Our skin is very delicate and sensitive. It starts looking dull with age, with exposure to harmful chemicals in the environment and also by hormonal changes taking place from time to time. Hence proper care is essential. There are several cosmetic products to get a glowing skin available in the market, but they turn out to be expensive and can have some side effects. Homemade recipes for getting a fair and glowing skin, made from natural ingredients are found to be more effective, inexpensive and have no side effects.
You must have spent half of your income on expensive creams that may not be effective all the time. As soon as you view a new type of beauty cream over the television screen, you think of trying it. This way, you may not even realize how much you have spent unnecessarily on variety of beauty creams. Even, the manufacturers can use the harsh ingredients in making the most trustworthy cream in the market. But, there is a different way through which you might not spend too much but can easily get nice and glowing skin. Just the ingredients present at your home will be ideal to process the DIY beauty recipes.
Natural ingredients can be used to make efficient homemade exfoliators, scrubs, peels, washes and masks to improve the quality of your skin. They are east to make and are trustworthy when used. Even no side effect will be portrayed whether you personally use this recipes or your daughter
List of natural DIY beauty recipes for glowing skin
Honey and yogurt
It is quite common to find honey in maximum kitchen as this can be used to substitute sugar in tea, coffee and milk. Yogurt is used mostly by the people staying in south India. They always consume yogurt with their meal on a daily basis. Thus, preparing a wonderful beauty recipe will be quite easy. For making this recipe, you have to take two parts of plain yogurt and half a quantity of honey in the bowl and mix it well. Now apply this mixture on your face and stay for a period of 10-15 minutes. Now wash away with warm water and get brighter skin.
Soda and honey
Baking soda is available in both Indian, western and continental kitchen to prepare many food items. This soda is very useful in preparing a scrub along with the face wash. If you have rough and uneven skin tone, soda will help to get your skin back to the appropriate form. For making this recipe, you have to take equal quantity of honey and baking soda. Combine both with a spoon and place it on your palm. Add some drops of water if the mixture becomes too hard. Now apply this on your face and slowly rub it in a circular motion in your face. This will remove all unwanted granules on your face along with dead skins.
Pumpkin and milk
Your vegetable basket must have a slice of pumpkin for creating a healthy food for the family. You can take a slice of pumpkin from there, peel the outer flesh and make a pure out of it with the help of the mixture. While making the mixture, be careful to remove the seeds and the rotten part from it. Now in a container, put two teaspoon of pumpkin puree, half teaspoon of milk and ½ teaspoon of honey. Mix all the ingredients very well and apply it on your face. Let your face dry for a period of 15 to 20 minutes and wash it away with the warm water.
By trying the above recipes which have been prepared at home without putting any chemicals, you will definitely get glowing and soft skin. You can throw away all cosmetic creams from your dressers and apply these homemade recipes.
- Citrus mask: It is contains powerful antioxidants and is rich in citric acid which works as a good exfoliator. It is an ideal mask for getting rid of the excess oil from an oily skin. Take an egg white and beat it in a bowl. Mix one spoon sour cream in two spoons of grapefruit and lemon juice and add it to the beaten egg white. Apply this paste on the face and neck and leave it for about 20 minutes before washing it off with cold water.
- Tomato exfoliator: It is made with tomato pulp, honey and brown sugar. Tomato helps to fight free radicals and brown sugar serves as good exfoliating agent. Mix the three ingredients in a bowl and rub it gently on the face. Let it stand for 10 minutes and then rinse it clean with water.
- Cinnamon cleanser: It is a good exfoliator which soothes and stimulates the skin. Mix ½ spoon of cinnamon powder with two spoons of powdered milk, one spoon brewed chamomile tea and few drops of honey. Apply this paste on wet face and leave it for 5 minutes. Rinse and dry the face.
- Honey cleanser: Honey on its own has the properties to make the skin soft. Simply apply a thin layer of honey on the face. Leave it to absorb for five minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water.
- Almonds: This paste is suitable for all types of skin but is best to be used in winter especially on dry skin. Make a paste with 6 ground almonds, a beaten egg yolk and one spoon of honey. Gently rub this paste on the face and let it dry. Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Cucumber: Mix three spoons of beaten curd with one grated cucumber. Rub this mixture on the face and neck and wash it off after 5 minutes.
Skin-toners & fresheners
- Cornflower: Mash a handful of corn flowers in a bowl of boiling water and mash them together. Add one spoon of witch hazel before storing the mixture in a bottle. It serves as a soothing astringent.
- Ice-cubes: Ice-cubes are good to be used as skin tones and fresheners. The pores also get tightened and there is increase in blood circulation.
- Orange peels: Dried orange or lemon peels can be powdered and used as an astringent. The powder can be stored in a jar and used by making a paste with equal amounts of water or rosewater. It is an effective cure for pimples and helps to strengthen the pores.
Dark circles removers
- Cucumber: Cucumber is the best agent to reduce the puffiness below the eyes and to remove dark circles under the eyes. Use refrigerated slices of cucumber for eye treatment by applying them over the eyes for at least 10 minutes.
- Tea water ice cubes: Ice cubes made from brewed tea are also beneficial for getting rid of dark circles under the eyes. Wrap the cubes in a cotton cloth
Packs for glowing skin
- Gram flour face pack: This homemade mask made from natural ingredients can be used on all types of skin. Mix two spoons of besan with one spoon of turmeric and lime juice each. Make a paste by adding some rosewater. Apply it on the face and neck and leave it to dry. Wash it with lukewarm water after 20 minutes.
- Top of Form
- Bread crumbs face mask: Prepare this simple mask by mixing bread crumbs with milk cream and leave it aside for a couple of minutes. Apply the paste on the face and wash it off after 20 minutes.
Glowing skin is something that you will always like to have irrespective of your age and gender. Now, it is no more required for you to depend upon the cosmetic products available in the market. Rather, the natural homemade beauty recipes will be amazing to get glowing skin tone. Let us find out some recipes.
Natural homemade beauty recipes for glowing skin
Fuller earth with clove oil
If you have pimples over your skin, this combination will give you a boost with the eradication of pimples all over your skin. To make this pack all you require are, sandal powder- one spoon, fuller earth- 2 teaspoon, clove oil- 2 drops. Mix them well and also add some water in order to make a thick paste out of it. Now apply the paste all over your face, especially those parts where you have pimples. Wash it after 20 minutes time. You can easily get beautiful skin with a lucrative glow.
Neem paste remedy
If your skin is affected with the microbes that are unseen, it will be really difficult for you to get an attractive and lovely skin tone. The Neem is such a wonderful natural ingredient that removes all microbes, infectious elements from your skin. You need to take some neem leaves and grind them in grinder with the addition of little water in it. Now with the paste apply some honey and cinnamon powder. Mix them well and apply on your face. Wait for 10 minutes and remove.
Basil leaves and rose water
You can now get wonderful remedy and flaunt your long awaited glowing skin with few simple tips. One of the recipes to be availed right at home will be with the use of basil leaves. You need to get handful of basil leaves in a container and let it get squeezed with hand. Not get it in a grinder and make simple pulp with it. Also add few drops of rose water in it. Mix them well and apply over your face. Wait for a period of 30 minutes and then wash it off with plain water.