Natural black hair has a beauty of its own. Moreover, in the current scenario, when the environmental pollution is increasing rapidly with every passing day, premature greying has become a common hair problem for all.
There are obviously the black hair colors that one can use to get black hair but it is not a long time remedy and moreover, once you start using these hair colors there are no looking back.
No matter how much an expensive brand of hair color you are using, these colors are sure to destroy the natural pigments of your hairs over time and make your hairs grey.
In addition to that, often these colors are not safe for your eyes and skin. So, opting for ways to make your hairs black naturally is only wise.
The reasons behind gray hair
There seems to be an endless number of reasons as to why our hair starts to turn gray. The ever-changing unhealthy form of our lifestyle seems to be the major culprit behind this problem. Pollution, stress and the chemicals present in different beauty products are also some of the major reasons to blame here.
Are you sure about coloring your hair?
Yes, we are all attracted to the ways these million-dollar companies advertise their products on different social media. But, are these products worth it?
These hair dyes (that come in so many different shades of color) ruin the texture, quality, and volume of your natural hair. So, start walking away from these attractive brands that can do more damage than you can ever contemplate.
Here we have provided the top home remedies to get black hair naturally,
How to make hair black naturally?
Most of the people are fond of the thick black hair. But, at the same time, wise people do not wish to spoil their hair with the application of hair coloring products available in the market. The best way of getting thick and black hair will be to restore the natural solutions.
If you take a look at your home kitchen, there are wide number of ingredients that works brilliantly in making your hair thick in every season. You can get some time to get naturally thick hair with the home ingredients present.
Home remedies to make black hair naturally
- Henna, soap nut and shikakai
- Indian gooseberry and hibiscus flower
- Black tea
- Sage water
- Henna catechu
- Earth water
- Henna, gooseberry and soap nut
- Sesame seeds
- Triphala and bhringraj
- Ghee with mulethi
- Mango stones
- Orange juice
- Lemon juice and coconut oil
- Onion paste
- Indian gooseberry and Shikakai
- Henna with Indian Gooseberry
- Licorice and butter pack
- Rosemary and sage
- Coconut oil
- Herbal remedy with egg
- Lemon with almond oil
- Curry leaves with coconut oil
- Onion with lime
- Ribbed gourd
- Sesame and castor oil
- Avoid junk food
It is another herbal henna dye.
- 1 bowl henna
- 2 tablespoons Indian gooseberry
- 1 tablespoon shikakai
- 1 tablespoon soap nut
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon curd
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- Mix all the ingredients in the bowl and make a paste.
- In the morning, apply this paste on hair and wait 1-2 hour constantly, then rinse the hair with normal water.
- Use monthly 2-3 times and it will help you to turn your white hair into natural black.
People can use its dry leaves on their hair! People need to crush the leave and mix it well with the soap nut and applied to your hair. If you daily use this application, it will make your hair healthy and shiny. It will reduce dandruff and make your hair black.
- Indian gooseberry
- Take Indian gooseberry and crush into small pulp.
- Then mix with the gooseberry with the hibiscus juice and apply on your hair.
- After 30 minutes rinse your hair with normal water.
- And your hair becomes black.
Undoubtedly, one of the most effective home remedy to turn your white premature hair into luxe black is by applying black tea bags into your hair.
- Black tea bags
- You need a few black tea bags and boil them in the water for some time.
- Now, strain the mixture by filtering out and apply the content on your hair and scalp evenly.
- This mix is loaded with antioxidant and antiseptic properties that helps in reviving the brittle hair follicles.
- You must repeat this gorgeous hair pack at least twice a week for effective results and rinse your hair with cold shower.
Sage leaves are enriched with antiseptic and antioxidant properties that help in promoting natural hair growth thereby preventing hair loss and premature greying too.
- Sage leaves
- Take a few sage leaves about a handful and soak them in water.
- Boil these leaves for some time and later put them in a bottle with a nozzle to gently spray them on your hair every time you oil your hair.
- Post this, rinse them with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this twice or thrice a week for amazing results.
An age-old Indian ancestral hair home remedy is to apply a luxe rich mix of henna with coffee powder, curd, lemon juice, catechu and gooseberry.
