The eye is the most beautiful and the most important sensory organ of the human body. Most of the impressions on the senses come from the eye. The eyes also provide an essential contribution to the facial expression. It is the most indispensable means of communication with other people.
Eyes are used to stare at small type and images on computer screens, televisions, and cell phones, which often lead to eye fatigue and an increase in eye problems. Here are some tips to improve the health and longevity of vision.
We are too much dependent on eyes as these days in corporate we need to do more eye work rather than the physical work that is been done by hard laborers. Even if you don’t work outside but need to deal with all household work, eyes still plays an important role in your life. Starting from vegetable cutting to arranging bedroom, everything requires eyes to see. But, most of us are suffering from eye issues these days.
Let us explore some of the simple way through which we can get clear and effective eyesight. Yes, the home remedies will easily help you get such treatment.
Tips for eye care
Regularly check your eyes
It’s important to have an eye test done to make sure your eyes are in proper condition and seeing their best. A visual acuity test will help your optometrist determine if you need eyeglasses or lenses to keep your eye healthier. A dilated-eye test should also be done to check your eyes for any damage or signs of infection, such as glaucoma, cataracts, or age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
Understand your family’s eye history
Does glaucoma run in your family? Does any of your family member has cataracts? Numerous eye troubles are hereditary. If you think you have a high risk for evolving an eye infection or eye status, you can take steps to avert it.
Wear your sunglasses
Sunglasses help averts cataracts and crow’s feet. Ultraviolet (UV) rays can damage your eyes any time of the year, and in forenoon and late afternoon, too — not just noon. Select sunglasses with large lenses — or even wraparound lenses — that offer 99% to 100% UVA and UVB radiation defence.
Take care of communicate lenses to avert eye infections
Always wash your hands methodically before handling lenses, and follow the instructions for cleaning, disinfecting, and saving them to reduce your risk of eye infections. Furthermore, wear and restore communicate lenses as suggested by your eye specialist.
Consume right food to keep your eyes nourished
It’s a fact that beta carotene in carrots is good for your eyes, but so are plentiful amounts of vitamin C, vitamin E, zinc, and omega-3 fatty acids. They all help reduce your risk of AMD, a widespread eye infection that can lead to blindness. Fill up on oranges, strawberries, and leafy greens for vitamin C. Add turkey and pullet for zinc. Eat almonds and peanut dairy spread for vitamin E, and salmon, tuna, or halibut for omega-3s.
Prevent computer eyestrain
Most of us overlook to blink and take breaks as often as we should while employed on the computer or watching TV, which can make eyes exhausted and dry. It might even give you a headache. Pursue the 20-20-20 rule to decrease eye strain: Every 20 minutes, gaze away about 20 feet in front of you for 20 seconds.
Heal dry, irritated eyes
Are your eyes itchy, scratchy, flaming, or dry? As you age, normal rip output declines, which can lead to dry eyes. To prevent dry eyes, consume more nourishment with vitamin A (like cantaloupe, carrots, and mangoes), use a humidifier to moisten dry air, and wear sunglasses to protect your eyes on bright or breezy days. Some prescription and over-the-counter meds, such as antihistamines and pain relievers, can decrease your eyes’ proficiency to conceive natural tears, so inquire your doc for options.
Check your eyes for signals of other health troubles
If your optometrist notices that blood vessels in your eyes look rigid, form kinks or loops, or looks bronze or gray rather than red, it could be a sign of high blood pressure or diabetes, which can damage your eyesight. Blocked body-fluid vessels or inflammation in your eyes may point at autoimmune infection that can cause vision troubles, pain, sensitivity to lightweight, and red itchy eyes.
Workout for better vision
Vigorous workout, such as running, can protect your eyes from cataracts and AMD. Not a runner? Any workout that pumps up your cardio fitness, such as biking, roller skating, swimming, or raising weights, can defend your eyesight by reducing inflammation in your body that in contrary influences your eyes. Apart from this, WowSkates.com.au would be the best option to visit if you are looking for a great variety of roller skates online.
Use defense to avert eye injuries
If playing sports or doing chores round the house, defend your eyes to decrease your possibility of eye wound. If you commonly wear eyeglasses while playing tennis or baseball, be certain your frames are made of polycarbonate — a super-strong artificial. When using house cleansing goods, wear security goggles to protect your eyes from chemical splashes, turn the squirt nozzle away from you, and wash your hands thoroughly after utilizing cleansing chemicals.
