Brazilian blowout is a type of hair keratin treatment originated in Brazil. Hair products of this treatment include native ingredients such as acai berry, camu camu and annatto seeds. Brazilian blowout is one solution to all your hair problems, which is the reason why it is gaining high popularity these days. It straightens your hair, reduces frizz, improves moisture levels, reduces level of heat damage on hair etc… Although Brazilian blowout is quite similar to keratin treatment, you can easily style and rinse your hair in Brazilian blowout, as it is a milder version of keratin treatment.
Benefits of brazilian blowout
- Improves the shine and moisture level of your hair that lasts up to several weeks.
- Reduces Frizz.
- Hydrates your hair
- Reduces the side effects of heat styling on your hair.
- Seals hair cuticle.
- Protects your hair from external damage.
- Creates a protective shield around each hair strand.
- Perfect and safe for all hair types.
- Cheaper than other keratin treatments.
- Long lasting.
- Highly customizable.
- Deeply conditions your hair.
- Gives you easily manageable hair.
DIY Brazilian blowout
Brazilian blowout is quite costly in salons. However, you can easily do Brazilian blowout at your home at very reasonable cost and still get salon like results! This process takes approximately 2 hours and its effects last for about 12 weeks.
Things you will need
- Brazilian blowout professional smoothing solution
- Brazilian blowout anti-residue shampoo
- Hair dryer(blow dryer)
- Measuring cup
- Flat iron
- 4-5 clips
- Hair colour brush
- Measuring cup
- Round brush
- Start with shampooing your hair twice with Brazilian blowout anti-residue shampoo.
- Roll your hair in a dry towel, cover your entire hair with towel and let the towel soak all the water in your hair.
- Unroll the towel, divide your hair into four sections two at top, and bottom each.
- Take the bottle of Brazilian blowout professional smoothing solution and shake well.
- Carefully apply one pump of the solution to each of the four sections equally without going near to your scalp and comb your hair throughout.
- With the help of a round brush, blow-dry your hair keeping a distance of 2 inches between them. Make sure your dryer is always pointing down through the whole process.
- After your hair completely dries up take a flat iron and run it through your hair.
- Wash your hair with warm water.
- Repeat the process of blow-drying as done earlier.
Do’s and Don’ts after Brazilian blowout professional smoothing solution!
- Keep your hair untied for at least 72 hours.
- Use Sodium chloride free hair care products.
- In case you want to colour your hair do it after 2 weeks of Brazilian blowout.
- Do not use normal shampoos.
- Do not wet your hair in swimming pool for long time.
- Do not use special gels or sprays for hair styling products for at least 72 hours.
Even though Brazilian blowout is safe, you should be careful while using flat iron as harsh ironing can damage your hair. Also expert’s advice on avoiding hair products that contain sodium chloride post Brazilian blowout.