Henna has been used by Indian women since time immemorial for longer thicker and black hair. It must be poured in a bowl made of plastic, wooden or steel since it is highly-reactive.
- Mix all the content until you get a thick rich paste.
- Coffee easily neutralizes the reddish color that henna exudes.
- So, you can add more coffee if you please.
- Now, apply the mix on your hair and practise this at least twice a week.
- Henna is known for its natural hair repairing properties.
This may seem to be a little gross but trust us, it works wonder for people with premature greying.
- Dig your garden and fill a bowl with mud and mix it with water to filter the germs and insects.
- You may use cotton cloth or even sieve to filter the content and water, apply it evenly on your hair.
- Rinse it with cold shower later.
- This will gradually help in avoiding sleeplessness, headaches and you can flaunt luscious long black hair.
This is our grandmother’s favourite hair remedy to achieve black, fuller, thicker, longer and stronger hair. You won’t believe us, so give it a try!
- Soap nut (Reetha)
- Coconut oil
- Lemon juice
- Take equal parts of all these ingredients: henna, gooseberry, soap nut (Reetha), coconut oil, vinegar, lemon juice and shikakai.
- Use an iron bowl since it oxidizes and helps in producing a thicker darker paste.
- Now, apply this paste all over your hair and rinse it with cold shower.
- Make sure you repeat this consistently for stronger and darker hair naturally.
- And don’t forget to apply coconut oil post this process to nourish the goodness of these ingredients and retain them for long.
- You can wash your hair the following day.
Sesame seeds are very household staple and easily available in the market, if possible, get your hands on the black sesame seeds for they contain more nutrients and vitamins as compared to the white sesame counterpart.
- Sesame seeds
- You need to soak Sesame seeds in water and later mask them using a mixer or food processor.
- Apply this gorgeous mixture on your scalp and hair.
- This will eventually result in natural black dark hair with a better quality in terms of hair growth and hair lustre.
- So, you can continue using this remedy.
This is another one from the grandmother’s treasured casket of glorious cascading long thick hair remedy.
- Bhringraj juice
- Soak triphala and gooseberry slices into the bhringraj juice overnight.
- Drink the mixture the next morning after drying the mixture out.
You must have heart about the positive effects of Amla on millions of people. Many hair oils and hair care products are made with Amla extract in order to make the hair black, shiny and glowing. But, raw Amla can also be used for making your hair naturally black.
- 2 tablespoons of Amla powder
- Lemon juice
- You have to take half liter of water and put two tablespoons of Amla powder in it.
- Now add some lemon juice in the solution.
- It is a wonderful solution to make your hair black if you wash your hair with this solution daily.
- 1 kg ghee
- 1 liter Amla juice
- 250gm mulethi
- You need to take 1 kg of Ghee or clear butter, 1 liter of Amla juice, and 250gm of mulethi and heat all these in a low flame.
- Let the water evaporate from the mixture.
- Now, you will get the actual content you are looking for.
- Now, store the mixture in a glass container.
- You can use this hair mask everyday before going for a hair wash.
You must be surprised to learn the fact that, even the raw mango is helpful in gaining black color of your hair.
- Mango leaves
- To make a mixture, you have to peel off some unripe mangoes and add some mango leaves with it.
- Now put them in mixture and blend them very well by adding some oil.
- Now, you need to keep this mixture in exposed to sun for a long time.
- You can apply this paste and get wonderful natural solution.
- Mango stones
- You can also apply the oil of mango stones in your hair to get black hair.
- This is also very good for people having grey hair.
- It magically turns the white hair into black color.
- If you can apply this before age, this will stop the hair to become white very fast after eradicating the harmful effect of dandruff.
Orange juice is also very effective to get healthy and thick hair. You can add some Amla with the orange juice to get thick as well as black hair.
- Amla powder
- You can peel off orange and mash it so that it can be converted into pulp.
- Now add some Amla powder in it and mix it very well.
- You can also view the change in color of orange once mixed with Amla.
- This works brilliantly to create black and thick hair.
This is an age old remedy to treat black hair totally from the root which must have been suggested by our grandparents.
