Hangnails can be one of the rare problems found among many individuals in the society. It is also an irritating problem that scraps your loved one with no reason. This will also cause pain and itching for you. It is also important to know the root cause of this problem. If your skin does not receive enough oil and gets exposed to water repeatedly, there can be a problem of hangnails. The skins that do not receive natural oil will easily become dead and dry. Wider exposure to water due to washing of dishes can give rise to this problem. You can now think of some home remedies that can remove the layer of dead skin. An effective seal in moisture can be eradicated by some home remedies.
Best home remedies to cure hangnails
You must have read about effectiveness of Almond in many health and beauty magazines. You can now get a wonderful remedy of hangnails. You have to grind almond to pieces to get a fine consistency. Now add some milk to soften the grinded almond. Now break an egg and include the egg yolk in the content. Now mix the ingredients really well to form a wonderful mixture. Now apply the mixture in both your hands along with your nails.
Massage with warm oil
There are many oils available at your home. Some of the oils include Almond oil, olive oil, lavender oil etc. In order to get relaxed from the problem of hanged nails, it is essential to make a mixture of 1 and ½ OZ of olive oil/ almond oil. Now, you must add 25 drops of skin healing essential oil. Some of the best choices include benzoin, chamomile and lavender. It will be more effective if you can add a piece of Vitamin A capsule in it. Now head this content and massage the same in your hand and hanged nails. You must store the content in a bottle and use it easily every day before going to bath.
If you have vegetable shortenings, this will also work effectively in curing your hanged nails. This helps in making the hanged nails very soft and places it in order. Since this vegetable shortening include solid fat, it is very effective in moisturizing skin layers. This is also very effective in keeping water sealed inside. But, you should remember not to shatter it too much which can make your hands and nails too much greasy. Just a thin layer of the vegetable shortening will be effective.
Many people keep on having the oatmeal to keep their body fit and slim. But, this is also quite effective in making your hanged nails in order. To prepare the scrub, you have to take 1 cup of oats that too old fashioned and rolled variety in a blender. Now you can add the powdered oats in a bowl. Now, you must rub it on your hands and between the finger nails. You can wash it away after sometime and apply a moisturizer.
Moisturizing the nail beds so the skin around the nail remains supple is an amazing way to prevent as well as cure hangnails. Honey can be a great agent of moisturizing. It can attract as well as retain moisture due to being natural humectants. It can also fight against infection and decline inflammation due to its antibacterial as well as anti-inflammatory properties. Potent antimicrobial properties can be found only in Manuka honey.
- On the area which is affected dab raw or manuka honey and leave it for few hours for the cuticles to soften. It is needed to be done daily until the problem is cured.
- Hangnails can also be prevented by applying honey on the nails every day.
Beeswax can soften and moisturize your nails along with strengthening it. It can also protect the skin from tearing if it is mixed with oil which forms a soothing layer.
- Take coconut oil, almond oil and mix one and one-half to two teaspoons of both the oil with three teaspoons of honey and three tablespoons of beeswax.
- In the microwave or double boiler melt this mixture.
- Then remove the heat and take some essential oils like tea tree, lavender and plantain or peppermint oil and stir it in.
- Apply this mixture on your nails and cuticles, leaving it overnight.
- Repeat this process on a daily basis.
Hangnails can be cured due to Aloe Vera’s soothing, healing and moisturizing attributes. Also mixing turmeric can prevent as well as treat hangnails which are infected due to both of them having antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- You can apply succulent fresh aloe vera gel which is extracted from the leaf of aloe on your hangnails and leave it for as long as possible. Repeat this daily for fast results.
- Mix one teaspoon of Aloe Vera gets along with a little bit of turmeric powder and apply it on the area which is affected. Leave it for minimum 30 minutes and then wash it off. Repeat this on a daily basis.
Skin which are dry and sensitive, for them use only mild natural clay that is the white clay. It supplies minerals for preventing and healing hangnails as well as exfoliates the skin.
- Mix one teaspoon of white clay as well as olive oil along with three drops of lavender oil.
- Massage on your nails the paste which is formed.
- Before washing, leave it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Repeat this twice a week on a regular basis.
Epsom salt is highly beneficial in case of treating hangnails. It removes toxins which are harmful and declines swelling and inflammation.
- In a cup of warm water add one teaspoon of Epsom salt.
- Soak the hangnails in the mixture for at least 15 minutes.
- Pat it dry and then apply an antibacterial ointment, covering it with a bandage.
- Repeat this process three to four times daily for two to three days or until the hangnails is cured.
Vitamin E oil
Vitamin E oil softens and moisturizes nail beds due to which it is considered to be an effective cure of hangnails. Also vitamin E oil prevents tearing of the skin.
- Apply vitamin E oil on the area which is affected and leave it till it is absorbed totally. Do this several times every day for getting rid of hangnails.
- You can also mix vitamin E oil with oils such as olive, castor or jojoba for applying it regularly.
- After you clip you nails put a drop of vitamin E oil on your nail beds so that hangnails can be prevented.