Got so much hair on your hands and legs but scared of waxing? Here is a unique post for you. In this article you will be informed about a bunch of remedies for removing hairs from hands and legs without waxing.
Hairs on hands and legs can actually prevent you from putting on those stylish sleeveless tops or the trendy shorts.
Exposing hairy hands or legs can never make it work right for anyone and hence for the fashionable women of today, getting rid of the unwanted hairs on the legs and hands is quite important to boost her self- confidence.
Here, first we will mention some of the common mechanical procedures for removing hairs from hands and legs, except waxing and then we will get into the arena of the home remedies that can actually help you to remove the excess hairs from hands and legs with regular use.
These remedies also control the re-growth of unwanted hairs with regular use and hence can provide you long term solution.
Shaving is a common and quick way to get rid of unwanted hairs on the hands and legs without opting for waxing. Shaving is really one of the quickest ways for this problem but it comes with some highlighted side effects.
Repeated shaving can cause the hairs to become even thicker and the shaving rashes are quite common to deal with. Another problem with shaving is that, it removes the hair strands from above the skin surface and hence the hair grows back quickly.
Laser hair removal
This is another technique which is getting quick popularity amongst the women and men interested to get permanent rid of the problem of unwanted hairs on hands and legs.
Laser hair removal can be really effective and gives permanent solution quickly, but it is an expensive process and needs multiple sessions. In addition to that, doctors are not still very sure if this process might have any side effects in the long run.
Having informed you about the common mechanical processes of removing hairs from hands and legs without waxing, now it is time to move on to the natural remedies.
As already made clear, both of the above ways have their cons and hence the intelligent and informed women of today often opt for the natural remedies instead of the quick solutions that come with side effects in some form or other.
However, nothing comes without any down side of its own. The only downside that can be related with the home remedies for removing unwanted hairs from hands and legs without waxing is that these remedies need to be used over a prolonged period of time to get the maximum results; but the good thing is that, these remedies, being completely natural they have no side effects and are inexpensive, compared to any other technique for the same.
Home remedies to remove hair from hands and legs without waxing
So, now let us get into the home treatments that can remove the unwanted hairs on hands and legs without waxing,
- Lemon, sugar and honey scrub
- Chickpea flour and milk pack
- Egg, corn flour and sea salt scrub cum pack
- Green lentil, honey and lemon juice
- Turmeric, sandalwood and glycerin
- Alum and essential oils
This is a highly effective scrub that can be made at home with ease and you can be sure that you already have all the ingredients for the scrub ready in your kitchen. This scrub not only removes the unwanted hairs gently, but also helps in deterring the growth of new hairs with regular use.
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoon honey
- Add 3 tablespoon of lemon juice with 3 tablespoon sugar and 3 tablespoon of honey.
- Now microwave this mixture for 1 minute, just to warm it up a bit.
- Apply the warm scrub on your hands and legs in the direction of the hair growth in a thick layer
- Let it set for 10 minutes.
- Wet your hands and start scrubbing your legs with the pack for 5 minutes and then wash off with warm water to get rid of the pack completely.
- Repeat this treatment every alternate day to get the best results.
Chickpea flour can work very effectively as an unwanted hair remover, without affecting your skin negatively in any way. Adding milk with the pack, instead of water, ensures that your skin is also nourished and brightened at the same time.
- 5 tablespoon chickpea flour
- Take 5 tablespoon of chickpea flour and add sufficient quantity of warm milk to it to make a thick and sticky paste.
- Apply this paste in the direction of hair growth in a thick layer.
- Let it set for 10 minutes or until it gets 80% dry.
- Now start scrubbing your hands and feet with this pack until it dries out completely and starts to come off.
- Remove the pack with a soft cotton cloth and then wash off with excess water.
- Repeat this treatment everyday for getting quick results.
This scrub cum pack can work as an ideal solution for removing unwanted body hairs without waxing.
The best thing about this pack is that, apart from removing the unwanted hairs and controlling hair re-growth, this pack also softens and brightens the skin. So, if you want soft and silky hands and legs, this treatment is one that you cannot miss.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Take one egg, crack it open and whip it well in a clean bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of corn flour to it and 1 tablespoon of sea salt.
- If you need more quantity of the pack, increase the ingredients maintaining the same ratio.
- Apply this pack in a light circular motion on your hands and legs and then let it set until it gets 90% dry.
- Now use your wet hands to scrub the skin with the pack.
- Continue scrubbing for at least 5 minutes and then remove the pack with a wet cotton cloth and wash off with plenty of water.
- If the smell of the raw egg is too much for your nose, add a few drops of lavender essential oil to it.
- You can use this pack cum scrub every alternate day.
This treatment is considered as very effective in removing unwanted hairs from the body. The ingredients of this treatment exfoliate the skin gently, while the honey and lemon juice present in it helps in removing the unwanted hairs. Regular use of this pack reduces the hair re-growth.
- 4 tablespoon green lentils
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Soak 4 tablespoon of green lentils in sufficient water overnight.
- In the morning grind it to make a sticky paste.
- Now add 2 spoons of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of honey to this paste and mix well.
- Use this pack to scrub the hands and legs in slow circular motion.
- The scrubbing should continue for 5-8 minutes.
- Once you are done, let it set and get completely dry.
- Now, wet your fingers and scrub with the dried out pack for another 5 minutes before washing off.
- Repeat this treatment every alternate day for a month to see visible results.
If you have thin and small hairs on the legs and hands, this pack can remove them effectively and offer long term solution when used regularly. Sandalwood and Turmeric is also very effective in treating any kind of skin discoloration and over pigmentation. This pack also promotes soft and bright skin.
- 4 inch turmeric root
- 2 tablespoons sandalwood
- 1 tablespoon glycerin
- Grind 4 inch turmeric root to make a paste and mix 2 spoons of sandalwood paste with it.
- Now add 1 spoon glycerin to the mixture.
- You can increase each of the ingredients maintaining the same proportion according to the requirements.
- Apply this pack onto your legs and hands and let it get 80% dry.
- Now start rubbing the pack on the skin until it gets completely dry and starts to come off on its own.
- Remove the pack with a damp cotton cloth and finally wash with water.
- Repeat the treatment everyday.
Alum can be an effective ingredient to remove the unwanted hairs from hands and legs. It can also be very helpful to retard the growth of the hairs. Essential oils like, lavender oil and tea tree oil can be helpful to retard the regrowth of hairs offering long term solution.
- 1/2 teaspoon alum powder
- 3 tablespoons water
- Few drops of essential oils
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of alum powder with 3 tablespoons of water.
- Now add a few drops of both the essential oils in the mixture.
- Soak a cotton ball in this solution and dab the mixture onto your arms and legs.
- Let it get dry and then repeat the application.
- You should continue the layering for at least 20 minutes and then let it get dry completely.
- Wash off with plenty of water and follow with a moisturizer to negate any drying effect of the alum.
- You should not use this treatment for more than thrice a week.
- Opt for a patch test before use if you have sensitive skin.