But, sooner it brings out wonderful result by not only making your hair black but also helping in removing dandruff within your scalp and strengthening the root of your hair.
- Coconut oil
- Lemon juice
- You need to take adequate quantity of coconut oil in a container and set it over heat such that it is warm in appearance.
- Now squeeze half of lemon into it and make a mixture.
- Apply this solution over your hair such that it touches your hair root as well.
- Massage your hair in such a way that not a single strand of hair is left out.
- Use your fingertips to massage the scalp and get gray hair white naturally.
Gooseberry has got great benefits of treating any type of problems faced by your hair. Along with hair problems, this wonderful natural fruit is also effective in treating variety of healthy conditions.
You can get solid fruit or in a powdered form in the market. If you are going to treat the problem of gray hair and replace the same with black hair, the powdered form will be the best solution.
- 2 teaspoons gooseberry
- To make the solution you need to combine two teaspoons of powdered dried gooseberry and a half lemon squeezed inside.
- Mix them and apply slowly over your hair touching its roots.
- It is very important to massage your scalp adequately such that the solution touches every part of hair.
- You can do this before half hour of going to bath.
Many people must be afraid of cutting onions as it has a very strong flavor that tends to burn your eyes. Even some people continuously gets tear dropping out of their eyes during the process of cutting onions. But, apart from this onion also have a wonderful effect of treating your gray hair naturally.
- You can cut a small portion of onion and rub it over your scalp.
- Again, to get better result, peel the onion and grind it in your mixture.
- After getting a pulp out of it apply it over your hair touching the roots of hair as well as the follicles.
- After applying it, you need to wait for 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo after it.
- It will be wonderful to avail this remedy for at least 3 times in a week to stay far away from gray hair.
- Since onion has an unpleasant smell, people would like to get rid of it otherwise simply washing your hair with water will be much effective.
You must have heard about the health benefits of carrot juice which is consumed by many individuals who are really cautious about their health. Even, in order to stay away from gray hair carrot juice will be a wonderful remedy.
- Carrot juice
- You need to drink a glass full of carrot juice everyday after getting up in the morning to stay away from gray hair.
- Some people might be applying it over their hair.
- But, drinking carrot juice will be much more effective than applying it over your scalp.
- After consuming it for a month you can see visible difference in your hair.
In the list of home remedies, Indian Gooseberry and Shikakai can’t ever be missed out. They have the power to treat your hair the way they deserve. To cure any problem related to your hair you need the combination of these two.
- Shikakai – 4 tablespoons.
- Indian Gooseberry – 4 tablespoons.
- Vinegar – 1 teaspoon.
- Mix all ingredients and ensure you add the vinegar at the end.
- The quantities that we mentioned here are for those of you who have waist length hair.
- You can adjust the quantities accordingly but ensure it is in the same ratio we mentioned.
- Using a brush cover your hair in this mixture.
- Don’t leave out your scalp.
- Keep it for at least 30 minutes and then rinse it off with water (cold).
- You can use coconut oil to condition your hair once your hair is dry.
- Doing this two to three times every week will give you the results you have been waiting for.
The ayurvedic properties of both Indian Gooseberry and Henna go do wonders on your dull and gray hair.
- 3 tablespoons henna
- 3 tablespoons Indian Gooseberry
- 1 teaspoon coffee powder
- Mix henna powder and amla powder with coffee powder (1 teaspoon).
- Mix it well with lukewarm water to form a thick consistency.
- Apply it all over the scalp and hair.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and wait for a couple of hours before you Shower the hair with water (cold).
- Try out this remedy every week for positive results.
This unique yet effective hair pack has the power to turn your hair black again.
- In a pan add a cup of water when it comes to a boil add the licorice and clarified butter to it.
- Wait for five minutes before you remove the pot from the flame.
- Use this mixture (after cooling it) to Shower the hair.
The combination of sage leaves and rosemary can cure the problems behind premature graying of hair.
- Sage leaves
- Boil two cups of water in a pot.
- Add rosemary and sage leaves to this.
- Wait for the color of the water to change before you remove the pot from the flame.
