Coloring is the last solution for growing grey hair. Today, grey hair is viewed not only in people who have aged, but also among the youngsters. The reason behind it is due to pollution and adulteration that is taking place within the Earth surface. Even today, our natural has some wonderful ingredients that can easily help restricting the growth of black hair or conversion of black hair into grey hair.
You must have heard your grandparents speaking about some herbal and homemade remedies. Yes, those are the ways which can make your look black naturally. Everyone wants to have a smooth and shining hair and Ayurveda has the goodness of natural ingredients.
Deep condition with hot oil
Is your hair turning grey or white??
Moisture is what that completely has to be taken into account to keep hair related issues at bay. Hair needs to have a certain level of moisture all time wherein periodical massaging of hair with oils helps you grow healthy long black hair. Massage your hair coconut oil, herbal natural oil, or almond oil, for at least 20 to 30 minutes twice in a week for good results. Oils mixed with ingredients such as are very much beneficial in preventing your hair turn white.
Ayurvedic Hair wash
Shikakai – 1/2 kg (does not strip oils from hair)
Fenugreek – 1/4 kg (acts as conditioner)
Green Gram – 1/4 kg (cleanses scalp)
Curry Leaves – 1 bunch (cures gray hair)
Tulsi Leaves – 1 bunch (reduces dandruff and hair fall)
Reetha – 100gm (cleanses out excess oil with the lather effect)
Mix all the ingredients and store it in a container for future use.
Ayurveda hair packs
- Make a paste of 2 bundles of methi (Fenugreek leaves) + 2 tsp lemon juice + 4 heaped tsp curd. Apply this mix to your scalp and massage. Wash off after 20 minutes. Do this once in 15 days regularly you will have a bouncing black ultra-smooth hair.
- Soak 4 tsp Shikakai powder + 8 tsp Amla (Gooseberry) powder in lukewarm water at night. The next day morning apply this mixture on hair and scalp for at least 20 minutes and rinse off. You do not need a shampoo either as shikakai cleans the roots of the hair and fights dandruff while amla makes hair grow stronger from the roots and prevents premature graying.
- Many people complain lemon turns hair into white. Yes!!! It’s true. But lemon combined with other ingredients would not bleach your hair besides helps remove dirt, dandruff and fight against fungus/bacteria present on your scalp. Mix 1 cup coconut oil + 4 tsp lime juice. Apply this mix on the hair at a say before you take head bath more preferably at nights and wash off the next morning.
- Mix 1 cup buttermilk + 1tsp curry leaves. Apply on your scalp and massage gently. Wash after 30 minutes.
Amla is an excellent tonic for premature graying or whitening of hair and also prevents hair loss.
- Buy Amla from market cut into pieces, dry it in shade and boil in coconut oil until Amla pieces appears dark in color. This Amla oil can be stored in a container and used to massage when the scalp everyday.
- Mix 3 tsp Amla juice + 1tsp almond oil + few drops of lime juice. Apply to hair and scalp at nights and rinse in the mornings. This mixture is very beneficial in treating premature graying of hair and makes your hair silky smooth and jet black.
Mixture of coconut oil and curry leaves.
Mixture of buttermilk and curry leaves.
Ayurveda is a vast subject the list still goes on… catch you in next article with more natural secretes!!!
Natural ayurvedic hair care tips for natural looking black hair
Hot oil massage
You all must have coconut oil at home even if you don’t use it in order to get styling. Other oils include almond oil, olive oil, sesame oil etc. You can take any one variety of such oil and go ahead with hot oil massage. Instead of applying this oil directly on your scalp, it will be better if you can heat it little bit. Applying heated oil will create warm up sequence over your scalp and hair becomes nourished quickly. You also need to take the hot oil over the tips of your finger and massage it over your head in a circular motion. Getting black hair has its root from the hot oil massage.
You must have seen many people getting lumps of hair over the comb within and after the process of combing. This can be a reason behind aggressiveness in combing. Some people do not just comb but pulls their hair with the comb. This is a very bad practice. Hair gets weakened and gets lack of nourishment due to this process. As a result, it will give rise to hair fall and premature graying of hair. Instead you must be very gentle while combing.
Growing hair long
Some people have a conception that not cutting hair for a long time will make their hair long. But, this is a wrong concept. It has been seen that many people with hair long who have not cared of cutting their hair for a long time have split ends. Thus, it is necessary for all those to cut their hair rather trim their hair on a regular basis. Since the hair grows from the root, it will not affect the tail of hair in any ways.
Sometimes the hair supplements are also very beneficial for making hair look black naturally. Just like our body that requires supplements timely in order to boost the vital functions and total operation, hair also requires same type of supplements. If we have had maintained a healthy diet schedule for a long time, this wouldn’t have been a problem. But, due to a lot of adulteration, maintaining healthy diet becomes impossible today. Thus, it is important to get some supplements for your hair as well.
Biotin is regarded as one of the best hair supplements which is prescribed by the physician according to your hair condition. But, you have to be very cautious about its quantity. Rather, considering the amount of supplement is really very important. You can really maintain black hair naturally, if you can intake such supplements on a regular basis.
Carrot seed oil and sesame oil
If you are suffering from premature gray hair, an effective ayurvedic remedy is the perfect blend of carrot oil and sesame oil. For this, you need to make a mixture of 4 tablespoon of sesame oil and ½ teaspoon of carrot seed oil. Mix it with a spoon to create a wonderful mixture. Now, massage this oil on your scalp and even make sure that it touches the roots. After massaging wash it away with mild shampoo and lukewarm water.
Maintenance pack for black hair
If you are not having an intention to get your hair colored, it is obvious that you require tips to get black hair naturally. You can now get natural looking black hair along with wonderful shine in it. The face pack will include dry amla, henna powder, brahmi etc. Take all these ingredients ½ cup each in quantity and mix it really well. Apply it over your hair and get a wonderful result. Getting black hair naturally is now possible with this hair pack.