Rosemary is an herb, which is been used since ancient times for several hair problems such as common hair fall, dandruff, greying etc… Rosemary oil is a home to several natural minerals that stimulate hair growth by deeply nourishing it. It also maintains the natural colour and lustre of your hair thus giving you naturally strong and healthy hair.
Benefits of rosemary oil
- Rosemary fastens the growth of hair by preventing hair loss and stimulating proper blood circulation in the scalp.
- It provides deep nourishment to your scalp and with regular use, it proves quite beneficial in eradicating dandruff.
- Due to its analgesic properties, it soothes the scalp and provides nourishment to hair follicles.
- Rosemary oil is also useful in removing dead skin cells and grime from your hair.
- The natural components present in rosemary oil lock the colour of your hair and prevent it from greying.
- It puts life into dry, lifeless and frizzy hair by making it smooth, shiny and manageable.
The following are the ways in which you can use rosemary oil for different hair problems:’
Rosemary oil shampoo for hair loss
Rosemary oil can help you get rid of common hair fall.
- Mix 1-12 drops rosemary oil in a small shampoo bottle, which you use regularly.
- Shake the bottle well
- Wash your hair daily with this rosemary oil infused shampoo.
Rosemary oil conditioner for healthy scalp and strong hair
In order to make your scalp and hair roots strong rosemary oil should reach your scalp in effective ways .This rosemary oil conditioner is one of the best ways to nourish your scalp
- Add 15 drops rosemary oil in 1-cup hot boiled water.
- Pour the mixture into a spray bottle after it cools down.
- Spray it on you scalp and hair evenly after every hair wash.
- Let your hair air dry.
Hot rosemary oil treatment for hair growth
Hot oil treatment is highly beneficial in providing deep conditioning and nourishment.
- Mix 2-3 drops rosemary oil with 2 tablespoons almond oil and heat it.
- Massage the oil in your scalp for 10 minutes and apply evenly till your hair tips.
- Wrap a hot towel around your hair and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with your regular shampoo to remove the oil.
- Wash your hair again with cold water to close your cuticles.
Effectiveness of rosemary oil
Even though there is no scientific research that states the proven benefits of rosemary oil many users have given positive feedbacks. Majority of people were benefited with regular use of rosemary oil in different forms. When it comes to hair fall, rosemary oil can only treat hair fall due to common causes like vitamin deficiency or stress. Some studies have proven that it improves scalp health and can prevent hair loss in case of hereditary baldness problem. In addition, rosemary oil works slowly and hence it should be used for at least 4-5 months in a row.
Things to keep in mind before using rosemary oil
- Do not use rosemary oil directly on you scalp as it may giving you a burning sensation.
- Breastfeeding or pregnant women are advised to use rosemary oil on doctor’s advice only.
- Do not use rosemary oil if you have high blood pressure.