Oily scalp is a result of excessive oil production by the sweat glands. The main symptom of oily hair is that the scalp appears greasy in a day or two after washing. The hair starts looking dirty, dull and stringy. There are chances of experiencing itching and development of dandruff.
The several factors that contribute to oily hair include heredity, stress, hormonal imbalances caused in women during menstruation, eating extra oily rich foods and improper care of hair. There are some home remedies that can help to keep the hair look fresh.
Have you ever noticed your hair which becomes oily though it was given with number of washes in a week!!! Inspite of washing your hair in the morning it reveals its originality of oiliness to the evening due to many factors. Oily hair results mainly due to the abnormal production of sebum. Sebum originates naturally in the body and it helps for hair softness and to waterproof the hair.sebaceous glands produces the sebum and when it is flowed over to the normal it calls for greasy and oily hair.
Oily hair not just sits in making the scalp oily but it develops the skin acne problems too.
There are two types of oily hairs as per the category divided.
Oily hair with complete oiliness from roots to the ends of the hair and oily hair with oiliness only at the scalp roots and dry hair to the remaining part of the hair. Here are few magical home remedies for the fluffy and bouncing hair without the much throw of money to the ingredients.
Most of the people have a critical problem of oily scalp, because of carbon deposit and dust from the environment. It is the time for you to be stable and corrective. Are you really bored of using the products available in the market? There is definitely an alternative solution you can avail in this situation. Yes, the home remedies will be safe as well as really effective. Lest find out some of the home remedies.
Hair care remedies for oily hair
- Oily hair remedy 1 – Is that your skin oily!! Go for shampoo on everyday to retain your hair clean and free from grease. While using shampoo take proper care in rinsing the hair as it reflects in becoming more oily and dirt.
- Oily hair remedy 2 – Prepare a conditioner with the aloe vera that works against the oily hair without pinning the new risks. Take the gel from the aloe vera and add it with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and one tablespoon of lemon juice. Apply it as a conditioner and it performs good for all the hair types.
- Oily hair remedy 3 – Select the shampoos that are particularly proven for results to oily hair. As normal PH level of a shampoo is 4.5, 6.7 and so for an oily hair it requires more than that.
- Oily hair remedy 4 – Be your own maker of the shampoo by mixing the shampoo with two tablespoons of aloe vera gel, two tablespoons of lemon extract. Refrigerate it for the forth coming days , the above prepare mixture longs for a week.
- Oily hair remedy 5 – Conditioners coat the hair so the people who are having oily hair must decrease their usage of conditioners, if it is must make use for just to the ends of the hair.
- Oily hair remedy 6 – If you are the often user of brushing the hair you will face few problems like extra hair fall and lose of oils from the scalp. So, don’t call for frequent brushing.
- Oily hair remedy 7 – If you are having problem with the smelling from the hair then dab some baby powder, leave it for few minutes and comb well, it absorbs the excess oil in the scalp and gives a pleasant feel for you.
- Oily hair remedy 8 – There are few ingredients that combats with the oily hair. In the list lemon extract, tea, beer that is diluted and cider vinegar takes the ruling places. Use these for a final rinse solution and don’t ever forget to rinse it with water after using them as they contains the acidic properties.
- Oily hair remedy 9 – Mix an egg yolk with few drops of lime. Apply it to wet hair and rinse it thoroughly for the instant results.
- Pick the best of the above that suit you well and stop worrying about oily hair problems!
Home remedies for oily hair
- Apple cider vinegar is found to be an effective home remedy for oily hair. The level of pH ismaintained by the ascetic acid in vinegar. After shampooing the hair, apply a solution made with a cup of water and apple cider vinegar and wash it off after a few minutes.
- Black tea contains tannic acid which is an astringent that prevents the Prepare a concoction of black tea by boiling, straining and cooling some black tea leaves in water. For 10 minutes. Apply it in the scalp and hair and wash the hair with a mild shampoo
- Baking soda possesses a quality to absorb oil from the hair and can also help in balancing the pH level of the scalp. Baking soda can help to remove the oil from the hair in two ways. Oneway is to just rub dry baking soda in the hair and brush them properly. Second way is to make a paste of baking soda with water and apply it on damp hair. Leave it for some time before washing with warm water.
- Aloe vera is very helpful in getting rid of the excess oil from the hair. It is rich in vitamins, minerals and enzymes which are helpful in detoxifying the impurities from the scalp and in reducing the production of oil from the sweat glands. The gentle and soothing nature of aloe Veraalso helps to nourish the hair follicles and keep the hair healthy. Prepare the shampoo by mixing aloe Vera gel in any mild shampoo and add a few drops of lime juice to it. This homemade shampoo can be prepared and stored in the refrigerator for about a week.
- Multanmiteor fuller’s earth is a perfect solution for oily hair. It helps in the circulation of blood in the scalp and in maintaining the balance of pH level of the scalp. Make apaste of fuller’s earth and water and apply it on the scalp and hair. Wash the hair with a mild shampoo after 20 minutes.
- Tomatoes help in controlling excessive oil from the oil glands and in keeping the balance of pH level of the scalp. Make a paste with fuller’s earth and tomato juice and apply it on the hair. Cover the head with a shower cap and leave it for half an hour. Then wash it off with cold water.
- Vodka is found to be an ideal tonic for nourishing the hair and in closing the pores to reduce the secretion of oil from the skin glands. After shampooing the hair with a mildshampoo, apply a cup of vodka mixed with double the amount of water and leave it for 15 minutes before washing.
- Bananas and honey are best ingredients to keep the hair oil free. Make a paste of banana and honey and apply it on the hair and scalp. Rinse well after 20 minutes.
- Dry shampoo using talcum powder or cornstarch or baby powder can be used to get rid of oil from the hair instantly. It will immediately give a grease free appearance to the hair. Sprinkle any one of the three ingredients into the hair. Leave it for 10 minutes before combing and brushing the hair.
Some additional tips to keep hair clean and oil free
- Rinse the hair thoroughly after shampooing to clean all the chemicals and residue on the scalp.
- Select a shampoo that is suitable for oily hair.
- Conditioners should be used only on the split ends of the hair.
- Vigorous and excessive brushing must be avoided as excessive brushing tends to stimulate the oil glands.
- Healthy hair can be maintained by adding foods that are high omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin A and proteins in the daily diet.
- Rubbing and scratching of the scalp must be avoided as it can lead to infection.
Tips to get rid of oily hair and scalp at home
Avoid hot temperature
You might not be very aware that the exposure of hair to a humid atmosphere can make your hair and scalp oily. It has also been proven that as soon as your hair gets bare to heat, oil and greasiness will show off. You can go ahead with some precautions in order to keep your hair away from heat. The first step will be not to wash hair with hot water. Also do not use hot dryers.
Another natural remedy that you can avail for your scalp and hair treatment will be the henna powder. You can get natural henna leaves in your environment. But, if it is not there you can get natural henna packet in the market. You need to take henna as per your hair length and soak it in warm water overnight. In the next day morning get up and see the henna getting changed color. Now apply it henna all over your hair even in your roots. Don’t miss a single hair strand. Let it dry for 1-2 hrs and wash it off with plain water.
The orange juice is also citrus in nature and can really help you when you have a problem with scalp getting greasy and sticky. In order to remove grease and oil from scalp, the most important thing that is required is the ingredient that has acid. But, the acid should not be so strong which can damage your hair or scalp. The best thing that you can do is apply the orange juice over your scalp and hair. Let it dry for 20 minutes and then wash away.