Thick and strong hairs are the dream of every woman, but this hectic lifestyle and the increasing amount of pollution in the environment is actually taking a heavy toll on our hairs too.
Weak, brittle, damaged hairs, hair fall and even hair thinning and balding is becoming a common problem amongst both men and women, irrespective of their age.
One of the key ways to make your hairs thick and strong is to ensure that your hairs are nourished from the roots. Ensuring proper hydration of the hairs is also very important to prevent them from breakage.
If you are looking out for ways to make your hair thick and strong right from the roots, this article will tell you how to achieve that.
There are many products out there in the market that claims to offer strong and thick hairs, but we do not really suggest those products, as their claims are often untrue and moreover there is always the chance of side effects in case of long term use.
Ask your grandmother, did she ever face the problem of hair fall when she was your age? She will clearly answer that it was not ever one of her headaches.
Minimum pollution and less stressful life might have surely played a vital role in giving them problem free scalp and strong hairs from the roots, but another important point that you cannot miss is that, in their times, they hardly ever used chemical filled products on their hairs.
Whatever they used in those days were all natural, in most of the cases, it was either simple kitchen products or a homemade treatment.
So, when you are trying to get thick and strong hairs from the roots, it is best to get back to your roots and to start taking the right care of your hairs with the home remedies instead of the expensive cosmetic products available all around you.
Also keep in mind that what you eat and how you deal your hairs has a lot to say in their health. Read on to know how to get thick and strong hairs from the roots,
The right diet
When you are trying to get strong hairs from the roots, the very first thing you need to be careful about is your diet. If your body is suffering from lack of nourishment, you can never have strong hairs.
In order to get strong hairs it is important to make sure that there is no vitamin, mineral or protein deficiency in your body. Include lots of leafy vegetables, fresh fruits, dry fruits, fish and other protein rich foods in your regular diet.
When you are looking for strong hairs, always ensure that your diet is rich in Biotin, Iron, Zinc and Omega-3 and Omega 6 fatty acids. Biotin works as a key element in the synthesis of keratin growth factor, which is responsible for the growth and health of your hairs.
Iron plays a vital role in converting testosterone to estrogen and estrogen, stimulates hair growth. Zinc regulates a range of growth hormones in the body, which also aids in hair growth. Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids are important for healthy and shiny hairs.
The right diet plays a very important role in our hair health and in making them strong from the roots.
In order to ensure that your scalp and hairs are getting all the nourishment from the body, taking only a nutritional diet is no all, you also have to ensure that the nutrients of the diet are properly absorbed into the body and this is where the health of your digestive system plays the most important role.
Foods that are light for your stomach and are filled with dietary fibers, aid in digestion and also help in proper absorption of the nutrients into the body. Hence taking a diet that helps in maintaining a good digestive health is always the key to strong hairs and glowing skin.
Drink more water
Drinking more water is a simple way to ensure that your body is not dehydrated at any point of time and also to flush out the toxins from the body.
Drinking more water will also aid in the digestive process and will promote overall health which is most important for making hairs strong from their roots.
Hormones play a very important role in our body. Stress, anxiety can easily disrupt the normal hormonal balance in the body which triggers not only hair fall but also digestive ailments, that again affects the hairs.
So, if you are serious about your hairs, you have to make sure that you are not stressed out. It might sound really difficult to deduct stress from your life, but in reality it is not that difficult.
Resort to regular exercising, take up a hobby and start putting yourself before your work and you can see how things become less stressful. You can also take up yoga for relieving stress.
Stay away from smoke and drink
When you are aiming for strong and thick hairs from the roots, first you have to ensure that your body is strong and healthy.
Smoking and drinking both harms the body in several ways and is sure to affect your hair health as well. So, make sure to quit these habits to get thick and strong hairs.
Be more caring about your hairs
Well, when you are trying to make your hairs strong from the roots, start behaving better with them. Stop using heat, chemical filled colors and hair styling products regularly.
Also brush your hairs gently and never opt for a hairstyle that tugs or pulls the hairs from the roots. Try to keep the roots of your hairs dry and clean always and maintain the best hair hygiene.
Implementing the above changes in your diet, habits and lifestyle can work as the key to get thick and strong hairs naturally.
However, taking the right care for your hairs from the outside is also important and for that there is nothing better than the time tested home treatments. Here is a bunch of home treatments that can actually make your hairs thick and strong from the roots.
Home treatments to make hairs thick and strong from the roots
- Avocados and bananas
- Raw shea butter with milk, honey and yogurt
- Aloe vera gel with lemon juice
- Apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, honey and coconut oil
- Flax seeds
- Cayenne pepper
- Onion juice
- Hot oil therapy
- Coconut oil and curry leaves
- Aloe vera and sour curd
- Indian gooseberry and shikakai
These highly enriching fruits are extremely good for your hair, as they not only help in infusing your scalp and hair with the quintessential nutrients but also adds volume to your hair.
Enriched in proteins and vitamins, avocados replenish dead skin cells and prove to be an excellent source of long hair and flawless skin. Bananas on the other hand are rich in fibre and contribute to the hair quality while adding the luminous shine to your dull brittle locks.
- All you need is an avocado and banana, mash both of them till you get a finely thick paste.
- Now, grind them together and add some argan oil (optional) and apply this rich consistent paste on your hair starting from the roots till ends.
- Let it dry and then rinse it with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this at least twice a week for effective results.
The smooth, silky and supple hair quality is all because of the moisturizing properties of shea butter which conditions, smoothens and nourishes the hair follicles by penetrating deep within.
Milk adds a bounty of vitamins and calcium which is again a great source for hair growth as it fights against the split ends and honey enhances elasticity of hair, thereby making it strong.
