Summer is the season to enjoy outdoors, wear summer dresses and enjoy delicious fruits. But the heat and warmth of the sun and hot winds tend to damage the skin.
The harsh weather makes the skin rough and dull, and causes the pores to be clogged with sweat dust and dirt. Special attention should be given to the skin to keep it healthy and glowing during summer.
This article will speak about the home remedies which will give you glowing skin during the summer season. The food habits, exercise and some healthy habits can provide the best deal. The weather fluctuations can also give trouble to your skin type.
How to get fair, glowing skin during summer?
Steaming is one of the best options to get back the glowing skin. You have to do this at least one time on every week. This helps you in opening the clogged skin pores as well as in removing the dirt from your skin. Thus, steaming can make your skin softer and clearer. It works best for any type of skin.
For moisturizing your skin, you may use toner. It also keeps up pH balance of the skin and eliminates harmful dirt from cells. You can remove makeup from your face in this process.
It is better to prepare toner with natural ingredients by blending rose water and glycerin. You have to use the tone on every night. It will help in curing your pimples and various other spots on skin.
Increase the time you spend indoor
We know that you need to go out of your house for your everyday work. However, still, in other times, you may try to stay inside your house.
Especially, from 11.00 AM in the morning to 3.00 PM in the afternoon, you can avoid staying in outdoor sites. The sun rays become most intense at this time. It helps you not to lose the glow of skin.
Orange peels and powder
- 1 tablespoon orange peel powder
- Peel off some oranges and dry the skin under sun rays.
- Grind those peels to make powder with them.
- Take one spoon of powder and then add it to yogurt.
- Make smooth mask with it and use it for your skin.
- Rinse it with cold water.
Rich desserts may not be always good to your health. You can have tasty dessert with yogurt, honey and fresh fruits. After having your meal, you may drink the kool lassi. This lassi not only gives you clear skin but also increases your digestion ability.
Ensure adequate Hydration
If you have to retain the usual glow of the skin during the summers, it is very important that you keep yourself adequately hydrated. Remember, dehydration severely damages the skin, trigger stress and strain on the skin, and snatches the usual glow of the skin.
If you have to prevent these challenges, ensure adequate hydration. In addition to drinking water profusely, you should also include as many glasses of fresh fruit juices that will eliminate the toxins, and contribute to the aspect of nutrition as well.
Avoid the consumption of Alcohol and smoking
Consumption of alcohol causes dehydration that hampers the health and glow of the skin. Hence, during the summer months, keep the consumption of alcohol to the minimum extent that will prevent skin and body dehydration.
Likewise, minimize the extent of smoking that is yet another factor that dehydrates the skin, in addition to making you a soft target to cancer.
Replace coffee with green tea
Green is a strong natural antioxidant that prevents the cell death, and thus, prevents the colonization of dead cells on the skin surface that makes the skin look darker and unhealthy.
The high caffeine content in coffee, in addition to damaging the skin health, can trigger several other ailments.
Refrain from the consumption of spicy and oily foods
Consumption of these foods is likely to retard the digestive function and it takes more critical stage during the summer months. Remember, an individual with digestive problems can never ever aspire to have a healthy and glowing skin.
Skin care products and cosmetics
Skin care products and cosmetics, made with artificial agents can trigger inflammation and dehydration of the skin, and makes the skin look dull and ugly. Therefore, it will be wise to replace these products with the ones, made with organic and natural ingredients.
Water therapy to get fair skin
It is best to flush out the toxins and waste material from the body. Fruit juices, coconut water, buttermilk, green tea or just plain water helps to reduce the heat and keep the body cool. Green tea helps to eliminate dead skin cells with the help of its antioxidants.
The anti- inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic properties in it also protects the skin from a variety of disorders. In the process of flushing out toxins fluids help to detoxify the skin and keep it clean, clear and soft.
How to get fair skin from foods?
The amount and quality of food eaten reflects on the face. Salty snacks need to be avoided in summer as they can dehydrate the body.
Green vegetables and water content fruits like watermelon, cucumber, oranges, lemon, and lettuce included in the diet provide adequate nutrients and antioxidants.
They also help to improve the immune system in the body and keep the skin and body disease free. Meat, oily and fried foods are difficult to digest during summer and can raise the body temperature resulting to pimples and blemishes on the skin.
