Over the years, women have blamed breastfeeding for breast sagging. An academy in America had interviewed 132 women who were seeking for breast enlargements or uplifts. Around 70 women had breastfed their babies for 6-9 months and there was no difference in the degree of breast sags, compared to how they looked before pregnancy. Thus, this is to remind you that breastfeeding is immensely essential for your infant, and has got nothing to do with breast sagging.
Researchers then explained, that the expansion and contraction of milk glands, activated by pregnancy, cause droopiness and not breastfeeding. The most common reason for breast sags is due to aging. Women start losing the elasticity and suppleness of their breasts with age. Though this is not sooner than 40 and above, it is best to start treating and maintaining healthy breasts post pregnancy.
Remedies to keep breasts firm after pregnancy
After delivery a mother needs immense rest. This is the reason why we have listed down some home remedies to solve your worries on this concern. We do not expect or want you to overdo anything during this delicate period of time, the reason why there are some natural home remedies which would solve all your needs.
It is considered to be really helpful to regain the firmness of breast sagging and helps to uplift them. Cold temperatures cause contract in the tissues, which alternatively make breasts look firm and uplifted.
- Take the ice cubes to massage your breasts in circular motions for 1 minute.
- Use a soft towel for drying the breasts and then wear a bra which fits you properly.
- Stay still in a reclining posture for around half an hour.
- Do it at regular intervals when you get free time for other chores.
Make sure your breasts aren’t exposed to the ice for over 1 minute. This could lead to numbness.
Massage breasts with olive oil to keep away from sagging. It is a rich source of fatty acids and antioxidants, which reverses the damage that is caused by the free radicals in our body. This also helps you improve skin texture.
- Put olive oil on your palms and then rub together to produce some heat.
- Run your hands over the breasts in an upward motion.
- Gently massage for 15 minutes and improve the blood flow, which stimulates cell repair.
- Repeat the remedy for 4-5 times every week.
Tips: You could use argan, almond, jojoba and avocado oil instead of olive oil.
Cucumber with egg yolk
A combination of these two ingredients will help you have an amazing breast mask. Cucumber provides skin-toning properties along with immense vitamins and proteins from egg yolk. Following this remedy once a week would help you have stronger breast tissues. Thus, your breast sag complains just got reduced!
- Take a small cucumber and puree in blender
- Add 1 egg yolk
- Add 1 teaspoon of cream or butter for proper paste
- Apply to the breasts and let it be for 30 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water
Egg whites are astringent and they nourish the skin. They have hydro-lipids, which lifts breasts which seem to sag.
- Take egg white from 1 egg and beat till the texture is foamy. Apply to the breasts and let it dry for 30 minutes. Wash off with cucumber juice or cold water. Onion juice would do instead of cucumber juice too.
- Another alternative is to mix egg white from 1 egg with 1 tablespoon of yogurt/honey. Apply to the breasts and let it dry for around 20 minutes. Wash off with cold water.
Repeat either of the two remedies, once and week, and maintain firmer breasts.
It is often used for this purpose in Ayurveda. It has vitamins and antioxidants which fight the free radicals, helps to tighten and uplift breasts, and also provides smoother skin around it.
- Take ¼ cup of fenugreek powder and add adequate water to make a thick paste. Massage onto the breasts and let it dry for 5-10 minutes. Wash off with warm water. Repeat it 1-2 times a week.
- Another alternative is to make a breast mask with combining ½ cup yogurt, 10 drops of vitamin E oil, egg white from 1 egg, and finally 10 drops of fenugreek oil. Mix till the paste is smooth. Apply paste to your breast and then gently rub. Let it dry for around 30 minutes and then wash off with cold water. Repeat it once a week for maintenance.
It has anti-aging properties which is why it can help your breasts from sagging. Pomegranate seed oil is rich with Phyto-nutrients which can help you have firmer breasts.
- Take the peel of pomegranate and add some warm mustard oil. Paste both the ingredients and massage your breasts in round motions. Do it for 5-10 minutes before you go off to sleep.
- You could use pomegranate seed oil for massaging the breasts 2-3 times every day.
- One more option is to combine 4 teaspoons of neem oil along with 1 teaspoon of powdered pomegranate peel. Warm the texture for a couple of minutes and then let it cool. Use it for massaging the breasts and repeat 2 times every day for several weeks.
It consists of skin tightening properties which helps you keep away from breast sags. They have antioxidants as well and it prevents the damage caused by free radicals.
- Apply aloe vera gel and massage the breasts for 10 minutes. Make sure the massage is in circular motions after which you can let it dry for 10 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water and repeat 4-5 times a week for best results.
- Alternatively, you can make a mix of 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel along with 1 teaspoon of honey and mayonnaise. Apply the mix to your breasts and let it sit for 15 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water first and then with regular temperature. Repeat once every week.
Lose your body weight after pregnancy
It is better to release those pounds back into the ether, so go slow. Despite your hurry to get back into proper pre baby jeans. You need to maintain proper fitness with a balanced diet, and exercises. Your skin elasticity is challenged by rapid stretching in either direction. So, slowly and steadily progress gives a breast skin more time to recover and repair your breast. This also helps to keep your health that can be useful to maintain proper fitness.
Moisturize to reduce sagging breasts
You can use plain cocoa butter, shea butter, almond oil, or a wide variety of baby safe which are specially formulated as skin moisturizers that can aid the elasticity, general resilience, collagen production of breast skin. So, it is better to combine moisturizing with a few uplifting, breast massage to feel perkier instantly. Moisturize can help to prevent and fade the appearance of stretch marks too. Moisturizing also gives smooth and glowing skin and is best for dry skin.
Exercise to get perfect breast size
Exercise is the best way to increase breast size by just working out the upper chest muscles. You can just do pushups or press your palms together while pointing your elbows out to the sides. It holds and best as larger pecs equals larger looking and more uplifted breasts. SO, strengthening your core and back muscles will also give you a big boost by bettering your posture. It allows you to hold yourself taller and appear less saggy.
Wear right bra after pregnancy
You will be probably need to purchase best fitting bras for easy access. Be prepared for one set of measurements and during nursing and a different one after you wean. You need to take a final size that may not be fully settled until a few months after you wean. A proper fitting will ensure that you wear the right size that offers good support. Sports bras should always be a part of your exercise that can attire and this is also a great time to experiment with push up bras, and their cleavage enhancing properties.
Following are some general tips which you can follow once you are back to your regular regime. This alternatively means that you shouldn’t stress much post delivery, and wait for adequate time till your body gets back to normal.
- Avoid extreme dieting. If your weight falls drastically it can cause breast sagging.
- Swimming is good for having firmer breasts.
- Avoid forward bends, contract poses, running or jogging without proper sports bra.
- Drink ample amount of water for keeping skin hydrated.
- Apply sunscreen while wearing tank tops, swim suits or dresses with a lower neckline.
- Stop smoking for overall health and to protect fragile breast skin.
- Sit straight and walk straight and don’t droop to prevent breasts from drooping as well!
- Know the correct size of your bra maintain healthier breasts. Push-up bras are good for breast support.
- Wear a sports bra while exercising, jogging or working out. This lets the breasts have proper bounce.
- Eat healthier food with proper nutrition. Include protein, minerals, calcium, carbs and essential fats.
- Try to gain back your old figure as that would help you maintain healthier breasts and happier you!