Women with oily skin are very self-conscious of their looks. Most of the time oily skin has coarse pores and pimples and the skill has a dull, shiny and thick look. The skin producing glands of this skin are overactive and excess oil oozes out on the skin giving it a shining look. It is common feature of these glands getting overactive in during puberty in boys as well as girls.
This condition normally subsides during adulthood but in some cases it can persist and can create other skin problems like acne and pimples. It is a condition of the skin that can occur at any age and due to several other reasons.
As a skin care professional, I’ve been seeing an epidemic lately–an outbreak of oily skin. Have you seen it, too? Clients are experiencing innovation shine, surplus oil and noon makeup collapse in expanding numbers. And it’s not just those with factual oily skin types.
So what’s the origin for this upswing in oil production? Now more than ever, clients are searching for the answers to turn back the clock; and, in the process, they may be indirectly imitating their own surge in oil output as their skin endeavors to defend itself. Let’s take a closer gaze at some of the oily skin determinants.
Here are the best reasons for oily skin
- Genetics: When oily skin runs in the family, possibilities are that every member will have larger sebaceous glands that make excess oil. Any skin that’s genetically oily is more expected to include clogged pores and breakouts.
- Hormonal changes: In women, fluctuations of hormone androgens all through life (i.e., pregnancy, peri- and pre-menopause) can kick sebaceous glands into high gear.
- Medications: Hormonal birth command and hormone replacement medications can cause an increase of oil output. Likewise, effectively any medication can cause dehydration and lead to a production of excess oil when skin overcompensates for the need of oil.
- Overuse use of skin care goods: In the quest for younger-looking, smoother, coherent skin, purchasers may over cleanse, over exfoliate, scrub with too much force or apply too much product.
- Use of incorrect skin products: For demonstration, if a client utilizes a cleanser for oily skin when she has blend skin, her skin will become over-stripped of the oil it desires. It will then make even more oil in answer to compensate.
- Cyclic alterations: A rise in heat and humidity throughout spring and summer can cause skin’s oil output levels to boost. In contrast, when the air becomes dry in winter, skin can get dehydrated, and surplus oil may happen when it overcompensates for what’s missing.
- Use of unnecessary skin care devices: Scrubbing with a clean cloth, or using a rotating cleansing brush, hand mitts, buff puffs and strips can not only irritate skin, but can dry out skin, initiating it to overproduce oil to compensate.
- Tension: In answer to stress, the body makes more androgen hormones, which leads to more oil production.
- Sun tanning: Tanning is awful for decreasing oil. In detail, whereas it may for the time being dry out the skin, it actually initiates a wound answer, which determinants the sebaceous glands to surge production of oil in order to defend the skin’s surface.
Reasons for getting too oily skin
There is several skin care products available in the market for use on oily skin. But these products contain some harmful chemicals which can damage the skin. One must be careful on choosing cosmetics that are oil free. Overuse of cosmetics to remove the makeup can also harm the skin and make it oily.
Humidity in the atmosphere during monsoon makes the skin sweat. Sweating leads to production of excessive oil by the glands and make the skin oily. Impurities accumulated on the skin by pollution, dirt and dust in the summer season also tend to make the skin oily.
Diet plays a very important role in making the skin oily by increasing the production of sebum from the skin glands.
Medicines like oral contraceptives can also change the hormone levels and lead to increase in oil production. Steroids given for some severe infections cancause oily skin I as oneits several side effects.
Stress in the mind is a very common culprit to produce excess oil on the skin.
Age is major factor that brings changes on the skin. A hormonal fluctuation during middle age is also responsible for the oily skin in those times. As women advances in age she faces the period of menopause in which the hormonal levels go down leading to excess production of oil from the skin glands. Hormonal treatment given during menopause also helps increases the levels of hormones which can have an adverse effect on the skin. Radiation treatment or medicines to cure tumours can also bring changes in the hormonal levels. Similar hormonal changes during puberty contribute to excess production of oil from the sweat glands. Besides making the skin oily these bring changes on the body also like change of voice, growth of hair on several parts of the body.
Oily skin passes down from the parents, hence hereditary factor is taken as the prime factor. It can aggravate with oily skin. It can be in control with change in lifestyle and change of diet. If the condition changes from time to time the reason can be linked with hormonal disturbances.
Pores on the skin help to secrete the oil produced by the sebaceous glands andallows proper sweating to maintain the body temperature. When this function is carried smoothly the skin does not become oily. But for some reason if the pores getclogged there is the risk of the development of pimples and blackheads.
Menstrual cycle in women the hormonal level also changes during the menstrual period of women every month. These changes tend to stimulate the oil glands which at times lead to breakouts just before the periods.
Irregular menstrual circle
The reason for getting oily skin can be many. One of the reasons can be the irregularity in the menstrual circle. Many girls and women are seen to visit the gynecologist’s chamber. It is because of many problems related to women reproductive system. Irregularity in menstrual cycle is also one of the reasons behind it. Now, this irregularity gives rise to the oily skin as the hormonal imbalance gives rise to excessive oil secretion.
Sometimes the climatic condition can be another reason behind the formation of excessively oily skin. The experts says that alteration in the sweat glands can take place and that too take place in different climatic condition. For example, if you are staying in a place where the cold wind blows with chilled weather, there will be least scope for the sweat glands. But, in a temperate region when the humidity is high, the sweat glands would become active and start secreting.
Lack of hydration
Most of the females have the tendency of not drinking water throughout the day. Thus, their body does not get enough water which is needed. The oil take a majority place and disrupts the entire process. It is also a reason why people stay with excessive oil over the skin. The best way to check this problem will be drinking as much water as possible. It is important to drink at least 2-3 liters of water in a day so that your skins can breathe without getting too much of oils.
Are you consuming too much of fast food? This is the time for you to have some restriction in the fast food consumption. The excessive amount of oily snacks can not only make your skin penetrate too much of oil but also initiate the development of stomach problem. The digestion process will not be initiated on an easy way. If the system is not clean and does not work in a proper way, there will be a good chance that your skin can excrete excessive oil over and above your face.
Skin care for oily skin
- Oily skin needs regular cleansing with soap and hot water toprevent the pores from getting clogged.
- Skincare products containing harsh chemicals must be avoided to prevent the skin from getting dehydrated. Oil free moisturizers and oil based cleansers are the right choice for oily skin.
- A person with oily face must wash the face with hot water because the oil on the skin gets dissolved in hot water better than in cold or lukewarm water.
- Oily skin needs to be carefully exfoliated with a natural exfoliator at least twice a week. Lemon and salt are the best exfoliators for oily skin.
- Clay or mud masks are perfect for an oily skin because they contain the properties to cut the grease effectively.
- A balanced diet that is rich in proteins,vitamins and other nutrients, but less in sugar and salts is best for oily skin. Fried and processed foods and fatty foods must be avoided.
You can now remove oily skin completely with several home benefits. After knowing the actual cause, remedy can be found out.