Exercises to get fair complexion in ten days
It helps to get rid of the toxins and makes the skin glow. Early morning yoga and workouts in the flesh is more beneficial. It gives energy, helps to lose weight and make the skin look fresh and healthy.
A simple trick to get glowing skin in summer with sunscreen
The skin from darkening and protects the skin from the damage of ultraviolet rays from the sun which can result into cancer. It is advisable to stay indoors during the harsh sun’s rays of the afternoon.
Exercise daily to get fair skin naturally
Many people are still not aware of the actual benefits of exercise. But the home remedies of glowing skin also include exercise.
The workout will improve your skin elasticity by providing good quality of skin. There is also a solution, if you don’t want to do hard exercise. Simply try out walking during the morning hours or evening.
Top homemade face pack for glowing skin with almond face mask
You can easily get young and attractive skin tone during the summer with the application of the Almond face mask.
- 3-4 almonds
- To make this pack, you have to take 3-4 almonds and add some milk to soak them.
- Once it is soaked overnight, you have to make a paste of almonds and add a spoon of milk in it.
- Apply the paste over your face for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off once it is dry.
How to protect your skin from summer tan with the banana face pack?
You can easily get some banana at home or in the market.
- All you have to do is peel off a banana and mash it.
- Now add white portion of egg in it.
- Also, you can add curd in it.
- Mix them well and apply over your face.
- This can be kept for 15 minutes.
- Once the time is over, you can wash it off with plain cold water.
- This can give you an extraordinary glow on your face.
Bread crumbs face pack to get glowing skin
The edges of the bread are normally cut away. But now you can use them for beauty benefits.
- Bread crumbs
- Milk cream
- You have to take few bread crumbs and add milk cream in it.
- Mix them well and keep for some time till the crumbs become soft.
- Now mix it with a spoon to make a smooth paste.
- Apply over your face and neck and keep for 15 minutes.
- This will give you a great glow over your skin.
- You can also become fairer and attractive.
Steps to keep the skin glowing in the summer
- Exfoliate Exfoliation is the process of removing dead skin cells that accumulate on the outer layer of the skin. The dead cells can be scrubbed off with the help of a homemade scrub that can be made by making a paste of oats, milk and besan.
- Cleansing of the face must be done twice a day with the help of a good cleansing agent. Raw milk applied on the face is a very good cleanser. Plain yogurt and honey used as cleanser can also moisturize the skin. Apply this cleanser and leave them for 10 minutes before washing them with cold water.
- Moisturize A soft, smooth skin is often a result of moisturizing it with a water based moisturizer. Moisturizing should be done immediately after washing when the skin is still damp. Moisturizing at night is more beneficial to make the skin glow
- Steaming helps to open the clogged pores and clear the skin by removing the dirt accumulated on the skin. Once a week of steaming therapy will help the skin to become soft and clear.
- Toning helps to remove the dirt toxins, moisturizes the skin, clears the skin and refreshes it. A natural toner can be prepared by mixing equal parts of glycerin and rose water. This toner applied regularly at night helps to reduce pimples, blackheads and tan marks on the skin.
- Tan Removal of tan helps to give a healthy and glowing skin. A homemade mask for removing of tan can be prepared by making a paste of 2-3 almonds little lime juice and some milk. Apply this pack at night and wash it in the morning with lukewarm water.
Other natural remedies to get a glowing skin in summer
- Apply a mixture of honey and lemon juice in equal amounts on the face and leave it for 20 minutes. It is a very effective and simple remedy for tan removal.
- Cucumber juice will also help to reduce the effect of harsh sun rays. It also helps in removing pimples, blackheads and other stains of the skin and makes the skin soft.
- A paste made out of gram flour, milk and a few drops of lime juice should be applied on the face… Leave it for 30 minutes before washing.
- A paste of turmeric powder, wheat flour and sesame oil helps in removing unwanted hair on the skin.
- Orange juice helps in giving a smooth and soft skin.
- A mixture of cabbage juice and honey, if applied regularly on the face, helps to get rid of wrinkles.
- A paste of raw carrots will help to give a glowing skin.
Regular application of mint juice on the face will help to remove stains. Try these natural home remedies to get a fair glowing skin from dark summer skin.