- Strain the liquid and wait for it to cool.
- Use this mixture to wash your shampooed hair.
- Try this remedy every time you Shower the hair.
Massaging your scalp with coconut oil can do wonders for your lifeless and gray hair.
- Few tablespoons coconut oil
- In a microwave-safe bowl add a few tablespoons of coconut oil and heat it for a few seconds.
- Gently massage this oil on your scalp and run your fingers all the way to the tips of your hair.
- Leave it for the night before you Shower the hair.
- Bhringraj powder
- Black tea
- Henna powder
- Lemon juice
- Mix equal quantities of Bhringraj powder, Black tea, Henna powder and lemon juice together.
- Add an egg to this mixture and combine it all together.
- If the paste becomes too thick then you need to add lukewarm water to this solution.
- Apply it all over your hair and scalp and wait for a minimum of two hours before you Shower the hair with water (cold).
Almond oil is rich in vitamin E and antioxidants which prevents grey hair with massage. Lemon has other essential vitamins that will initiate hair growth with proper nourishment.
- 2 tablespoons almond oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- You have to combine two tablespoons of almond oil and same quantity of lemon juice and mix them well.
- Now apply it over the scalp very well and leave for 30 minutes.
- You can easily wash it once time is over.
Curry leaves are a wonderful flavored leaves that is mostly used by people staying in southern India. It is rich in vitamin B. Coconut oil helps in providing great nourishment to hair.
- 1 cup coconut oil
- Curry leaves
- You have to take a cup of coconut oil and a hand filled with curry leaves.
- Boil the oil and add curry leaves in it.
- You have to boil for 10 minutes till the time when the leaves become black.
- Now remove from flame and allow it to cool.
- Now apply it over your scalp.
- Allow it to stay overnight and wash it with a shampoo next day morning.
You must have been using onion to make your dishes tasty. But did you know that it too has many benefits for hair? You can combine onion with lime to get a solution over the premature graying hair.
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- You have to make a pulp of onion and get three teaspoon of juice from that.
- Now add lemon juice of 2 teaspoons with it.
- Combine and apply all over your hair and scalp.
- Wash after 30 minutes.
This therapy will absolutely surprise you as you might not have heard about this vegetable to comply with hair benefits. But, this is absolutely a true fact.
- Ribbed gourd
- 1 cup coconut oil
- You have to peel a ribbed gourd and cut it into small pieces.
- Store the juice in a cup.
- Also add a cup of coconut oil in it.
- You have to boil it and apply the oil over your hair and scalp.
- It will be really effective if you can do it 4 times in a day.
For people fighting with premature greying of hair, this easy home treatment can be highly effective. Sesame oil has the ability to turn even the grey hairs black.
It can also work miraculously to make deep brown natural hair, darker. Castor oil on the other hand promotes root nourishment and hair growth, which can be really helpful to ensure that your hairs are healthy and black.
- Sesame oil
- Castor oil
- Take both the oils in a steel container in 1:1 proportion depending on the length and volume of your hairs.
- Put this container in a hot water bath for 5 minutes or until the oil becomes hot and small bubbles start to form.
- Remove the oil from the water bath and let it cool down a bit.
- Check the temperature of the oil with the tip of your finger and once it is warm but not hot use it to massage on your head and hairs.
- You should take this treatment before going to bed at night.
- Wash off in the morning with a hair cleanser.
- Regular use of this treatment and even spot application of this remedy can be effective to give you black hairs naturally.
If you want to make your hair black naturally, then avoid junk and oily food as well. Hair becomes grey or white due to consuming daily fast food. So, if you want to make your hair healthy and natural black color, then avoid different types of oily street food, junk food as well.
Drink water daily as per your requirement, it helps to make your hair grow strong and thick. Drink maximum daily 10-12 glass water to get the best result. It will improve your hair condition and make your health better.
If your hairs are brownish and you want them to make darker or if you are suffering from greying of hairs here and there, in such cases the home remedies to get black hair naturally can work extremely well.
However, if you have already been using hair color on your hairs, it is most expected that already 90% of your hairs have lost their natural pigment. In that case it might not be possible through the natural ways to make your hairs black again.