Women tend to use different hair straightening and ironing methods for straightening their hair, which makes hair dry, weak and damaged. Cysteine treatment is one of the modern and safest methods of getting smooth, silky and strong hair. It has derived its name from ‘cysteine’, which is an amino acid responsible for straightening and strengthening your hair.
Procedure of cysteine hair treatment
- Firstly, the stylist will wash your hair thoroughly and remove all the dirt and oil from it.
- Then your hair is set to dry for next 20-25 minutes.
- Further, the stylist applies cysteine complex smoothening cream all over your hair except the roots.
- With the help of a plastic film, your entire hair is covered and left to dry for 30 minutes.
- The next step involves drying your hair with the help of a hair straightner.
- Lastly, the stylist shampoo’s your hair and applies conditioner to it.
Cysteine hair treatment aftercare regime
Despite the fact that cysteine treatment is quite safe, you cannot do it if you have undergone any other hair treatments within the span of two months. You need to use special after care products such as shampoos, serums and conditioners suggested by the hair stylist. You need to avoid using hair products that contain sulphate as it reduces the effect of cysteine treatment and may damage your hair.
Cost of cysteine hair treatment
Cysteine treatment is a long procedure and the stylist or saloon person need to work on each strand of your hair. The whole process includes cream application, washing, straightening, and polishing. The cost of cysteine treatment depends on several factors such as hair length, choice of products, salon cost etc. Depending upon the hair length, cysteine treatment can cost you anywhere from Rs.5000 to Rs.12000 in a decent salon. Professional hair experts can even cost you more depending upon their skills and fees. If you do not wish to spend much on expensive salons or hair stylist, you can do it on your own with cysteine hair treatment kit. Also, keep in mind that you need to buy special hair care products after cysteine treatment that may range from Rs.1000-Rs.3500 depending upon the brand and quality.
Pros of Cysteine treatment
- It gives you shiny, smooth and straight hair.
- Your hair becomes frizz free and more manageable than before.
- It is safe, as it does not contain harmful chemicals formaldehyde.
- Unlike keratin treatment, your new grown hair will not curl up .Due to this the difference between your treated hair and ethnic hair is unnoticeable.
- The natural amino acid in cysteine product strengthens your hair and protects it from external damage.
- Even pregnant women and people with allergies can avail it with prior doctor’s approval.
Cons of Cysteine treatment
- It is expensive as compared to other hair treatments.
- You cannot use normal products, as you need to use special after care products that are quite expensive.
- The effect of the treatment lasts for 3-4 months only.
- You cannot do cysteine hair treatment if you have undergone any other hair treatments before 2 months.
- You need to limit the exposure of your hair to sulphate hair products and chlorine water.