Neck fat or turkey neck lies under the skin of our neck. It can be quite a tricky spot to tone up with ease. The most convenient way to have it done is to combine general weight loss processes like diet and exercises together. It is difficult to spot treat the neck, which can be easily done in case of stomach, thighs, hands, etc. which is why a general and principle formula, with proper discipline has to be maintained.
Diet to reduce neck fat
Maintaining a proper diet is very important because it has direct repercussion on your body. Add whole grains, lean meat, dairy products, veggies and fruits to your diet. Eat in controlled proportions and keep a count on your calorie intake. This process might be a little tedious and tough, especially when you start anew, but it will leave an effect on your body at its best. Some ways to make this process easier for you is:
- Use small plates and fill it up. Using bigger plates makes you want to fill it up and you end up eating more.
- Keep yourself hydrated as it is not only important to make your body function but also detoxify. Hydrated skin defies early sagging and increases the weight loss process a little more.
- Opt for unsweetened fruit juices and fruits which are low in calorie. Reduce the consumption of sodas and sweetened drinks as they are high in calorie. They have empty calories which leave your body dehydrated.
- Choose healthy alternatives as carbohydrates so that they don’t trouble you, because on one hand, as you would need them for your body, excess and bad carbs can be more on the bad side. For example, whole grains are good carbohydrates which have high amount of fiber in it. Fiber slows the digestive process and makes you feel less hungry than usual. Try out green leafy veggies for obtaining fiber.
- Add lots of lean proteins to your diet. From fishes, chicken to eggs, add these to your diet and have their healthiest versions. When you want to lose weight and not just eat because they are delicious, you need to opt for recipes which aren’t that delightful. Boiled eggs over scrambled eggs, boiled and slightly sautéed chicken over fried nuggets, etc. these are some healthier alternatives to consume the best of proteins.
Exercises for neck fat
Cardiovascular exercises and others
Doing aerobics and cardiovascular exercises will burns down calories in an overall and supports weight loss process.
- You are recommended to do 150 minutes of cardio for a week, which means 30 minutes in 5 days. This is a minimum goal which can be increased with time. Doing cardio is known to leave a good impact on better diabetes care, balanced blood pressure and maintained cholesterol level.
- You can opt for more exercises which feel easier to do and you still shed calories. Take out some time for brisk walking, jogging, skipping, dancing or swimming.
Add some strength training to the cardiovascular exercises to improve the effect.
- 2 days of strength training which has at least 20 minutes in each session is perfect for reducing fat fast.
- Work on each major muscle group of your chest, legs, arms, etc. individually.
- There are numerous activities which fall under the strength training group. From lifting weight, weight machines to yoga and pilates, these are all strength training exercises which you can add to your list.
No neck toning exercises to do
There are plenty of neck exercises online, but they actually come with side effects. Sometimes, which wrong twists and turns, you can cause yourself a severe injury. It is better to not work on these but work on reducing weight on whole.
- Strengthening the muscles around your neck is a better idea. These exercises help up bulk up the muscles and that makes the neck look thick and not small.
- In general, you will lost weight which will reflect from your neck fat reduction and you don’t need to work on your toning neck vigorously.
Yoga for neck fat
There are no specific yoga exercises which people do for the neck fat, but there are some exercises for facial features which have an impact on the neck. When you practise these, they exert pressure on the neck zone and that lets that part get slightly warmed up too!
First facial exercise
- Sit straight and drop your lower jaw.
- Push jaw outward as far as you can push it, and feel tension build up on cheeks and near the ears.
- Hold position for 10 seconds and then draw jaws inwards.
- Repeat the exercise 10 times.
Second facial exercise
- Close your mouth and smile wide. Pull it as wide as possible without parting lips.
- Hold for 10 seconds and then relax.
- Repeat exercise 10 times.
Third facial exercise
- Stretch out neck as far as it will go.
- Don’t change the position of your head and try to open your mouth.
- Close slowly feeling the tension build up on neck and lower chin.
- Hold this for 10 seconds and repeat 5 times.
Fourth facial exercise
- Sit straight and take out your tongue.
- Try to reach your chin with the tip.
- Hold this position for 10 seconds and then repeat 10 times.