Are you looking for a magic brush to conceal all your blemishes? Well, you will find plenty of cosmetic products in the market that offer concealing benefits. However, once your wash off your face, the magic is gone. Therefore, you should look for something that offers effective as well as long-term benefits. In fact, it’s better to use remedies and Ayurvedic face packs that will remove the blemishes from the root.
Blemishes appear as a result of skin discoloration or formation of dark spots caused due to acne and pimple breakouts. Some other reasons can be genetics, hormonal imbalance, poor diet, unhealthy eating habits, inadequate skincare, effects of aging and prolonged exposure to UV-rays.
In order to get rid of these unwanted spots, people spend on different types of skincare products and facial treatments. However, the most effective solutions are there with the Mother Nature. Below mentioned are some home remedies to cure blemishes.
Almonds and milk face pack for blemishes
Almonds are rich in Vitamin E and can work as a great skincare potion. Milk contains lactic acid that helps in reduction of scars. Let’s see how to remove blemishes using them:
- Almonds can be used in two ways. You can apply almond oil on your face and neck in circular motion with the help of your fingertips. Let it stay for 15 to 20 minutes and remove the extra oil with the help of a wet wipe. Doing it regularly will help you a great deal.
- Another way to use almonds is – soak 7-8 almonds in water for 12 hours or more.
- Remove the skin of the almonds and grind adding a little milk to make a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on the blemishes. It’s better if you leave it overnight.
- Next morning wash with cold water. You should not expect instant results. You have to wait at least for 2 weeks to see the differences.
Blemishes remedy with potato
When it comes to getting rid of blemishes, potatoes are considered to be one of the cheap and best cures. Most of the skin care specialists also recommend the use of potato. How to use potatoes?
- Take a potato and slice or grate it.
- If you have sliced it rub the potato on the affected area for 10 min. Or else, put the grated potatoes over the scars and leave it for 10 minutes.
- You can do this 2-3 times a day to get better results.
Use mint leaves to reduce scars
Mint leaves work wonders on acnes by drying them up and cleaning the pores. When these leaves are applied externally, they can make sure scars go away gradually. Here is how you can use this foliage:
- Take some clean mint leaves. Grind them well using little water to make a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on the blemishes.
- Leave the paste on for 20 min.
- After 20 mins wash with cold water.
- You can repeat this once a week.
Try tomatoes for blemish removal
As tomato is loaded with antioxidants and vitamin C, it is one of the most effective cure for blemish removal. It can also improve your complexing and skin tone, if used on a regular basis. In addition, it also leads to the shrinkage of large pores and prevents your skin from the attacks of acne and pimples. Its high lycopene content also makes it a good option for removing suntan. Some steps for using tomatoes
- Take some fresh tomatoes. You can either take the juice or simply use the pulp.
- If you prefer juice, extract some by grinding it.
- Apply the juice or the whole tomato on the area and leave it for 20 min.
- Wash with cold water. Tomatoes when applied on blemish have bleaching effect.
Some magical ingredients for reducing blemishes
Apart from the options described above, there are many other cures for blemishes in the form of face packs. Most probably, you are eager to know them. Read on!
A magic from the granny’s box
Besan or gram flour is an age-old remedy from the ‘Granny’s Box’. It is beneficial for dealing with a number of skin problems, like skin darkening, blemish, lifeless skin and removal of unwanted hair. Besan has also been acknowledged as an integral element of many beauty and spa treatments. Most importantly, it is readily available and affordable too.
It is alkaline in nature. In order to balance the same, you should add lemon or yogurt before application. The blend of besan and lemon/yogurt not only cleanses, but exfoliates your skin too. Its antibacterial properties also add to its benefits.
More of your kitchen ingredients
Lemon juice, potato juice and cucumber juice are considered to be some of the most outstanding natural home remedies to remove Blemishes. You can combine one of this juice with Gram flour to make a paste. Apply this on your face for 20 mins and leave it for some time and wash off. You can apply a combination of lemon and tomato juice daily to reduce face blemish. You can also try a mixture of chamomile and lemon juice. Make a decoction by boiling chamomile and lemon juice with water. Cool it and apply daily. It helps reduce the blemishes to a great extent. A combination of Bishop’s weed and jasmine buds twice daily also helps in reducing blemishes.
These remedies are a part of the Ayurveda. So, there are no side effects. However, if you don’t get relief from your blemishes, then check with your doctor as soon as possible.