Is premature ejaculation stopping you from enjoying a fulfilling sex life? Do you think the time has come when you should start taking it seriously? We suggest it is always best to take things seriously from the very start, because that can ensure quick cure and least suffering. While visiting your doctor and making some lifestyle changes can be actually effective in stopping premature ejaculation, yogasanas can also be highly helpful to get quick results. Yogasanas involve both your body and mind, and aims for complete wellbeing. At one hand it helps you in gaining better control over your body and also helps in relieving stress and anxiety which can be the real culprit for premature ejaculation. Different yoga poses also help in strengthening the muscles of the pelvic area which can promote better control over the penile muscles.
Here is a collection of some yoga poses that can be most effective to cure problems like premature ejaculation in male. Practicing these poses properly and regularly can give you effective results within minimum time. However, it is always suggested to consult with an experienced yoga teacher to get the best results.
Bhaddha Konasan or the butterfly pose can be very effective to increase the blood flow in the pelvis, back and abdominal region. It also works as an effective hip-opener and can be most helpful for people suffering from problems like premature ejaculation. This asana is believed to be helpful for curing infertility and pain or heaviness in the testicles. Here are the steps of doing this asana,
- Sit on the floor with your spine erect and bring the soles of your feet close to each other bending your legs from the knees. Your feet should touch each other fully.
- Hold both your feet with your hands and try to bring them as close as possible to your body.
- Start flapping your legs up and down just like the wings of a butterfly without causing vibration to your whole body.
You should do this asana at least for 3 minutes at a time and it is best to practice it 2-3 times a day. Though it is always better to practice asanas in empty stomach, many suggest that this particular asana can be practiced any time.
Dhanurasana or the bow pose increases blood flow to the back and abdominal muscles. It helps in stimulating the reproductive organs in both males and females. This asana can be highly helpful to relieve stress and also to treat renal disorders. Dhanurasana can also be effective to prevent premature ejaculation in males. The steps are,
- Lie down flat on your stomach exhale deeply and bend your knees to bring your feet over your body.
- Hold your feet with your hands and raise as much upper and lower part of the body as possible to make the bow shape.
- You might find it a bit difficult to reach the perfect bow shape, when only your lower abdomen stays in contact with the floor, right after you have started practicing, but with time it will become much easier.
- Once you reach the maximum position hold it for 30 seconds and then slowly get back to the starting position.
- Maintain normal breathing while doing the asana and holding the pose.
Repeat the pose 3 times consecutively, with 1 minute breaks in between. You can also practice other asanas in-between as per your choice. You can practice it 2-3 times a day.
Sarvangasana or the shoulder pose is another asana that is often suggested for curing premature ejaculation in male. This pose helps in strengthening the abdominal and pelvic muscles and also helps in better blood flow in the body. This asana is also very effective for curing spinal pain or problems. However, it is best to do this asana under the supervision of an accomplished master. The steps involved in Sarvangasana are,
- After your legs reach at around 60 degrees from the floor use your hands to raise your hips and lower back to reach a vertical position to the ground.
- Now start raising your legs vertically without bending them from the knees.
- Lie flat on your back keeping your legs together.
- You can use your hands for holding your waist up and place the body weight on your shoulders.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds and then lower your waist, hips and legs slowly.
Do sarvangasana only 1 time a day to start with and then you can increase the number of repetitions as you get more comfortable with it. You should do sarvangasana only after 3-4 hours of a large meal.
Uttanapadasana or the raised leg pose is best suggested for any kind of stomach and abdominal problems. It strengthens the abdominal organs as well as the back and hip muscles which can be helpful to prevent premature ejaculation. It also cures back pain and improves the functioning of the reproductive organs. The steps involved are,
- Lie flat on your back and place both of your hands at your sides. The palms should be facing downwards so that they can help in maintaining the balance.
- Now take an inhalation and slowly lift your legs at an angle of 45 to 60 degrees from the floor. Make sure that your legs are not bent from the knees or from the ankle.
