Sonakshi Sinha has made her own identity through her acting skills in Bollywood. She naturally has a beautiful skin and believes in being a hero rather than a size zero. But recently she has slimmed down and toned up. She has many fan followers who are curious to know about the beauty secrets behind her flawless skin and the fitness routine and diet plan she follows to get the new avatar.
Sonakshi’s Beauty Tips
- She follows a basic ritual of cleaning, toning and moisturizing the skin, twice a day. Cleansing removes dirt, oil and keeps the skin clean, toning opens the pores and prevents breakouts and pigmentation and moisturizing hydrates the skin, restores its glow and texture.
- She makes sure to remove all the oil traces of the makeup and moisturizes her skin before going to bed to avoid pigmentation and breakouts. She uses Neutrogena Deep Clean cleanser and Nivea moisturizer. She also applies a night cream and under eye cream before hitting bed.
- She prefers not to use a chemical based market product for the face but homemade face packs like multani mitti face pack. She regularly uses aloe vera gel on her face which helps to instantly get rid of blemishes and bruises from the skin.
- She rubs ice cube on her face to minimize the pores and cool down her skin. This helps to make her skin look fresh and pumped up.
- She scrubs her skin once or twice a week to get rid of dead skin cells, tanning, blackheads, whiteheads, pimples and remove the oil from the skin pores and helps to restore the texture of the skin. When her skin acts sensitive or there are acne she avoids using scrub but instead uses a face pack to remove the dead skin cells.
- She believes in the mantra, “Less is more” and applies less makeup. She conceals under her eyes, between the eyebrows, on the bridge of the nose and other elevated areas of the face to conceal and highlight those areas. She uses the technique of blend, blend and blend till it is lighter and better. She contours her jawline, applies some setting powder, touches up her eyebrows and prefers liquid matte lipstick.
- She regularly massages her hair and scalp with olive oil or coconut oil which helps in increasing blood circulation. She often goes for hair spa treatments to restore the hair moisture, improve its texture and to strengthen it.
- She prefers shampoo and conditioner that has less chemical content. She fights her bad hair day by tying her hair into a ponytail. She applies a heat protectant spray before exposing her hair to heat appliances and uses non greasy oil to get the shine after styling them.
- She takes sufficient amount of sleep of 8-10 hours a day to recharge her body and wake up in the morning feeling energetic, fresh and pumped up for the new day.
Sonakshi’s Fitness Secrets
- She hits the gym twice a day to reduce the fat, build lean muscles and increase muscle strength. Her fitness regime includes 30 minutes of cardio for 3 days, 20-25 minutes of brisk walking, 1 hour of weight training, Functional training, kickboxing and Spinning.
- Her routine includes crunches to lose belly fat faster, push-ups, pull-ups and squats.
- She includes Hot Yoga in her routine for 2 days. She practices Bikram yoga in which you have to practice asanas in a hot room with temperature of 40 degrees which helps to tone her body and increase flexibility. It burns several pounds in 25 minutes.
- Whenever she gets time, she goes for swimming to reduce the stress level and on selected days, she plays tennis which helps to improve her stamina and burn few pounds.
- She also includes Pilates in her routine for improving the flexibility and endurance of the body.
- She includes early morning yogic breathing exercises and pranayamas in her routine to push out the stress and flush out the toxins which makes the body healthy and increases flexibility.
- She loves cycling which helps to strengthen the lower body muscles and increases blood circulation which enhances the glow of the skin.
- She goes for regular walks or on a trekking trails to take some fresh air which rejuvenates her body, mind and soul. It also helps in reducing stress level.
Sonakshi’s Diet Plan
- She drinks plenty of water to keep her body and skin hydrated. As soon as she wakes up in the morning, she drinks a glass of water mixed with honey and few drops of lemon juice on an empty stomach which helps to activate her organs, flush out the toxins and help in the bowl movement.
- She follows a basic diet plan of eating every 2-3 hours to boost her metabolism.
- She follows a low carb and high protein diet to support her intensive workout.
- In breakfast, she eats eggs and paratha or cereal mixed in low fat milk and whole wheat toast.
- For lunch, she has brown rice, 2 chapatis and chicken or fish or dal and vegetables.
- In the evening she drinks green tea and munches on a bowl of fruits.
- Her go-to snacks are walnuts, almonds and bananas.
- In dinner, she prefers to have just salad to cut down carbs. She sometimes has dal, mixed vegetable curry and a piece of chicken or grilled fish.
- She drinks at least 2 cups of green tea daily.
- She drinks a mixture of honey and cinnamon for losing weight.
- She includes avocados, honey and veggies in her diet and sometimes munches on corn.
- She prefers not to eat carbs after 6 pm and avoids late night munching.
- She avoids junk food, sweets, bread, fried food, aerated drinks, cheese, rice, white bread, milk and sugar.
- She has a cheat day once a week when she eats sweets as she has a sweet tooth, pizza and chole kulche but she works 30 minutes extra the next day to burn the extra calories.