You probably know the lemon juice and toothpaste tip to get rid of pimples. You may also be aware of other common suggested remedies such as peroxide, tea tree oil, salicylic acid, and aspirin. Among the herbal solutions, green tea detoxifies your systems and prevents pimples. Applying mashed banana peels also work wonder with these nasty swellings.
The white uneven bumps that pop-up on our skin are called white pimples or milia. They are mostly caused due to hormonal imbalance, unhealthy lifestyle and improper diet.
White bumps are keratin filled cysts and are of two types: Primary milia and secondary milia. The improper development of the oil glands in the body responsible for the primary milia where as secondary milia caused due to trauma to the skin. In some cases the excess exposure to sun light also gives rise to milia. The best possible ways to avoid the milia is through avoiding the chemicals and limiting the heavy exposure to sun light.
Remedies to reduce white pimples
To kill the bacterial liquid which is contributing for the pimples use benzoyl peroxide. It aids in the removal of the dead skin, and it offers the bright and rejuvenating skin texture in its place. Benzoly peroxide comes under various concentrations, how ever a 2.5% concentration has the equal effectiveness with 5-10 percent solutions, and it is known well for its less irritating properties.
Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is an essential oil that helps to reduce the size of the pimple and its associated redness. Take a dropper and drop the tea tree oil on the pimple area, make sure you are not pouring more than amount. The bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of tea tree oil reduces the microbes that are trying to stay inside the pores.
The handy available home remedy to treat the white pimples and its redness and size is toothpaste. Apply a dab of toothpaste on the pimple zone and then leave it for the over night. It shows amazing effect on your pimple, it minimizes the size and redness with in the overnight. But before going to apply the toothpaste, read the list of ingredients it consists of. You are allowed to apply the toothpaste that contains silica( It dries the pimples) but be-careful to use the one with sodium laurel sulfate, which may irritate your skin.
It acts similar to benzoly peroxide and aids in combating with the bacteria which promotes the growth of the pimple. Put a little amount of salicyclic acid on the pimple affected area and leave if for about 8 to 9 hours. The ideal time to apply salicyclic acid is before going to sleep. It also makes the skin cells to shed fast and encourages the generation of new skin.
Aspirin with its rich anti-inflammatory properties helps the skin to act against the inflammation. Take one aspirin tablet and crush it in to powder, add it few drops of water and turn it into paste. Keep this paste over the affected area and let it shows its action on the pimples for few minutes. Rinse off the skin after it got dried. Try to do this process for two to three times a week to notice the difference.
Pick the natural astringents such as lemon juice, green tea, witch hazel or banana peel to make the pimple and its redness less noticeable. Citric acid present in the lemon reduces the bacteria that cause pimples and works like a natural skin lightener. Also try using pharmaceutical astringents which contain antimicrobial elements to fight with the pimples and its inflammation.
However, do you know that besides all these there are still more amazing ways to treat pimples with simple ingredients? Check out the tips here to find the one working for you.
- Sandalwood paste: In India, sandalwood paste is used on holy occasions. The point here is that it is so good and calming that it is seen fit to anoint Goddesses! Do you want to feel the same with a beautiful, blemish-free face? Now, you already know how to achieve it! Use sandalwood paste on the affected area before you go to sleep. Let the natural magic work its wonders when you dream and smile in your mind! Wake up, rinse your face, the pimple is gone, and you have returned to your dream look!
- Fresh garlic paste: Sandalwood paste exudes a very beautiful aroma. The same cannot be said about the pungent odor of garlic. However, both share their common power of killing bacterial infections. Garlic paste is a very powerful antidote to pimples. If you can withstand the smell, leave it over overnight. You may be surprised to see in the morning that it is not there.
Now, you can wash your face with a sandalwood soap, and the memories of pungent garlic are gone to the wind, just like the pesky whiteheads. It is not a good daytime remedy obviously as long as you live with folks who do not mind whether you are smelling like raw garlic or not!
- Egg white: You do not have to spoil the egg. When you are preparing it, just pick up a bit of egg white on your fingertips and apply it on the pimples. It works very well, but it won’t smell very well. Keep it as long as you can before you wash it and cover the smell with a good moisturizing lotion. Consider mixing a drop of lemon juice with egg white for better results.
- Try tomato pulp: Tomato pulp can be an excellent herbal remedy to relieve the pimples. Tomatoes are very high in antioxidants and these ingredients attack (to defeat) the germ infestation in your pimple area. Many home remedies also suggest using tomato face masks to deal with acne scars.
- Warm and cold water treatment: This is an innovative pimple treatment you can try. First, understand the science. Topical application of warm water expands the blood vessels and skin pores. Topical application of ice or cold water minimizes blood flow in the applied area and cause the swelling to subside. If you apply a little of warm water by cotton dab, the pimple may expand and you can zit it.
Try alternating the warm and ice treatment because constant application of the warm water can be uncomfortable. Use warmth more than the cold unless it zits. Wash the face with an antiseptic soap and apply ice to subside the residual swelling once the blood and pus are ejected. You can also freeze green tea into ice, and use it for extra relief.
- Mustard and honey mask: Have you tried the mustard and honey mask? Mustard works great for pimples because it has natural salicylic acid besides being a rich source of zinc, Omega 3 fatty acid, Omega 6 fatty acid, and vitamin C. The other ingredient of this face mask, honey, is also super rich in antioxidants. Use 1 tsp honey and about 1/8 tsp mustard powder to prepare a good pimple mask.
- Apple cider Vinegar: Apple Cider Vinegar is amazing! It is truly wonderful on how this common concoction offers so many benefits. Among its other uses, this vinegar solution works extremely well on pimple remission. Use a cotton swab to apply ACV on the pimples maximum twice daily.
- Clay mask: Buy MultaniMitti or fuller’s earth for making your clay mask. It offers deep cleansing of facial pores including getting rid of the pimples. Add a few drops of lavender oil for a beautifully relaxing experience.
- Precautions: Finally, consider this thought that it is better to not have the pimples instead of having them and treating them! Follow simple precautions such as avoiding too much oily food, using harsh cosmetics, not removing your makeup before going to sleep, and avoiding face washes every time you come home from the pollution.