- Hold this position for 20-30 seconds and then get back to the laying position slowly.
- Continue normal breathing while performing the asana.
This is a simple asana that can be effective to cure the problem of premature ejaculation and you should do it at least 5-8 times continuously at one stretch, with or without in between breaks. Repeating the asana once in the morning and once in the evening is best suggested.
Brahmacharyasana or the Celibate’s Pose can be an effective treatment for curing premature ejaculation in male. This asana increases blood flow to your lower abdominal and pelvic region and can be very helpful in strengthening the penile muscles. This asana is also known for giving you more control over the penile muscles. The steps are,
- Sit on the yoga mat or carpet with your knees folded.
- Your knees should be touching each other at the front, while both the feet should be pointing outwards and will remain apart at the back.
- Now lower your body in the gap created by your legs. Your hips should be touching the ground.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds before slowly taking your body up and unfolding the legs.
Do this asana 5-6 times consecutively and you should practice it once in the morning and once in the evening to get the best results.
Garudasana or the Eagle pose can be highly effective in strengthening your pelvic, hips and thigh muscle which can give you much better control over ejaculation and penile movement. By performing garudasana regularly you can also strengthen up your thighs, shoulders and arms. This asana is also known for increasing blood flow into your reproductive organs. The steps are,
- Stand straight on your legs.
- Lift the left leg from the ground by bending the knee and then twist it around the right leg as shown in the image. You will need to bend the right knee as well to hold the position.
- Once you are comfortable with standing on single leg, now take your hands forward and twist the left hand around the right just as you did it for the legs.
- Hold this position for 10-15 seconds and then get back to the normal standing position slowly.
Repeat this asana 6-8 times with short in between breaks. Practice the asana once in the morning and once in the evening. This asana can also be helpful to give you relief from joint pains.
Bhujangasana or the Cobra pose is known as one of the most effective asanas for treating gynecological disorders in both men and women. It increases blood flow in the body and can be highly helpful to cure problems like premature ejaculation. This asana is also related to thyroid health which ensures better control over your body. This pose is also known for relieving the nerve cells which can directly aid in problems like premature ejaculation. Read on the steps to know how to do this asana properly,
- Lay flat on your stomach keeping your legs together.
- Place the hands beside your shoulders, with the palms downwards. So, that they can take the body weight and can help in maintaining balance.
- Take a deep inhalation and while inhaling raise your body upwards. Your body should ideally bend from the naval region and you should try to look at the ceiling when at the maximum position.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds and then slowly lower your body.
Repeat the pose 3-5 times at a single go or with short in between breaks. Practice twice in a day along with other asanas to get the best results.
Gomukhasana or the cow faced pose apart from being a simple asana that can do miracles in relieving stress, can also be effective in having better control on ejaculation. This asana works by strengthening the lower body muscles and can be an ideal way to treat sexual problems. To do this asana follow the next steps,
- Sit on the floor with your spine erect.
- Bend your left leg and bring it under your right buttock.
- In the next step, fold your right leg and place it over your left thigh. Both your knees should be placed one at the top of the other.
- Now fold your left arm from the elbow and take it to your back, the hand should be extending upwards.
- Fold your right arm and bring it to your back from over the shoulder to hold the other hand.
- Keep your posture erect and maintain the position for 30 seconds or till the time you are comfortable.
- You should repeat the asana by interchanging the positions of the hands and the legs to complete one set.
If you are holding the pose for more than 30 seconds, repeating one set twice will be sufficient for one time practice. Practice it twice along with other asanas mentioned above for the best outcome.
Note: While doing any of the yogaasanas mentioned above, always keep in mind that yogasana is not an exercise and it is not about doing things quickly or doing more of it. It is all about doing it the right way and holding the posture perfectly. It is often suggested to perform savasana in between the other asanas to ensure better effects on the body and mind.