Food for bright eyesight
Eyes require multiple nutrients to function optimally. Some of them are–
- Vitamins A, C, E, and minerals like copper and zinc.
- Antioxidants protect the macula from sun damage The main source of these antioxidants are dark leafy greens, egg yolks, yellow peppers, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, and carrots. Recent research has depicted that consuming yellow and green vegetables help to prevent age-related macular degeneration which is a leading cause of blindness.
- Foods rich in sulfur, cysteine, and lecithin help protect the lens of the eye from formation of cataract. Foods like garlic, onions, shallots, and capers are rich in these contents.
- Blueberries, grapes, and goji berries have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that help to improve the vision.
- DHA is a fatty acid found fishes like wild salmon, sardines, cod, and mackerel. DHA provides structural support to cell membranes to encourage eye health.
Exercise for eyes
These simple exercises help to maintain optimal vision and can also help to keep the eyes away from minor problems.
These exercises need to be performed first thing in the morning, before bedtime, or any time during the day when the eyes feel tired. Perform the exercises daily at least for a month with a relaxed mood and clean hands.
- Warm the eyes by rubbing the palms together to create heat, and then placing them against the eyes for five seconds. Repeat this three times.
- Look up and roll the eyes slowly in a circle 10 times clockwise and 10 times anti-clockwise.
- Hold a pen at arm’s length and focus the eyes on it, and slowly bring the pen closer until it’s about 6 inches away from the nose. Then slowly move it back, keeping the eyes focused on the pen. Perform this 10 times in all.
- Massage the temples with thumb knuckles in small circles. The action must be 20 times in one direction and 20 in the other. Repeat the same actions above the midpoint of the eyebrows at the forehead and then below the eyes on both sides of the nose.
- Put the head back with closed eyes, and relax for 3 minutes.
Rest and recover for eyes
- Sleep is essential for eye health. Sleep allows the eyes to fully rest, repair, and recover. Insufficient sleep may weaken the vision in due course.
- Getting enough sleep is essential for eye health. So shoot for 8 hours of sound sleep a night.
- Rest the eyes 10 minutes for every 50 minutes spent reading or while working on the computer. If your eyes feel over tired, lie down with cooling cucumber slices placed over the eyelids
Quit smoking encourages the risks of getting cataracts, optic nerve damage, and macular degeneration
Wear sunglasses Protect the eyes from the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays by wearing proper sunglasses…UV exposure increases the chances to get cataracts and macular degeneration.
Safety eyewear should be worn while working with hazardous materials at home or at work. Some sports like ice hockey, racquetball and others can lead to eye injuries. Hence helmets with protective face masks or sports goggles are required to shield the eyes.
Protect the eyes from computer screen Working at a computer screen for too long can cause eyestrain, blurry vision, headache, dry eyes, neck, back, and shoulder pain.
- Position the computer in a way that the eyes are in level with the top of the monitor
- Avoid glare on the computer from windows and lights.
- A comfortable and supportive chair will provide the perfect posture while working on the computer… Position it so that your feet are flat on the floor.
- Blink more if the eyes are dry.
- Rest the eyes every 20 minutes by looking 20 feet away for 20 seconds. Also take a 15 minutes break after every 2 hours.
Simple and natural ways to protect your eyes
Warning signs of defect
If you are suffering from some eye problem, the warning signs which you get help you to find out the actual problem you are facing. If you have frequent headache, pain around and sides of eyes, burning sensation on your eyes when you see something with attention, you might have eye problem. If such symptoms take place, you need to see an eye specialist immediately.
Protection from UV light
UV rays that emits from sun can be a major reason behind your eye defect. All you have to do is before facing the sun, take a protection. You can now get branded sunglasses from the market that helps you get protection from ultraviolet rays. The UV rays damages your skin as well as vision. Thus, it is always important to wear sunglasses.
As you all have learned during your childhood that vitamin A is good for eyes, today this particular vitamin rich food will be ideal to provide the best eye sights. The food rich in vitamin A include dark leafy vegetables such as spinach, carrots, sweet potatoes, dried apricots, bell peppers, tropical fruits etc.
Look at greens
Another simple way of keeping your eye sight in good condition is keeping your eye more exposed to greeneries. Whenever you get time you must look outside from the window and look at the trees and bushes with green colors. This keep your eyesight cool and free from defects.