A well toned fat free body is very attractive and doubles the confidence of a person. You may be at work or at a ceremony or on a date, what makes your personality and appearance more eye catching is your body, only if you have a well toned structure. Your height may be around 6 ft and you have huge arms but what spoils the personality is the fat stored on the rib cage. The fat stored on the rib cage is directly close to the stomach. If you are a person having such fat located near or on the rib cage, then you have an increased rate of suffering from strokes and heart related diseases. To get rid of the excess fat stored on your rib cage, all you need to do is control your diet and practice few simple exercises on a regular basis. Target the serratus anterior muscles and the obliques for getting a leaner appearance around your rib cage area. These muscles are located on the sides of the body. Working-out on these muscles does not only shed the fat stored on your rib cage but, will also give a nice toned and tight muscular shape to your body.
Diet to follow
- Curb your caloric ingestion by 500 calories per day to lose around 400 gm a week. You can limit the calorie level in your body by regular exercise too. Make a detailed analysis of the entire calorie consumption and start cutting of foods with an enormous number of calories. Use any online resource or get a diet chart from a nutritionist if you need help for controlling the calorie consumption.
- Consume foods which have a low energy density like leafy greens, fruits, whole grains, lean meat, fish and vegetables. Shove off the foods that contain high saturated fat, sugar, excess oil and sodium such as crackers, cupcakes, deep fried onion rings, cookies, wings and processed packed foods.
- Drink water throughout the day and along with your meals to hydrate your body and keep the water content stable in your body. Stay away from beverages that are high in calories like sweet tea, energy drinks, slushies, soda, milkshakes and beer.
Exercises to do
Choose to perform cardiovascular exercise which suits your comfort and melt that extra fat stored on your rib cage. Execute any sort of cardiovascular exercise as long as it makes your heart rate rise-up and causes you to take heavy breathe. Kickboxing, jumping rope step aerobics, running, jogging, swimming and elliptical training are some examples of cardiovascular exercises which you can do to get rid of fat on rib cage. Set up a plan for 40 minutes to 1 hour workout on 3 alternative days in a week.
Single handle push down
- Place yourself in between the weight masses on a cable machine to carry out the single handle push-downs.
- Attach the handles to the highest settings and take hold of one handle in each hand and keep your feet at a distance of shoulder-width.
- Your body should form a “T” shape posture.
- Thrust the handles straight downwards to your sides and again raise them back up to the initial position until your arms parallel to the floor.
- Repeat this exercise with intervals of 2 minutes in 3 sets of 10 to 12 repetitions.
Abs wheel roll outs
- Go down on your knees on the ground to execute the abs wheel roll outs.
- Grasp the sides of the wheel on the handle and lay it on the floor right in front of you.
- Move the wheel forward as you lengthen your arms and lower your chest down toward the base.
- Bring to a standstill posture when your upper body is parallel to the base and roll yourself backwards to the initial position.
- Repeat this in 2 sets of 12 to 15 repetitions.
- To perform a set of bicycle crunches lie down on the ground.
- Set your hands on both sides of your head, lift your legs upward and bend your knees to get your shins level to the ground.
- Turn your right elbow and your left knee toward each other as you extend your right leg forward.
- Reverse the motion swiftly to aim your other side.
- Repeat for 15 to 20 repetitions in a single set.
Long arm oblique twist
- Take hold of a medicine ball to execute long arm oblique twists.
- Position your feet at a distance of shoulder-width and clasp the ball with both hands straight and parallel to your chest.
- Curl your torso to your right side as you move the ball to your right side.
- Follow the same motion and move the ball to your left side when you twist your body towards left.
- Carry on with the back and forth motion until you have done at least 15 to 20 repetitions total in a single set.
Resistance band seated row
- Sit down on the floor with your legs straight so that the knees and toes point towards the sky.
- During the exercise, keep your legs jointly and pressed resolutely into the floor.
- Drape a resistance band around the heel of each foot and hold onto the ends of the band.
- Sit straight so that the spine is at 90 degree and slot in your core muscles by pulling your belly button back toward the spine.
- Now, bend your elbows and draw them toward your upper body and then pull behind the body, until your fists are in a parallel line along either side of your torso.
- Hold for 5 seconds and let loose, extending your arms back to the preliminary position.
- Execute 3 sets, each of 12 to 15 repetitions.
- Get down on the floor on all fours with your wrists beneath your shoulders and knees beneath your hips.
- Put your forearms on the floor, align your elbows under your shoulders, rest your palms on the floor and extend your fingers wide.
- Step back on both feet to balance yourself on forearms and toes. Hold your abdominal muscles and lift your hips upward so the entire backside of your body creates a long straight line.
- Seize the plank for 45 seconds to 1 minute, complete 3 sets of such plank with regular intervals.
- Get down on the floor and position your body on your left or right side, so that your hips and feet are stacked up on each other.
- Put your right or left forearm on the floor for balance and rest your right or left palm on the floor too.
- Press the base of your right or left foot on the floor and lift up your hips and the entire right or left side of your body off from the floor.
- Hold the side plank for 45 to 60 seconds.
- Follow the left side for left side plank and right side for right side plank.