We have heard that almost 75% of women wear the wrong size for a bra. Reason why, writing this article became immensely essential – all you beautiful ladies deserve to know your accurate sizes. So, read and help yourself at home.
Our body is ever changing, we tend to lose weight and we tend to put on some. While we gain or lose, our muscles tone. With pregnancy, nursing, disease or simply with age, our body and weight tend to evolve. Thus, even if you had the accurate bra size one year back, it might not be the same now. We have some easy steps listed down, which will help you obtain the perfect size.
It is a little troublesome to measure your bra size, especially when you aren’t wearing a correct size already. Let us try and figure out how you need to exactly go about this:
Measuring band size
There are two methods to do this, and if you apply them both, you are sure of the size if the results are equivalent.
- Take a measuring tape, and put it around you. Put it under your arms and place it back to front. Bring it across and place at the middle of your chest. If the number is odd, note down the next even.
- Measure horizontally, across the bottom of band and directly under your bust. Run it over your ribcage. Make sure that the tape it straight and back to front. If you obtain an odd number yet again, round up to the next even.
Measuring cup size
- Loosely surround the tape covering the fullest portions of your bust. The tape should go around from your back and come in front.
- Subtracts band measurement from the previous step from the bust measurement you get here. The difference would be your bra size and each inch represents the cup size you need.
Advices on bra fitting
- Suppose you measured a 32 inch band size with 34 inch cup size, and after subtracting the result is 2. This means you need a B cup.
- If you cannot measure it well yourself, you can let someone help you out. Call upon someone you are close to and let that person help you out. These are natural troubles and nothing to shy away from.
- Measurements can be done over a bra you are already wearing or over a t-shirt. Just make sure that your attire isn’t very thick.
- If you have sagging breasts, you must wear your bra and measure. Make sure the straps are tightened enough.
- On the other hand, wearing padded or stuffy bra won’t help you get the accurate measurement. If you want a bra that fits you properly, get a normal fitted bra and not the padded ones.
- You might still not get the exact measurement, but it will surely be close to accurate. It is good to start off with purchasing one bra of your calculated size and then see how you look. Your following purchases can depend on your first experience, and you’d know if you have to calculate again or not.
- Once you are okay with the first purchase, try different shapes of bras and see what makes you look the best.
- Your bra should fit you perfectly and not be painful, or be a reason for discomfort. Ahealthy bra maintains healthy busts.
How to make sure if the bra fits perfectly?
It is very important to get a perfectly sized bra and not settle for a one which is ‘close enough’. The most important consideration for bras is when they are comfortable enough.
- When you put on your new bra, bend over and see if your busts fall into the cup naturally. Stand and adjust the bra by putting your hands into the cups and then raise your nipples. This would place them in the center of the cup. The center of bra should lay flat against your breastbone. Make sure there isn’t any gap.
- Make sure that the bra caps are smooth and wrinkle-free.
- Turn to a size and look into the mirror. Check if the back of your bra hikes up. If it has, then the bra didn’t fit you correctly. The back of your bra should be comfortably rested.
- Lastly, the band should snug to the loosest hook. When the band stretches, you will be able to tighten it. This also helps your busts breathe.