Vitamin D has a great role in rebuilding and restoring human health. The correct amount of Vitamin D helps in normalizing the level of blood pressure.
It has been noticed that constant exposure to UVB and UVA rays for at least three months as helped in increasing the level of Vitamin D to an amount of hundred percent. The Vitamin inclusion even helps in correcting level of hypertension.
In veteran medical centres it has been tested that the intake of 645 IU of Vitamin D each day together with 4 grams of cereal fibre has reduced the chance of precancerous colon polyps.
Women taking regular doses of Vitamin D and those who consume 400 International Units of multivitamin supplements have 40% less chances of suffering from multiple sclerosis.
There are more instances you can share regarding the importance of the particular vitamin type. Commonly it is known that exposure of the skin to the UV rays of the sun helps in normal production of Vitamin D.
Good food is a good source of vitamin D
Good food is always a secret to stay healthy and fit. This is the reason it is recommended that you eat foods rich in Vitamin D content. It is important for you to know that level of Vitamin D in the body help in the absorption of calcium.
It also initiates cell growth and bone development. The right intake of vitamin D can cause neuromuscular functioning. The vitamin even helps in perfect immune functioning.
However, it should also be seen that too much of vitamin D is not taken as this will increase the absorption of calcium giving way to the possibilities of increased heart disease and you can even have stones in kidney.
Oily Fish is a good source of Vitamin D. You have lots of varieties mentioned in the list and these are smoked salmon, canned trout, swordfish, smoked white fish, salmon, canned and usual Mackerel, canned tune in oil, Herring, Halibut, Sardine and the rest.
Mushrooms and Portobello are rich sources of Vitamin D. As part of the list you have Morel, Chanterelle and Oyster. Good Tofu in all varieties like Lite Silken Tofu, Sprouted Tofu, Extra Firm Tofu, and Firm Tofu contain good amount of Vitamin D.
Caviar is also a perfect source of the same. All the fortified cereals are good sources of Vitamin D. You can even make cod liver oil and mushrooms as part of your diet to have vitamin D in the right form.
The causes of vitamin D deficiency
In case you want to avoid the rays of the sun and you have the tendency to suffer from milk allergies, or it may be so that you are strictly oriented to a vegetarian diet, then there are chances that you can suffer from Vitamin D deficiency.
The other name for Vitamin D is Sunshine Vitamin. There are several causes why you may suffer from the lack of the specific vitamin type.
- In case you need vitamin intake and you behave negligibly then there are chances that you may have the deficiency.
- It is not good to have a complete vegetarian diet as most animal food contains rich of the vitamin and therefore it is recommended that you have a balanced intake of food.
- An extremely limited exposure to sunlight can cause deficiency of Vitamin D. Your body naturally makes vitamin D when exposed to sun and this is the reason it is not safe to stay home bound.
- In case you have a dark skin texture then the skin loses the ability to make Vitamin D when exposed to the rays of the sun. This is the reason you would find that dark skinned elders are more prone to vitamin D deficiency.
Symptoms of the deficiency of vitamin D
Your health can be at great risk in case you are suffering from Vitamin D deficiency. However, there are probable symptoms to look for. If there is pain in the bone and when your muscles become weak it is sure that you have deficiency of the said vitamin.
- Lack of vitamin D enhances the risk of cardiovascular diseases and this can ultimately result in death.
- Deficiency of the vitamin can even lead to cognitive impairment in case of aged people.
- Deficiency of Vitamin D can cause asthma in both adults and children.
- The deficiency of the particular Vitamin can be a reason of cancer.