We always hate being fat. The extra mass hanging from any part of our body does give us a low self confidence. We can easily hide the fat hanging around our waist, belly, back, shoulder and hands but we cannot hide the extra fat hanging on your face. The fat on chin is really a matter worth worrying about and as you age, the facial feature changes as the skin starts to sag. One cannot get a chiseled facial structure if he or she has a double chin or fat hanging on the chin. Whenever you take a look at the mirror, it stares back at you complaining about the extra fat your body bears every day, moreover the fat on your chin. Fat is that extra ingredient in your body which isn’t required. Fat is stored in the adipose cells of your body. When a person workouts, he creates a calorie deficit in the body which means that the body burns the calories consumed. By this way, some of the fat is released by the body which is actually converted into energy. If you have natural double chin or maybe you have developed a double chin, you simply cannot expect to get rid of it with a week or a small span of time. With the increase in age, you may experience fat pockets in your chin. To get rid of fat on the chin or double chin there are surgical methods through which you can remove the excess fat but these procedures are very expensive. Below we have mentioned and elaborated a diet plan and few exercises to get rid of chin fat.
Diet to reduce chin fat
Fruits and vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy products and lean proteins make up a worthy diet that elevates the facial structure and helps in losing weight. Protein is predominantly important when you’re trying to lose some fat as it helps you feel full after a meal and does not let your body burn the muscle mass.
- For an easy and controlled diet, fill one half of your plate with leafy greens or other watery and fibrous vegetables such as spinach,lettuce, kale, eggplant , green beans and broccoli.
- Fill another quarter of your plate with whole grains, like barley or brown rice.
- The remaining quarter of your plate should contain lean protein, such as white-meat chicken, eggs,lean steak and fish.
- A face full of fat could also be the result of water retention. Reduce the excess sodium from processed, packed and restaurant food stuffs. Being hydrated doesn’t lets your body feel bounded to hold onto water which is also very helpful.
Effective exercises to lose fat on chin
- Lie on your bed with face-up, your neck hanging on the edge of the bed and let your head relax off on the side.
- Contract the muscles at the face of your neck, slowly lift and curl your head in the direction of your chest while keeping your shoulders flat on the bed.
- Hold this posture for 10 to 15seconds,do not to let your head drop, now relax your neck to return back to the starting posture.
- Complete 3 sets of two repetitions each on a daily basis.
If any incident occurs like dizziness, take a sitting breaks in-between each set.
- Set your thumb on 1 side of your jaw, beneath your jawbone and just a bit upward near the ear.
- Place theindex finger of same hand in the exact location on the reverse jaw, hold your hand still and push forward adjacent to your hand with your neck and head.
- Seize this posture for around 30 seconds, then let loose your hand and move your neck back to the initial position. Complete three sets per day.
- Sit with your back straight and shoulders down, slant your head back so that you are looking towards the ceiling.
- Shut your lips so that they are joined but relaxed. Keeping your lips shut, open your mouth in such a way that it forms an “O” shape.
- Cling to this position for 20 seconds so that you feel a contraction on either sides of your neck straight under your jaw line.
- Unwind your mouth and lower your chin to return to the preliminary point. Complete two sets of 10 repetitions each.
- Sitting with your back straight and shoulders downward, lean your head back so that you are staring at the ceiling.
- Vehemently press your tongue even to the top of your mouth.
- Then, keeping your tongue touching the roof of your mouth, lower your chin towards your chest as far as you can without rounding your upper back.
- If you feel your chin and the front of your neck contract, then relax your tongue and straighten your neck to return to the initial position.
- Practice two sets of 20 repetitions each on a daily basis.
Kiss the ceiling
- Stand with your arms lynching at your sides, incline your head back so that you cansee the ceiling straight.
- Next try to kiss the ceiling by puckering your lips and extending them as far asyou can.
- You must feel a contraction throughout your neck and chin.
- Hold this posture for 5 seconds, relax your lips and lower your chin to return to the preliminary position.
- Complete 2 sets of 15 repetitions each every day.
Stick out tongue
- This is a very efficient exercise which builds the muscles in your chin and can reduce thefaton your chin without any surgery.
- Stand or sit in a comfortable position. Stretch your mouth as wide as you can and stick your tongue out, so that you can feel your chin tighten.
- Hold out your tongue and count till 10, relax and go back to the first position. Complete 10 sets of 10 counts each.
- Being in a seated or standing posture, draw out your spine for a tall, straight back.
- Then, push your chin upward, gradually and gently turn around your head in a circular motion so that it moves in a full circle starting from your shoulder to chest and to shoulder to back. (If a full circular rotation troubles your neck, fuseto a semicircular movement from shoulder to shoulder.)
- Don’t forget to keep your shoulders down and back straight all the way through the movement. Complete 10 such repetitions. Repeat in the opposite direction for another 10 repetitions.