good quality. Only a quality product can offer assurance for the desired health benefits to your scalp and hair. The good quality argan oil may cost more but you will certainly gain far more for your hair, in terms of healthy & flowing hair.
How to get ‘real’ argan oil?
First, you need to know how to check Argan oil purity. You can start with its color and texture. Argan oil is smoother in texture and golden yellow in color. Beware, as in market you can come across darker, thinner and slimmer looking oil.
Genuine Argan oil when applied on the skin should be easily absorbed. Argan oil’s authenticity could be observed through its cloudy looks and slight sediment at the bottom. Clear and without sediment oil could be pure and refined, which possibly may not have as many benefits.
There are two types of argan oils to choose from, one for the cosmetic use and other for culinary use. Pure argan oil should have a nutty flavor. Remember to store argan oil in dark glass bottles, so that its properties remain intact.
Argan oil is accepted worldwide now for its immense benefits to the hair. This keeps it moisturized, avoids hair breakage, and protects it from wear & tear. Argan oil protects your hair from woes like split ends and hair losses to make them thicker & healthier.
How to use it
Argan oil is easily available over-the-counter and online also. Argan oil in pure form offers amazing results as chemical-free hair conditioning. Just a few drops of pure Argan oil rubbed and applied on hair boost flowing hair growth and end woes like split ends of hair.
- Take a few drops of Argan oil in your hands and rub well to make it warmer.
- Apply well on your wet hair after bath.
- Massage the oil onto your scalp to remove dry skin.
- Keep on applying Argan oil 2-3 times a week to keep your hair lovelier, silkier, and soft.
Benefits of Argan oil
Argan oil is good for therapeutic hair treatment. This oil is just out of the world for those who are unhappy with their hair. Argan oil is often termed as ‘liquid gold’ for its immense benefits to the hair in the form of shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer, and hair softeners.
Its benefits are attributed to its contents that include vitamin E and fatty acids. Besides hair, this oil is applied all over the body for providing good skin health.
- Exceptionally beneficial for hair and scalp in form of shampoo and conditioner. Argan Oil as a content in Shampoo & conditioner helps get back shine and good health.
- Vitamin E along with many antioxidants present in Argon oil keeps your hair healthy with normal growth and even regrowth, as it boosts hair roots & cells.
- Argan oil acts as a moisturizer and keeps the scalp clean and dandruff-free. It also maintains oil level of scalp and does not allow it to dry.
- It treats thin, split ends & brittle hair well to make your hair healthy. This oil is good in doing away with chemical effects on hair in shape of hair dyes and other application.
- Argan oil is gaining popularity among fashion enthusiasts for controlling kinky hair and promote gleam on hair, making hair softer and manageable.
- Styling agent: Argan oil offers a remarkable solution to your unkempt hair by assisting as a styling agent and it also gives a noticeable gloss to the hair. Its main benefit as a styling agent is that it doesn’t cause damage to the hair unlike chemical-based styling agents available in the market. Just rub a few drops of Argan oil in your palm and evenly apply on hair before brushing it to a style.
Enjoy healthy moments with Argan oil.