Women wish to get wonderful hair style with machines or manual ways. Some women also try the rebonding techniques to convert their hair from messy to beautiful. But, if the rebonding does not take place in an appropriate way, this can give rise to clumsy and dull hair once again.
There was a time when people used to get fascinated towards the thick hair. But today, many woman wishes to get thinner hair. You can now get variety of hair bonding tips.
It is preferred by women who have thick hair which are difficult to manage. This method makes the hair straight by changing the inner layers of the hair with the help of chemicals. Safe hair rebonding must be done by expert hands in the salon.
Hair rebonding has become an important activity these days with the hair designers getting their art blown altogether. But, there are some techniques to look into with the advanced feature. Let us have a look at the systematic ways that helps individuals to go ahead with the rebonding techniques really well.
This article will help us find out the ways through which the technique adopted before and after rebonding is done in an effective way. Let us find out some of the rebonding tips for before and after the activity.
Process for hair rebonding
People have different types of hair like wavy, curly or straight due to the bondsbetween the protein molecules. Rebonding is the method of straightening the hair by changing the bonding.
Rebonding hair is performed by using two chemicals
- A cream softener or relaxant is applied to break the bonding of the hair and leaves it free to be formed in another manner
- A neutralizer is used to form the new bond that will straighten the hair.
Steps of rebonding
- A mild shampoo is used to clean the hair
- The relaxant or cream softener is then appliedfew millimeters away from the roots.It remains there for half an hourand thensteam ironed to loosen the bonds… The next step is to wash off the cream.
- The hair is divided into sections and straightened.
- The bonds are reset with the help of the neutralizer to the straightened hair.
- The neutralizer is washed off and the hair is blow dried.
The complete process takes about 5-6 hours. The process is safe if proper after care is taken as per instructions but some persons may be allergic to the chemicals. An allergic test must be done on few strands before rebonding the complete hair.
Hair bonding tips
- Do not wet after rebonding
Once you have finished up with the procedure of rebonding, you must be very cautious about its getting wet. It is advisable not to wet your hair for a period of 3 days. This is very important as within these 3 days, chemicals will soak and make your hair last for a long time. You just need to avoid party or social gatherings that can make your hair wet.
- Do not tie
Apart from avoiding water in your hair after the rebonding, another important fact that must be considered is tiding of hair. Do not tie your hair at all for a period of 3 days. Even avoid putting your hair behind your ears.
- Procedure of sleeping
It is important to keep your hair straightly places over your bed or make it dangle till the floors in a straight way. You must make sure that your head is not trapping your hair.
- Shampoo and conditioner
Using shampoo and conditioner of a good brand is very important just after these 3 days. It is important to use the shampoo and conditioner of the same company. It is essential to apply the conditioners till the tip of the hair for a period of 5 minutes. After that, you must wash off your hair and see there is no residue.
- Condition your hair once in a week
It is important to condition your hair which has been rebounded once in a week. You can also put a hair mask to get a glowing hair. It is important to keep the mask for some time. Now, you can easily wash it and get it towel dry. Hair conditioner and hair mask is very essential for your hair. This will bring back your shine in hair once again.
- No electric instrument
It is not at all good to heat your hair with electric instrument. It is not advisable to use even a hair dryer. You can use a cold source of energy to dry your hair. You can stand in front of sunlight and get your hair dried. It will be advisable to use brush for less time and softly so that your hair remains perfect even after years of rebonding activity. More movement in hair can cause tension.
Hair care tips before and after rebonding hair
The chemical treatment during rebonding hair disturbs the natural structure of the hair. Regular extra care is required after rebonding to protect the hair from damage
- It takes some time for the chemicals to settle and seep down. Hence no water must be applied for threedays after straightening them.
- The hair should not be tied or placed behindthe ears.
- Hair must be left straight while sleeping.
- Shampoo and condition the hair with cold water after three days. Do not use hot water as it will make the scalp dry.
- Heating tools like blow driers must not be used.
- The most important thing is to follow is not to change the hair style for six months after rebonding.
- All changes like colouring, streaking and highlighting of hair must be avoided for three months after rebonding the hair with chemicals.
- It is beneficial to have a hair cut before starting the procedure of rebonding. The hair must be trimmed regularly to prevent split ends after rebonding
- A special wide toothed comb must be used to remove the tangles in the hair.
- Shampoo should be done at intervals unless the hair becomes oily and frizzy.
- Keep the rebounded hair covered with a hat or umbrella from the harsh rays of the sun, rains and cold breeze.
- Use a serum to create a shield to protect the hair from environmental hazards
- Hair masks are helpful in keeping the hair moist and nourished.
- It is advisable to avoid or limit oily and fried foods to preserve the health of the hair.Include nuts, cashews, and almonds as these help in keeping the hair healthy.
Advantages and disadvantages of rebonding hair
Rebonding makes the hair soft, silky and straight. It gives a sleek slim look to the hair and the hair is easily managed.
The effects of rebonding straightening last for more than six months. Touch up can be done if the curling begins from the rootsof the hair.
The roots become weak and can lead to hair fall. Rebonded hair has to be left lose all the time and cannot be tied back. Hair styling in various ways is not possible after rebonding. The process of rebonding did again and again weaken the hair more and more. The rain water can further damage the hair because of the salts in it. The hair becomes dry and thick with the chemicals after rebonding. Regular conditioning will keep the hair healthy.
Hair rebonding tips for before and after rebonding hair
Hair rebonding techniques has effect over individual skin as the scalp layer of the head is also the part of your skin. Now, the ingredients used in the technique of rebonding might not suite the skin tone of every individual. Thus, the allergy test must be done to check whether the technique is suitable for your skin tone.
Application of hair rebonding cream
The hair rebonding cream is a necessity in the process as it is the main ingredient with the help of which the rebonding technique is availed. You must remember not to use the creams of rebonding over the roots of the hair. This can affect the hair follicles.
Care after rebonding
Once your hair is rebounded, the next immediate thing which you must do is caring your hair. Normally, we don’t get time to care our natural hair. This might give rise to variety of hair issues such as hair fall, dry hair, hair breakage etc. At the same time when your hair is rebounded, an extra care must be provided to those people with such hair. As a matter of fact, individual with rebounded hair needs much care.
No tiding hair
Just after the process of rebonding is done, you must make sure that there is no scope of tiding hair. You must be really cautious about your hair once you have adopted the hair rebonding technique. No tiding of hair will be allowed over here. This will be a stage when your hair gets a shape.