Obesity is coming up as the next major health problem of the world, but being all skinny is not the way that makes you look or feel good either. Balancing between being too thin and obese is not a very difficult task, particularly if you are thin already and planning to gain weight by eating nuts and dry fruits.
In order to have a curvaceous body, gaining just the adequate weight is essential, and combining a nut and dry fruit diet with your regular dose of exercise and healthy food habits can give you the best results within the shortest time.
According to the USDA, as much as 200 calories can be consumed by eating just 1/4thcup of dry mixed nuts. The best part about consuming nuts is that the total calorie of nuts comes from a healthy distribution of protein, fat, carbs and fibers, ensuring that your body gets a healthy dose of all its primary constituents at one go. 1/4th cup of seedless raisins can produce as much as 110 calories and apart from protein, fat, carbs and fiber it also adds a good amount of sugar to the body, helping you to feel energetic instantly. However, the nutritional values of the nuts and raisins often vary depending on a number of factors.
Often they are added with extra salt, sugar or other ingredients to make them more appalling to the taste buds. We would like to point that in order to gain weight in a healthy way it is better if you consume the nuts and raisins in dry-roasted condition without being added with extra salt or sugar. Another interesting fact about nuts and dry fruits is that according to studies people who ate nuts at least twice a week are at significantly lower risk of obesity compared to those who do not. So having a regular dose of nuts and dry fruits is surely one of the best natural ways to gain weight while not becoming obese.
The nuts and dry fruits that you can consume to gain weight quickly include,
Cashew nuts do not only taste great to your taste buds, but they are great for your body too and if you are trying to gain some weight there can be hardly anything better than it. Read on to know what you can get from this nut.
- Protein and fiber: Cashew, being a nut has a good protein content and also supplies fiber to the body which is essential for a healthy digestive system. High calorie density coupled with high amount of dietary fibers make cashews ideal for weight management.
- The good fats: You must have heard about the monosaturated fatty acids, the good fats that actually help to maintain a good cardiovascular health. Cashews have a good amount of monosaturated fats and no cholesterol thus making a healthyfood for your heart too.
- Antioxidants: Cashews are filled with natural antioxidants that help you to stay fit and healthy and fights cancer and tumor cells.
- Magnesium and copper: You can get a good amount of magnesium from cashew. Magnesium is an essential salt for the body and works along with calcium forhealthy bones and muscles. Cashew is also a rich source of Copper which is an essential trace element for the body.
Apart from providing a good dose of healthy calories, cashew also ensures overall goodhealth which helps in quick weight gain without being obese.
Walnut is another dry fruit which can work as a source of great health and can help in weight management. Walnuts are rich in
- Omega 3: Walnuts are rich in natural Omega 3 fatty acids which have immense benefits for the body and all its systems. Omega 3 fatty acids nourishes the brain cells, prevents heart complications and helps in maintaining a good cardiovascularhealth, ensuring a overall well being.
- Antioxidants: Walnuts contain melatonin, a powerful natural antioxidant which can keep aging away.
- Others: The other constituents of walnut include proteins, dietary fibers, B vitamins, iron and a bunch of essential trace elements like phosphorous, magnesium, manganese and copper that ensures overall good health.
By supplying sufficient calorie to the body while maintaining an overall good healthWalnuts can help immensely in weight gain.
If you are trying to gain weight, almonds can be the best solution. The constituents of this popular nut include
- Monosaturated fatty acids: Almonds contains monosaturated fatty acids in high amount which helps in maintaining the best health of the cardiovascular system.
- Proteins and dietary fibers: Almonds are rich in proteins that are easy digestible and offers great energy to the body. Presence of dietary fibers in good amount ensures a better digestive health.
- Vitamins and minerals: Almonds are great natural source of Vitamin E, which work as a natural antioxidant and maintains the best health of your skin and hairs. This nut is also loaded with iron, and offers a number of essential trace elements like, potassium, magnesium and phosphorous to the body.
So, include this amazing nut in your daily diet and enjoy its best effects in weight management.
Pistachios can be highly effective for weight management and they also offer a good dose of other nutritional elements to maintain an overall good health. Pistachio provide the following to the body,
- Monosaturated fatty acids: These good fats help in lowering the cholesterol level in blood and promote good health of the cardiovascular system keeping heart problems at bay.
- Proteins and fibers: Pistachios are an excellent source of protein and they also contain dietary fibers in good amount, which helps in digestion.
- Carotenoids: Pistachios are rich in carotenoids, which is very beneficial for eyehealth and work as a natural antioxidant in the body.
Munching pistachios regularly can help you in weight gain as well as in maintaining a healthy body.
Quicken up your weight gaining process by including peanuts in your daily snacks. Peanuts give your body the following nutritional elements
- Fat: Peanuts are high in fat content and hence can help you to gain weight pretty quickly. However, the good thing about the fat of peanuts is that they are saturated fat and it contains no Trans Fat or cholesterol that can damage your body.
- Protein and dietary fibers: Peanuts are rich in protein and they offer a good dose of dietary fibers along with sugars.
- Vitamins and minerals: Peanuts are rich in Iron and Calcium hence can be very good for the overall health of the body. Peanuts also contain Vitamin C which is a natural antioxidant.
Raisins are dried grapes that make an inseparable part in dried fruits. There are different varieties of raisins depending on the variety of grapes that have been used in making. Raisins can be an excellent way to gain weight. The constituents of raisin include,
- Carbs and sugars: Raisins offer a good amount of carbohydrate and sugar to the body. The dry fruit is rich in glucose and fructose which gives instant energy to the body and also helps in quick weight gain.
- Fibers and antioxidants: Raisins have great antioxidant properties and are very good for the health of eyes. The dietary fibers present in raisin can be excellent for better digestive health.
- Vitamins and minerals: Raisins contain vitamin A, which is essential for a good vision and is vital for an overall good health. Raisins are rich source of Iron and Calcium hence can be ideal for people suffering from anemia or teeth issues. Presence of Boron in raisins also helps in better health of the bones and joints.
These delicious dry fruits are packed with nutritional value and can promote quick weight gain when included in proper quantity in regular diet. Dates give your body
- Protein and carbohydrates: Dates are rich source of carbohydrates and they also offer protein to the body. High dietary fiber content of this dried fruit prevents absorption of LDL in gut promoting a better cardiovascular health.
- Antioxidants: Dates contain flavonoid polyphenolic antioxidants. These antioxidants are highly helpful for maintaining a healthy body. Presence of Beta carotene, zea-xanthin and lutein makes dates an ideal dry fruit with the ability to fight cancer and cell aging.
- Vitamins and minerals: Dried dates have vitamin K and vitamin A in high quantity along with niacin, Vitamin B-6 and riboflavin which promotes metabolism enabling your body to gain weight. Dates include calcium and magnesium in high amount. It is one of the richest natural sources of phosphorous. Good amount of iron, copper, manganese and zinc are also present in dates.
Dates being able to supply high amount of calorie and promote the metabolism of the body are ideal dry fruits for quick weight gain. Dates also ensure an overall good health by supplying a good dose of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to the body, which promotes in quick weight gain.