Yogurt has antimicrobial and anti-bacterial properties which makes it perfect for dry dull hair as it helps them breathe life and infuse strength to grow longer and stronger.
- Shea butter
- This rich indulgent luxurious mixture is indeed a treat for your hair, so pamper them on a weekend by mixing the good quality shea butter along with milk honey and yogurt.
Aloe vera is a great medicinal Indian herb with several therapeutic properties that helps get rid of the dirt, impurities, contaminants and external pollutants spoiling the quality of your hair.
Lemon juice contains of Vitamin C which is an excellent source of getting rid of dandruff and other bacterial infections, so count on this heavenly solution to make your hair eternally stronger.
- Aloe vera gel
- Lemon juice
- Always on the lookout for a perfect recipe to grow your Rapunzel locks longer and stronger, well you can try this miraculous hair solution.
- Dip your crowning glory in a rich mix of aloe vera gel and add a few drops of lemon juice.
Apple cider vinegar helps in maintain the ph balance of your hair and treats the hair follicles by penetrating deep within, it helps in maintain a great scalp health and increases the hair length by working on it effectively.
This mixture is universally approved as the Apple Cider Vinegar is treated to be the best-ever concoction for your tresses, so treat your locks with the goodness of lemon juice, honey and coconut oil as you dip your tousled waves into this heavenly mixture and soak in the sun.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Coconut oil
- So, apply the mixture and after 20-30 minutes, rinse it with mild shampoo.
- Repeat this once a week for better results.
An easy yet effective method of making your hair thick and strong naturally is by soaking your hair in flax seeds paste.
- Flax seeds
- Soak flax seeds in water and leave them for 2-3 days until it is all drained and soft to make a paste.
- Grind them and churn it into a thick consistent paste.
- Apply this rich healthy paste on your scalp and hair, leave it to dry and rinse it later.
- Repeat this every week and see the difference in your hair quality.
This extremely sharp spice in the world helps in treating the thinning of hair as it contains the capsaicin which helps in promoting hair growth. It absorbs the nutrients in the scalp and enhances the blood flow in the scalp which makes it ideal for hair to grow.
- 1 tablespoon pepper powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Take a tablespoon of pepper powder and mix it into 2 tablespoons of olive oil, now apply this mixture to your hair.
- Rinse your hair with lukewarm water and repeat this once in every two weeks for amazing results.
One of the oldest and effective methods of increasing your hair length is onion juice.
- Onion juice
- A great source of sulphur, onion juice can be fetched by removing the delicate thin membranes and squeeze the juice.
- Now, apply it all over your scalp and roots of the hair to fully absorb the goodness of the natural ingredients.
- It helps in boosting collagen that shall stimulate hair follicles and thus, your hair will grow longer.
Hot oil therapy can be very effective to nourish the roots of your hairs and also to banish any kind of dryness from your hair shafts. Before you take the hot oil therapy make sure that your hairs are clean and not sticky or dirty.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon almond oil
- Heat a small steel container in the oven and then remove it from the flame.
- Add 1 spoon coconut oil, 1 spoon olive oil and 1 spoon almond oil to this hot container.
- Mix the oils together, check the temperature with your finger and while it is still warm but not too hot, start massaging the oil mixture onto your scalp and hairs.
- You should continue the massage in light, circular motion for at least 10 minutes.
- Once done, comb your hairs carefully and leave on.
- Wash off with a mild cleanser in the morning.
- Instead of using a lot of the cleanser for a single wash, wash your scalp and hairs twice with little amount of the product for better results.
For thick and strong hairs coconut oil and curry leaves can work miraculously. Curry leaves has some natural ingredients that can be very helpful to strengthen the hairs from the roots and also to stimulate hair growth.
Coconut oil on the other hand has small chain fatty acids that penetrate easily into the scalp and provides nourishment.
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 25-30 curry leaves
- Collect 25-30 numbers of fresh curry leaves. Heat a pan and add 1 cup of coconut oil to it.
- Before the oil come to boil add the curry leaves and let it boil for at least 10 minutes in low flame.
- Finally remove the container from the flame, and let it cool.
- Once it comes to the room temperature, strain the curry leaves and store the oil in an airtight container.
- Use this oil to massage your scalp and hairs daily before going to bed.
- Wash off in the morning.
Aloe Vera can nourish and strengthen the hair roots and the sour curd helps in hydrating the hairs, making them soft, glossy and more manageable.
This treatment also helps in banishing scalp infections like dandruff or itchy scalp. Collect Aloe Vera pulp from the fresh Aloe Vera leaves and opt for the homemade sour curd, and not the ones available in the sweet shops around.
- 4 tablespoons Aloe Vera
- 4 tablespoons sour curd
- Mix 4 spoons of the Aloe Vera pulp with 4 spoons of the sour curd.
- If needed, smash or grind the Aloe Vera pulp to make the mixture homogeneous.
- Apply this pack onto your clean scalp and hairs and let it stand for 1 hour, covering your head with a shower cap.
- Wash off with plenty of water and a mild herbal shampoo.
- Repeat twice in a week.
Indian gooseberry or Amla is a rich source of Vitamin C which can banish any type of scalp infections. Shikakai is also highly nourishing for the hairs and the scalp. Both Amla and Shikakai can give you thick and strong hairs.
- Indian gooseberry or Amla
- Grind the flesh of 5-6 green amla of medium size along with 3-4 Shikakai strands after removing the seeds.
- If the resulting mixture seems not to be sticky enough, add 1 spoon olive oil to it.
- Apply the pack onto your scalp and hairs lavishly.
- Let it set for an hour without letting it get dry, wash off and use a cleanser only if needed.